>Sign up for gym with friends
>a month later they're chugging down protein shakes in their lifting belts after talking supplements, subscribed to fitness gurus on tiktok/it and all they can talk about is "hittin' the gym bro!"

How do I unironically avoid becoming a gymcel?

Attached: 20220830_090204.jpg (720x600, 64.69K)

in the long term you can only ever rely on yourself
you should have signed up for yourself
you should motivate to go by yourself
you should learn for yourself what to do and how to do it
your friends help you but you always need to rely on yourself

Stop being friends with redditors

I have a friend who's exactly as you described. Looks like a dyel but constantly buying all of these supplements thinking they're magic. Every time I see him he talks to me about the gym and all the e-celebs he's been watching. Very sad to see. I hope he grows out of it.

lift with them for a year and make secret comparisons with their progress while you slowly seethe that their vapid and inane interests led to more solid progress while you stagnated and had a shit diet

imblying the average zoomie is gonna stick with anything for a year other than the latest addictive videogame or influencer they cant stop watching

>go to gym
>lift weights
>go home
>eat healthy food
>don't talk about the gym unless asked and don't go overboard with it ("yeah I like lifting weights, you should join me sometime if you're interested")
>never become a gymcel
It's literally that easy

I unironically hate lifting with friends. It's nice to have support but I always feel like I'm waiting for someone. I know what I need to do and don't need a bro there to point my in the right direction. A spotter is nice though.

The gym is my entire identity and every time someone asks me how I'm doing I want to respond in terms of how well my last workout or meal was but instead have to say "I'm well, how are you". I hate not having anyone in my life who is consumed by lifting like myself

not gonna make it

This.
Just do your own thing. Talking about the gym is cringe af. Toiling away at making a better, healthier you while being modest about is is based af.

im gym celling so when im shredded next summer my personality will be ready

The issue is people think they can buy themselves to success, it’s the same within every other interest but it’s blatantly apparent with lifting unless your are a roidtranny

Why does Any Forums hate lifting belts?

1. Read the sticky.
2. Take SS + GOMAD

Rippetoe is the only fitness guru you need to get starting gains.

It's the sign of trying too hard. Unless you're a advanced or a powerlifter, most people don't need them, I've seen some DLing 1pl8 with wrist wraps and a belt

I think belts are genuinely something you should always use when you're learning. They're a really good way to teach yourself how to brace.

A certain amount of self-awareness and critical thinking about others will stop you from trying to find your identity in external reality. But on the other side of the token, why not be happy that your friends found something they enjoy?

GOMAD is not necessary for most people. In fact, most people who do GOMAD turn fat. Always try HOMAD or QUOMAD first and use GOMAD as a last resort.

Go to bars and festivals with them and smash pussy you fag.

Based