Tfw i bought a kilo of whey protein

>tfw i bought a kilo of whey protein
>found out two days later i have a mealmoth infestation in an old pack of oats
i got rid of most of them, but is there a chance my whey is tainted? Google says it takes about a month for the eggs to hatch

Attached: 1654869903693.png (696x701, 67.91K)

So? You should be happy
It's free additional protein

steam the whey

Eat the bugs

Attached: devilishpepe.jpg (500x567, 52.58K)

>Bake, or better yet, microwave.
Or just freeze for a day or two.

Does freezing kill them? It could work to make sure they never hatch

Somewhat...?
I guess?

Not a pro here, but my family has a few fruit trees and not enough pesticide used.... Boiling or freezing usually kills the maggots, I'm guessing moth eggs aren't perfectly cold-protected either.

Suggested microwave because that only affects things with watercontent (or metals/metallic paint) and would not even warm up a properly dry protein powder scoop.

If you decide on microwave, use a small batch at first to test if what I said is right.

If you decide on freezer, at worst it'll delay their hatch.

/calm/

Attached: calm.png (741x715, 503.13K)

>at worst it'll delay their hatch
and at best youll be eating dead maggots
OP just throw that shit out

how could anything have gotten into a container of whey unless you left it open?

you don't leave your fucking whey open, do you?

>is there a chance my whey is tainted?
Been down this road years ago. Got them the same way you did. If you see them outside of the oatmeal, then they've laid eggs in that cabinet. There will be eggs on the corners, edges, boxes, and under the labels of cans and on the edges of the whey lid. Clean the lid, check under the wrapper, and store it in the fridge.
>Does freezing kill them? It could work to make sure they never hatch
Yes, keeping all pasta and rice and such in the freezer will stop the problem.

Google says they can live as long as temperature is 10C+, sounds like freezing for a day or two would be sure to kill them but make sure

You will eat the bugs and you will like it, chud

are these adults or eggs were talking about?

Mealmoths can chew through plastic and paper

Just see it as free extra protein :^)

>Pantry moths do not produce toxins or carry diseases. They are not known to spread any known disease, parasites, or pathogens.
Just eat them

You WILL eat the pantrymoths

I used to have the fuckers, I hate them so fucking much. Even the sight of picrel fills me with rage
>Lived with two other guys
>These fuckers start appearing on the walls, their eggs and larvae in our rice and pasta and shit
>Read up and tell the guys about the only reliable way to get rid of them is to trash everything and replace it all
>We do so and bleach the entirely of the pantry
>A month passes
>Lol and behold they start showing up again
>We frantically trash everything again, but no dice
>Every morning we wake up to see two or three of these fuckers on the walls and in our cabinets
>After another month of this madness I discover, hidden in a tiny cabinet behind the hand mixer, is a bag of these white middle eastern pastries the Iranian roommate got from his family
>The bag is absolutely infested with their little eggs and webbing and larvae and some adult moths
>In a fit of rage I grab the gallon of bleach and douse that pastry bag in it, watching the larvae and moths writhe in agony with a massive hateboner
>In that moment I am become death, and realize that all humans share a beatific genocidal instinct
>Once I throw out the bag and clean that cabinet the problem is over finally
>I never trust the Iranian roommate again

The only sure way to get rid of them is to throw out everything in your pantry and clean out every shelf
Because the eggs are small and easy to miss just inspecting the whey won't do anything, and freezing is still taking a chance on seeing those little black fuckers show up a month later. And even then you'd probably end up eating the frozen eggs by accident lol

Trust me, by experience it is worth it to dump everything, autistically clean the kitchen top to bottom, and then eat the cost of replacing everything. For peace of mind if nothing else

Attached: 2-Pantry-Moths-bigstock-epantha.jpg (900x852, 29.03K)

Wouldn't you notice then? Does your whey not come in a big plastic tub? If it's leaking powder from the container just toss it, otherwise how did they get in?

Attached: stare.jpg (166x400, 14.87K)

No, mine comes in a large plastic bag. Im just gonna freeze it for a couple of days and keep it there to make sure nothing comes out of it alive.

/qa/ lost, chud.