Can I get jacked on the nautilus machines alone? Starting Strength Any Forums shits on it...

Can I get jacked on the nautilus machines alone? Starting Strength Any Forums shits on it, but Mike Mentzer considered them the height of physical training equipment.

Attached: Nautilus-Nitro-Plus-Lateral-Raise.jpg (1200x1200, 88.31K)

Yes, I don't see why not. I recommend you do the nautilus pullover. I started using mostly hammer strength machines for my lifting routine.

Attached: Nautilus Super Pullover.jpg (800x600, 87.48K)

Mentzer was talking about og Nautilus, not modern machines

I thought he was he about his time serving under captain nemo.

If you have access to the old Nautilus machines, definitely yes.

I trained on them for 3 years until 20 years ago and had impressive gains. Once you've trained with Nautilus, then there's no way back. Todays machines from LifeFitness, Hammer Strength etc. are outright shit.

Can you adjust the dildo height?

What makes old Nautilus machines better thannew machines?

Phil Heath won Mr Olympia using only machines. Inb4 he is on gear. No shit, so is his competition. If machines were so inferior surely you could never win mr olympia. For average gym junkie its more than sufficient

The old Nautilus machines were tailored for gains, you could totally focus just on making the next additional rep. I kept precise notes where I wrote down my weights and reps for each of the ~18 Nautilus machines I trained with. It wasn't about wasting time by changing plates etc.
You'd just adjust the seat position and start training. Many machines had a lever you could access with your legs, which would bring it into the appropriate starting position like on pic Training with the old Nautilus machines was so comfortable, that body building over time was reduced to psychology; you'd totally focus on breaking a plateau, overcoming pain, reaching a target rep.
Really miss them.

do you think your muscles know the difference between machines and free weights?

If I fail a rep on squats, I'll be crippled. If I fail a rep on leg press, I sit in the chair for 2 minutes. I don't go to failure on heavy compound lifts anymore

Yes

Yes. Machines are great for building muscle. They like barbells are another tool. Use whatever works for you

But then why would they stop making them that way?

Yes, machines can build you a body. There's nothing magical about a barbell besides value for the money. My problem is most machines don't fit me right.

Mentzer's books are bullshit though. He never trained like that, he never trained Yates he only met in person once and everyone at the time said he would be the gym for hours like everyone else.

heh

yeah deadlifts will injure u which is why i wear a double padded tampon in my asshole while i do my pussy spread machine

And what changed with the new ones? Worse rom? Helium weight? Needs an individual squat plug for each seat?

muscle insertion is the limiting factor in all things.
some people develop more muscle from bar, from free weight, from machine, from cable.
it's all entirely dependent on your own personal inserts and to limit yourself to one is to seriously diminish your ability to grow muscle mass.
t. use machines for lat raises because nothing gained from free weights anymore without severe compensation.

Post body

nostalgia

>Mentzer's books are bullshit though.
By the time he wrote the books he had gone deep into meth addled schizo mode.
On a basic level, HIT is quite similar to what a lot of the early bodybuilders and physical culturists used to do. 20 rep squats and similar methods are pretty much a form of HIT