I've Been a Middle School Teacher for Almost a Full School Year

Occasionally I've had threads on Any Forums whenever I'm bored, this is one of those threads. You're free to talk to me or ask me anything you've ever wanted to know about U.S. education.
>Why the fuck are you on Any Forums?
I began browsing in 2011. I recognize I'm no longer the target audience of the board, but the habit, writing style, and mannerisms of Any Forums are too baked into my life to ever truly leave.

Attached: avatars-000042501197-hyd52s-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 74.5K)

What percentage of it was black?

Would you prefer to teach this years middle school students, or the middle school students from when you were in middle school?

I've never checked. There's a pretty even handed mix of all races, though.
I'll state upfront that I could not do this job if I was racist. There's just too much that comes out of the mouth of a middle school student that a genuine racist couldn't hack it. The school is instead infested with teachers who aren't "racist" but push "problem" students into ISS & force them toward Special Education services at a higher rate than "non-problem" students.
Middle school students from when I was in school, no question. The shutdown last year did irreparable damage to these students, and maybe 2/3 will never recover that time because the education system doesn't allow us to hold students back.

>I've never checked. There's a pretty even handed mix of all races, though.
>I'll state upfront that I could not do this job if I was racist. There's just too much that comes out of the mouth of a middle school student that a genuine racist couldn't hack it. The school is instead infested with teachers who aren't "racist" but push "problem" students into ISS & force them toward Special Education services at a higher rate than "non-problem" students.
Cool. I only ask because when I was a middle school student, the number of black students basically determines whether the teacher will be able to get anything done that day. THey are rude, loud, try to disrupt the class as much as possible, possibly because of their innate cultural traits, and partially, I think, so that the teacher cannot get to the point where he can assign homework.
My teachers would just throw up their hands and call it their culture.

>not racist
Why not?

Why middle school?

Did you have little girls crushing on you?

How much do you get paid? Is it a lot?

Is this job what you wanted to do in the first place, or did you settle for it?

So it really is a problem everywhere (supposing you don't teach near me). My mom is a kindergarten/pre-k teacher, and she says the same thing. That not being able to hold kids back is wrecking them.

Your teachers sound awful and their administration was inept, I'm sorry you went there.
>bro just hate children on the basis of their race rather than the million reasons they will give you to hate them
No?
Easy. It's a grift. If I have an issue with a student, they will leave within two years. No real growth is expected in my area (Resource Teacher).
$46,000 a year starting. It sounds nice, but after taxes, retirement, and paying for benefits, it is $24,000 take home pay. Combine mortgage and HOA and I'm paying $13,200 a year for housing. I'm comfortable, and my bills are paid, but it feels as tight.
It's peanuts now, but as I said I'm a first year teacher. With a national board certification, master's, or higher, I can earn tens of thousands of dollars more. Due to the incredibly lucrative retirement program I'm in, I can retire with at minimum $3,000,000 even if I never accept a higher position.

Attached: 551587a4-5b4e-45e2-b86f-a11b76ba8824.jpg (1440x1144, 65.66K)

You fucking the kids or what? Think anybody else is? I feel like about 75% of the male schoolteachers I've met are horny for whatever age of students they teach.

Mr. glowy FBI, STFU, go back to watching your child pron on our tax dollars

That's an excellent question. I've always wanted to work for a government in some capacity due to the frankly absurd benefits. I fell into teaching due to a state program offering full ride scholarship in exchange for working within the state, so it seemed like a good marriage of various desires.
What I didn't expect was how easy the job is. This is my first year but, without exaggeration, I am teaching laps around my peers. The people I work with cannot handle the demands of a 9-5 jobs. Every lesson is written the morning of, every meeting agenda is created after we've sat down for the meeting, there is zero thought behind their actual actions, there is zero theory behind behavior management. The biggest issue in education today is the teachers, these people are scum and I have no idea why they're here.
Oh absolutely. It's a structural issue: If we held back every student we genuinely should be holding back, no school could house that many students, so just kick the can down the road. That's how we're getting students into their junior to senior year of high school who cannot add/subtract/divide/multiply.

Attached: cover-photo-e1549395574395.jpg (2560x1439, 298.83K)

Begone, federal agents.

Attached: 1643611405654.jpg (125x84, 1.45K)

>That's an excellent question. I've always wanted to work for a government in some capacity due to the frankly absurd benefits. I fell into teaching due to a state program offering full ride scholarship in exchange for working within the state, so it seemed like a good marriage of various desires.
>What I didn't expect was how easy the job is. This is my first year but, without exaggeration, I am teaching laps around my peers. The people I work with cannot handle the demands of a 9-5 jobs. Every lesson is written the morning of, every meeting agenda is created after we've sat down for the meeting, there is zero thought behind their actual actions, there is zero theory behind behavior management. The biggest issue in education today is the teachers, these people are scum and I have no idea why they're here.
Thanks for letting me know, that is very intersting. It also sounds cool you will be super rich when you retire.
I am in a similar position as you; I am also a government wagie. I like it, cuz the expectations are pretty low, the people I work with are lazy and dumb (so there is always someone being the "problem" worker, it will never be me), the benefits are insane, and the pay is consistent.
Gov jobs are awesome, I can't complain. Just keep your head down, have zero ambition, and you will be fine

How blackpilled are modern zoomers? Do the girls outright tell all the manlets that theyre genetic trash and then get railed by tall men or do they keep that hatred to themselves still?

Do you ever dream about doing more, though?

Attached: 1643696885695.jpg (1920x1080, 419.33K)

Have you ever watched The Wire? If not then you should, one season has a storyline I'm sure you would identity with

It depends on their general intellgience. There's this middle clump of students on my team specifically, maybe 80 or so boys and girls, I literally cannot tell apart. Same outfits, same conversational style, same haircuts, ect. If they're blackpilled I have no way of accessing that information, talking to them is disheartening because it feels pointless.
The top 40 students are all little (early seasons) Lisa Simpsons, though. Anyone with even an ounce of self awareness is depressed.
If you're asking if they subscribe to Any Forums specific lookisms, though, obviously not.