Ruralbot General

>Nowhere to meet women
>Nowhere to make friends, hobby groups/clubs don't exist
>What's a public transit
>Everyone is old
>Population is stagnant or shrinking
>Job opportunities are limited except at fast-food places because there are almost no young people in town to work those jobs
>Housing is surprisingly expensive because of retiring boomers moving in
>The only young people who stay around are white trash who like hunting, four-wheeling, and fentanyl

I get the feeling that all the normies who dispense their normie advice assume we live in big cities

Attached: original.jpg (540x540, 123.31K)

I lived in a pretty rural place that got a shipping warehouse. Worked their for a few years and left to a bigger city once I saved up some money.

Rural America is a soul sucking trap but if you learn a trade you can usually make decent money.

I have never related to something so much in my entire life.

How could you afford rent in a city? Did you get a better job lined up?

>t. nearly 30, live with parents in Bumfuck Nowhere, make $16.75 an hour part-time

A couple weeks ago I made a thread asking how anons would suggest revitalizing a small town

One pointed out there there are THOUSANDS of these holes dotting North America, all virtually identical and all having nothing to offer. He said they should just be razed to the ground so the land can be returned to nature. It sounded brutal but I somewhat agree, the upsides to living here are so limited that it's a net loss unless you're 70 years old

I saved about 5 thousand and moved without having shit lined up. I live in a Midwestern city so rent isn't outrageous and it's not like I'm living downtown. I just commute which used to be about 25-45 mins depending on traffic but now it's just like maybe 10 minutes if I'm not working from home.

Job prospect are obviously better so finding work to pay the bills at first wasn't really hard 29 now and I have a good job on track to make +$30/hr. No degree or anything but I'm in much better place than I was 10 years ago. I've got a savings and my credit score is in the mid 700s when I used to just be making about $14/hr living with my parents in rural Ohio.

>A couple weeks ago I made a thread asking how anons would suggest revitalizing a small town
You have to do something crazy like start manufacturing silicon wafers.
Sure you're not going to take the number one spot away from the valley, but almost noone on the planet does it other than them, spreading that market out could boom a town IMO.
Although making silicon wafers is no walk in the park, I'm not sure what other super niche industries could have a comparible effect.

Indeed. Small-town America is, quite frankly, isolation. Younger folks such as myself that have no prospect of escaping will inevitably be confined to rural America.

Despite the tumultuous atmosphere of major cities, the social benefits are immense.

Good for you user

How has it improved your life otherwise

It feels like the only ways out are STEM or trades, neither of which I'm suited to

Me too, user. I live in a rural part of Ohio and have a 40 minute commute to a public university in a bigger city where I'm majoring in communications.

Hope you can make something of it user

I'm doing online college for the low-paying job I already have

I mean overall my quality of life went up but their are small things you miss. I can't really just look up at the stars anymore with the level of light pollution. Traffic sucks during sporting events and snowfall. Also a phenomena I call "urban fast food" which really applies to any customer service oriented business. The service is just lesser. Places are dirtier and lines are longer and staff if usually trashy. I don't exactly have high standards but these types of businesses just suffer in a urban environment because of the higher foot traffic. That said if you can find an Indian owned and operated chain you'll probably get clean and quick service.

During the beginning of the pandemic, all my classes were online. I hated it very much.

Despite the long drive, I enjoy having in-person lectures. It's much easier to talk to people and it's my escape from Bumfuck Township, Ohio.

Funny enough in my four-digit-population town, many of the fast food places are staffed mainly by Indian students who drive in from the city 70 miles away

I don't mind online classes except it's REALLY FUCKING HARD not to get distracted and fall behind

>live rural
>be white and not a faggot so its awesome tho
damn its comfy out here bros.
>The only young people who stay around are white trash who like hunting, four-wheeling, and fentanyl
really says it all doesn't it. 3 of the most based things you can do on this planet and to you it's just 'white trash' shit. KYS faggot.

Attached: 555r46.jpg (1499x2000, 826.68K)

>rural
bitch you posted a town on your pic, that's not rural at all.

based fentanylbro
whenever I feel tired of living rural, I just remember what cities and suburbia is like and thank God that I'm home

Shut the fuck up you nitpciking clown

I think college towns are the perfect balance.

>small population
>decent job market
>plenty of women
>all the basic amenities