"Old Fashioned" Physiques

What kind of physical routine would I need to have a physique like these British soldiers from the 1980s? I feel like you saw this body type a lot pre-1990s (it's a bit like an improved version of Connery as Bond) but it seems uncommon these days. People are undoubtedly bigger now but this physicality still seems more masculine to me and I'd rather aim for something like this than a typical zoomer lifter body. How do you achieve this kind of look?

>Lots of long distance running/rucking?
I'm sure that's part of it but the (ultra)marathon runners I know look nothing like this. They're much scrawnier.

Attached: behindthelines.jpg (1173x915, 74.85K)

>1980's
>old fashioned
pick one
t. 26 year old
80's was peak degeneracy an most people didn't look like this regardless of what you 'feel'
if you want to look like a soldier do soldier routines
many running and pushup

doing 1980s soldier training

Well, 'old fashioned' just means something popular in a previous era that's since fallen out of favour, and I'd say physiques like these were much more common 1950s-1980s than they are now. I mentioned the 1980s specifically because that's when the image is from. I wasn't suggesting most people in the 1980s looked like this, clearly, but I'd say more "fit" people looked like this in the past.

Literally just work out and maintain a respectable level of body fat.

I dont understand you lot that are like
>what do I do for x body
you are not a video game character, you have your own insertions and fat deposition, you can decrease fat and increase muscles, thats all you can do, literally have a lower bf% and lift, you are natty so you will probably look like this at some point during your lifting, if you want their actual fitness though follow a 1980s british infantry fitness guide or whatever but if you literally just want that physique then like I said, lift and have a respectable bf level

They are all norwood ing ilmao

Tren hard. Eat clen and ANAVAR give up basically.

post scalp

Attached: 1654641169362.jpg (1000x1000, 125.42K)

Obviously there are variations based on your individual body composition but
>people can't and don't aim for a specific body types
is patently bullshit, of course they do. Bodybuilders have different physical ambitions than someone aiming to get work as a fashion model. They both train and diet accordingly.

I'm pretty sure the secret is just not being on roids.

This body is the product of a more full body approach to fitness. Avoid isolation work. Get gymnastic rings, then do: Pull ups, push ups, dips, rows. Do sit ups and burpees, running and rowing. Maintain a low bf%.

Thank you.

You just need a diet that isn't full of microplastics and xenoestrogens. So basically impossible.

Ultra running is different than soldiering. In the army there are small guys that run fast af but weighed down with a 50-60lb ruck and a machine gun, those little fuckers will slow down.

Definitely look up soldier pt as inspiration. Look for light infantry and airborne units. It’s easy to plan and requires minimal equipment and should incorporate lots of varied tasks because you need to fight in all conditions. Run, ruck, swim, lift, calisthenics. Also eat a lot.

>80's was peak degeneracy
Wtf are you talking about? Its peak degeneracy now you fucking zoomer

>i miss the old days
user i was a conscript not in Britain and not in the 80s but in 2000 in an undisclosed country, we looked kinda similar to your picrel, so in case you wanna to know we did , running every morning 4-10 km and we run everywhere we went , walking was forbidden, push ups push ups and push ups and when we couldn't do push ups we did sit ups (or floor leg raises can't remember that exactly), when we couldn't do anymore we did floor back extensions with hands on the head, on some days we also did pull ups and because my pull ups were shit i did them by myself when i had time in the evening. We did a lot of other things like crawling , running with knees high, sprinting ,burpees, running stairs etc but the staples were running, push ups, abs, pull ups and back extensions.

>Bring back the 80s , i d be ok even with the 90s...even 00s...
>80's was peak degeneracy
the 80s were like an islamic republic if i compare it to today.

Pushups
Pullups
Situps
Jumping Jacks
Running
Swimming

What the Bong Army did for PT
>running and running and running
>long marches
>calisthenics
>rifle PT
They also carried the L1A1 SLR as their service rifle which was heavy and long as fuck in comparison to an M4 and they would do hundreds of reps of standing shoulder presses and duckwalking with it above their heads and they would carry it the whole way through field training exercises and on patrol in northern ireland

food portions were smaller in the 80s and they all smoked too so low bodyfat

Thought that was Steve Rambo up front for a sec.

My father looked like that and I look like that too. Just be a dyel like me.