What's the best exercise for leg hypertrophy and why is it leg extensions?

what's the best exercise for leg hypertrophy and why is it leg extensions?

Attached: images.jpeg-55.jpg (265x190, 10.45K)

isolates your quads and removes the limiting factor, which is the back.

leg extensions aren't particularly good in any way. if you want something to actually blast your legs like you think you're doing with extensions get on the hack squat.

There is no best. For quads I like extensions and leg presses or hack squats. For hamstrings, rdls and leg curls.

For overall leg development, hex bar Deadlift.
Good tool but they hit the quads different ways. Do both.

there's no reason to be doing both, you are either overtraining or not properly doing either exercise. hack squats are far superior for anybody except beginners.

Hack squats fuck my knees up beyond belief, I don't know if its my form or what but I feel so much tension in my knees it legit feels like they're gonna burst

front squat and lunges hit my legs the hardest. step ups arent bad either.

Attached: gorila_gator_sled_push-e1503506351638.jpg (500x374, 26.85K)

FRONT SQUATTTTTTT

bulgarian split squats

Leg extensions, sissy squats, bulgarian split squats, leg press, hack squat, back squat. In order.

Leg extension + leg curl + good girl machine = secret sauce

Attached: 1662992779765330.jpg (1067x1000, 375.08K)

Too much I bet you have small legs as well.

Attached: IMG_20220702_110000~2.jpg (1792x4000, 1.16M)

I do not practice all those movements regularly. He asked which were the best and I listed my opinions.
Sissy squats and BSSs are not part of my current routine.

Pistol squats anyone?

Terrible for hypertrophy

Try doing a lot of warm ups with no weight on the machine and position your feet further towards the upper edge of the platform

Even weighted? Are they worth learning to do at all for strength/balance/mobility?

it hurts my shins every machine I tried

This used to be me until I started bodyweight squatting to improve my flexibility.
A few times a day, I just squat as low as I can with flat feet and straight back, and hold that low position for 60-90s at a time.
My knees and ankles feel so much better whenever I squat or use the hack squat, it's like night and day.

This is the ultimate quad mashing excercise.

>leg extensions aren't particularly good in any way
Post quads