/fat/ - fat loss general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lardasses who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 0.72g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a ketard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1309139319102101021242131.jpg (632x473, 35.48K)

Let’s
Go

Attached: 9A27851D-C10A-4972-A818-32B0D0CDDE8C.jpg (2200x1159, 262.59K)

I lost 15 kg and then proceeded to gain 65 kg in 1 year.
I think i would have just been better off staying at 100 kg than trying to lose weight and then turning into this.
Maybe i should just kill myself instead of trying to lose weight because if i go through this again i will go to like 200 kg probably and i wont even be able to walk anymore.

I think I will join the fatty contest this weekend when the script opens up bros. After a period of rapid weight loss from 300ish I've been stuck fluctuating between 255-265 ever since January and need to make losing weight a priority. I'm back towards the lower end of my plateau (256.4 as of this morning) and want to break through it this time instead of getting lazy and gaining again.

WAGMI

Attached: googly rock.jpg (980x653, 78.34K)

I have no appetite to eat my food
how to fix this shit
I can only eat litte portion of my food and drink whey to compensate it

Push yourself through. Keeping consistent calories is important, and if you feel excessively full, just know it will be easier next time.

>be me 2 weeks ago, 42 yo 5.8" almost 160lbs drinker fag otherwise on a healthy diet
>blood test results high in cholesterols and triglycerides, GGT - liver getting fatty
>remember Any Forums, lurk /fat/, decide to fuck this sedantary life and Any Forums
>get into insta-cut mode; intermittent fasting 8/16 hrs, fasted cardio of 500~700 kcals in the morning, dyeling to fails in the afternoon for the last 7 days
>lost 10lbs, bf 22 -> 19.5%, pic.rel. (metric)
I'll post progress next week and forthcoming blood test in /fat/ general.

Attached: Screenshot_20220913-212827_openScale.png (1311x1881, 99.25K)

What caused your rebound? I'm on my first time doing structured dieting and only 3 months in, 30lbs down. Trying to at least avoid rebounding if I fail.

>plateaud after losing only 15 pounds
I'm going to start doing daily exercise, though, so should be easy enough to break through. ~295 right now, 200 at Christmas, bet.

>15 weeks
>95 lbs
>over 6lbs per week
user you would need a daily deficit of 3000 calories. A reasonable decently large goal by Christmas would be to lose 35lbs.

fastest realistic weight loss doing this? (kg/week)

alternate normal eating day and 24 hour fasts, soon will move to 48 hours. (1 day eating 2 days fasting)

consume adequate protein on the eating days

weight training 4/5 times a week, cardio 3/4 times a week

>stats
169cm
93kg
untrained
80kg bench, 100kg squat, 40kg ohp

noice soon under 200

Attached: 1652948315576.gif (498x463, 2.36M)

What are the implications to using amphetamines to lose weight?

depends how much you eat on your "normal" eating days I guess.

>24 hour fasts, soon will move to 48 hours.
Are you sure this is going to be a sustainable strategy for you? Have you ever done any kind of fasting before? No offence but this plan seems a bit unrealistic if you're just starting out and are also looking to do weight training 4/5 times a week + cardio 3/4 times a week.

I still sometimes get dizzy spells doing fasted cardio on a much less intense 16:8 IF schedule, without any fasted weight training. I imagine trying to do both on a 24 or 48 hour fast would just leave you light headed, exhausted, and not making any progress with your lifts unless you're really used to it.

I'm 190 cm and went from 235 lbs to 218 lbs in about 3 weeks doing IF + calorie counting, with weight training 3x a week and cardio on off days. I also cut out booze and fast food completely. You will lose a lot of weight in the first couple weeks but rate will slow down rapidly as you get closer and closer to a normal BMI.

IM GONNA HAVE ABS FOR MY BIRTHDAY
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI
WAGMI

Attached: Immagine.png (3000x1603, 3.03M)

If I do a water fast how long should it take to lose 10 pounds? I heard/read a lot of things, is losing 1 pound/day (so 10 days) reasonable?

Hello retards. I posted a few times about my macro math. Just an update. Blogpost time! I've kinda stopped worrying about my exact macro intake, and really have just been focusing on more meat and less everything else. It seems to work.

I started at 260. Down now to 234.9lbs now, which is a little over 25lbs. Do you know what weighs 25lbs? A fucking full size fire extinguisher.

I got some of my first non-mom mires, too. I shaved, got a haircut, and went into work and my coworkers congratulated me on what they called noticeable weight loss.

I'm still fat, obviously, at over 230lbs and five foot eight, but we're getting there. WAGMI. Keep going.

depends on how much you weight.
check what is your tdee and then if you fast the whole day you are going to lose ( tdee / 3500 ) pounds

Also, am I too fat to do pull ups? I'm still heavy, and short. I keep reading about incorperating pull ups and chin ups into Stronglifts, but I worry I might be too heavy still and could hurt myself if I try it.

You won't hurt yourself just by trying it unless you attempt to go past failure. Just give it a shot and if you obviously can't do it then don't try to push further and do it anyway. Worst case scenario you hang from the bar and can't do it.

Attached: griffith_mobile_wallpaper.png (1080x2340, 1.26M)

Suppose it's not like the barbell. If I don't have the strength to do it then I just hang, yea. TY. Going to the gym now, will look into proper form. TY.

Whatever the case is don’t cut too low without building muscle or you’ll have trouble getting started at all like me. I have trouble doing push-ups at 209lbs 6’5

I GAVE UP AND GAINED IT ALL BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAIN

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (250x248, 9.29K)

I fucked up the tendon in my right lower arm doing this and could barely hold my phone for months.