My voice is very, very ugly and hard to understand. I was born with a bunch of defects and an effeminate...

My voice is very, very ugly and hard to understand. I was born with a bunch of defects and an effeminate, down-syndrome-esque voice is one of them.
I am massively insecure about it. People make fun of it sometimes and I can't even be mad because it's literally just true, my voice is painful to listen to.
Because of this, I don't speak unless spoken to for the most part, even with my parents. The only people I talk to without holding back are my sisters.
I'm just not sure how to feel about it. I want to be able to talk to someone and be easily understood/taken seriously.
I don't know if speech therapy could do much to fix it. I highly doubt it, but I've not looked into it.

Attached: 1638567514426.png (411x379, 180.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1boylOcWn0Rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you sound like user post a vocaroo please. im confused? im sur eit cant be that bad.

voca.ro/1boylOcWn0Rs

Fuck what other people think man, they're not in the right to make fun of you. Making fun of someone for something like their voice is fucked, that's like telling someone they're ugly when they smile. You should talk when you want to and verbally destroy anyone who has a problem with it.
I would like to hear it as well

Attached: 1608941294923.png (271x186, 6.84K)

>Making fun of someone for something like their voice is fucked, that's like telling someone they're ugly when they smile.
I agree that making fun of things that people can't control is bad but the issue is a bit greater than just being cyberbullied sometimes. People just treat me like I'm special ed even if they're just trying to be nice and polite

I'm sorry user, that does sound pretty rough. At least you're not actually retarded, I suppose. How exactly is your voice caused by defects if you don't mind me asking?

You don't sound so bad honestly,you just a...weird way of pronunciation but honestly your voice sounds ok

Thank you for being honest. I'm not sure what exactly causes me to sound like this, I think it might partially have something with my weirdly deformed tongue. I have a little sister who has similar defects. I think my mom once told me there was some bad medication she was on while pregnant or something but I don't know if that's true.

Voice itself sounds fine, pronunciation(?) is a little weird but I believe there's professionals out there that could help you fix it

I meant that your situation sounds rough, not your voice to be clear. I agree with the other user, your actual voice does sound ok to me. Also not effeminate at all.

I don't mind hearing you talk user :]

Attached: 1612030033722.png (398x443, 141.94K)

>voca.ro/1boylOcWn0Rs
Why do you remind me of Donald Trump?

If you guys think therapy could significantly improve it I might have to seriously look into it. I was actually meant to go to speech therapy when I was a kid, spent a day there, but for whatever reason didn't continue it. May have been lack of money.

Thank you user.

I'd never thought of it but somehow I get what you're saying.

Attached: 1641680982230.png (472x630, 112.02K)

not user but yeah I think you could make a big difference by visting a speech therapist. If it is a result of some deformity in your vocal cords, then maybe not not without surgery (no point doing that, its not too bad)

your voice is cute as hell op. its like you got a lisp and i love those in both females and males.

Attached: 1537710927946.gif (256x256, 232.5K)

Hey user, your voice didn't sound ugly, or feminine, or down syndrome-esque to me. From what you're describing, it does sound like you might benefit from speech therapy. My older sister had was born with a minor cleft palate, she had surgery and a lot of speech therapy as a kid. Now she has a daughter who was born with tongue tie which when finally discovered got snipped. She's going to need some other minor surgery on her inner lip when she's a little older, and will probably need to do some speech therapy. Heck, I know this doesn't completely relate to your issues, but you're not alone in this and I know that speech therapy can work wonders. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your voice.

Doesn't sound that bad, sounds eerily similar to someone I know.

Definitely go see a speech therapist if it is really impacting your life. I am reasonably confident they could do a fair bit for you

i keked. This made me kek alot

Attached: kekpepe.jpg (260x194, 12.73K)

Yeah that sounds really hard man

Thank you for the support, friend. I will try and see what I can do to get therapy for it. I'd never heard of a tongue tie, so I looked it up online and tried to compare it in the mirror, and I... think? I have one? I'm not sure. Who would be able to determine if any operations need to be done? I assume that's not something I bring up at therapy

I listened to the vocaroo you posted. I like your voice user! You don't sound effeminate to me. I also agree with the other user. Try doing a Trump impression, it sounds like you could do a good one. I used to go to school with someone with a similar voice. Keep you chin up! You sound great!

Lol you sound like the psychicpebbles guy doing a Trump impression.

a bit gruff (which is fine including for singing) and a bit unpracticed/loose on the articulation. it's not painful to listen to, not any more than elvis costello or timber timbre.