How do you like your barbell weights, anons? Top or bottom?

How do you like your barbell weights, anons? Top or bottom?

Attached: barbells.png (762x1034, 9.09K)

wtf bros, how do I unlock the Legendary red plate??

where the fuck are you finding 60s?

lmao 1 pl8
go to europe? Use 55kg pl8?

Red 60* plate

yea the picture's kind shit, just a hypothetical

It's not a story the jedi would tell

I always use the largest possible plates I can, with one exception:
If I'm doing say, 225, 245, 255, 265 in that order, I won't bother removing the 2 10's to put on a 25 instead for the final set. People who intentionally use multiple small plates, and not even part of just a ramp-up, just intentionally loading small plates, kind of drive me nuts.

Sorry I meant
>225, 245, 265, 275

never seen red 60s. I do have ivanko 50s at my gym tho which are green

largest denomination plates if not planning to deload for cooldown sets or next lift.

>t. guy hogging ur squat rack for 2 hours

I'll personally still remove those 10's for 25, and the reason is pure autism. It is more work no particular reason and I cannot help but do it.

I bench 225 with only 2.5 lbs plates

bottom is objectively heavier because it is a longer lever pulling down

it would put more torque on your wrists but it wouldn't be heavier

I'll swap out the 10's for a 25 if I plan to go higher, also because autism, but not if that's my top set. Guess I'm just more high-functioning, fren.

I only use 2 digit plates for dumbells, picrel is what I put on the barbell.

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x492, 45.79K)

It's balanced AND matched by an equal and opposite force from the bar (since the bar is not bending/breaking). The only exception to this is if you were holding the bar in some kind of assymetrical manner like during a T-bar row.

retard

Well that's how it is. You're alright friend, any gains I got to give I hope they go your way.

>what is equal and opposite reaction
it's applied twice and both point towards the ground idiot so it has to push back against your hands. literally learn 2 force diagrams

>it has to push back against your hands
No you retard, the "lever arm" is applied against the internal structure of the barbell which is what bends the bar at heavier weights. It does not resolve down to the actual weight you experience.

this. no point in unracking all the weight to use less if you're gonna end up re-racking that same weight immediately/soon after

the sum of forces has to be zero otherwise the barbell would levitate towards the ceiling the weight from the lever is transferred to your hand then to your feet then to the ground also gravity is applied twice because of the additional plates so it's even heavier