Does creatine actually cause hairloss?

proof

Attached: clipart1545193.png (513x499, 49.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you lose hair from creatine, you were gonna end up losing that shit eventually anyway

I have beautiful thinnish golden hair tho, I'm young, I dont want to loose it

it increases dht

Same here, I’ve been using creatine since I was 15 and still have all my hair on my head hoss. Also did a test cycle so who knows, I might just have good genes

creatine fucking destroyed my hairline, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and almost have a panic attack because of what I did to myself. honestly bro it makes me cry, having lost my hair. and it did fuck all too, I only took creatine because it was cheap. stupid fucking poison.

>Does creatine cause hair loss / baldness?

>The vast majority of speculation regarding the relationship between creatine supplementation and hair loss/baldness stems from a single study by van der Merwe et al. [61] where college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine (25 g/day for 7 days, followed by 5 g/day thereafter for an additional 14 days) experienced an increase in serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations over time. Specifically, DHT increased by 56% after the seven-day loading period, and remained 40% above baseline values after the 14-day maintenance period. These results were statistically significant compared to when the subjects consumed a placebo (50 g of glucose per day for 7 days, followed by 30 g/day for 14 days thereafter). Given that changes in these hormones, particularly DHT, have been linked to some (but not all) occurrences of hair loss/baldness [62], the theory that creatine supplementation leads to hair loss / baldness gained some momentum and this potential link continues to be a common question / myth today. It is important to note that the results of van der Merwe et al. [61] have not been replicated, and that intense resistance exercise itself can cause increases in these androgenic hormones.

>DHT is a metabolite of testosterone, formed when the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase converts free testosterone to DHT [63]. In males, DHT can bind to androgen receptors in susceptible hair follicles and cause them to shrink, ultimately leading to hair loss [64]. However, in the van der Merwe et al. [61] study, no increase in total testosterone was found in the 16 males who completed the study. Free testosterone was not measured. Moreover, the increase in DHT and the DHT: testosterone ratio remained well within normal clinical limits. Furthermore, baseline (prior to supplementation), DHT was 23% lower in the creatine group (0.98 nmol/L) compared to the placebo group (1.26 nmol/L). Thus the small increase in DHT in the creatine group (+ 0.55 nmol/L after 7 days of supplementation and + 0.40 nmol/L after 21 days of supplementation), in combination with a small decrease in the placebo DHT response (-0.17 nmol/L after 7 days of supplementation and -0.20 nmol/L after 21 days of supplementation) explains the “statistically significant” increase in DHT noted by van der Merwe et al. [61]. While it is possible that creatine supplementation upregulated 5-alpha-reductase activity in these males (potentially leading to increased formation of DHT), no study has reported hair loss/baldness in humans.

>To date, 12 other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation (i.e. doses ranging from 3-25 g/day for 6 days to 12 weeks) on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation [65, 66], while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies [67–71], free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found.

>In summary, the current body of evidence does not indicate that creatine supplementation increases total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT or causes hair loss/baldness.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/

thanks so much man, absolute beast. Have a wonderful day

>does creatine actually cause hairloss?

Yes.

Attached: 1635873015419.png (1874x1242, 572.97K)

Creatine doesn't do anything unless you don't eat enough meat to build muscle.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

long way of writing "there is only one study, and it found that creatine increases dht which increases balding"

you either take the only evidence there is and accept creatine causes balding or you cope and ignore the only evidence we have

>ONE (1) showed increase of DHT
>12 studys followed and tried to replicate the same result but couldn't
Your not as smart as you think you are.

>only evidence
There was 12 studies after the first one that tried to recapitulate the DHT increase results ad none of them did.

there have been multiple guys who did the experiment on themselves and they all find that dht increased after creatine.......... its fucked up

>There was 12 studies after the first one that tried to recapitulate the DHT increase results ad none of them did.
ok so you can't read. those 12 studies studied other things to do with testosterone. none of them measured dht. kill yourself. this is the same deceptive shit with the 'that study has never been replicated' bullshit. yeah its never been done again, there is literally zero other studies that measured dht. link a single one. you can't.

There's no good study saying that it doesn't.
However there's lots of anecdotal evidence.
I personally have tried it in 2 periods over my life and my hairline did recede a little both times, and stopped once taking it.
THere's actually studies coming out saying that's its great for your brain, so it might be worth taking when you're old and don't care about your health.

care about your hair I mean

So what your saying, is that since total test and free test don't increase, that creatine somehow upregulates the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme?

it's not just no good study, there is literally only one study and it found that it increases balding. it would be great if there were actual evidence that this isn't true but there isn't. just coping retards trying to pretend all the evidence should be ignored.

>those 12 studies studied other things to do with testosterone. none of them measured dht
DHT is a derivative of testosterone, meaning to create DHT you need to take some of your total testosterone to make it.

If creatine increases DHT it would have to LOWER total test/free test because the body needs to take existing test to create the extra DHT from supplementing creatine.

So then why did those studies not see a decrease in total/free testosterone?