Joker (2019) is such a masterpiece, I don't think any other movie will ever be like it

Joker (2019) is such a masterpiece, I don't think any other movie will ever be like it

youtube.com/watch?v=WbliHNs4q14

Joaquin Phoenix pulls off this scene so masterfully, you'd think it was a real event. When he shakes with adrenaline after the kill, when he breathes easily afterwards, it's perfect. He drips with anxiety before this scene, and then it's just lifted off his shoulders.

Attached: 1642123507606.jpg (3200x2133, 880.14K)

I've seen clips but I've never fully watched it, I'll probably watch it later tonight.

I didn't like it. It was obviously made with the intention of the recent "incel" events in mind, and made the Joker's backstory into a "bottomfeeder" man of modest means, suffering from neurosis, and not able to do anything about it.
The amount of men in the world who are like Joker's character are not an insignificant number, and we would usually just be ignored. Only outliers among our group actually "go ER", snap and commit an act of domestic terrorism.
That movie was just to further propagate the meme that the downtrodden men of society shouldn't be ignored but they should have their assholes studied with a magnifying glass routinely, because there's a "chance" that they could snap under the pressure. It vilifies innocent people who are already on bad terms with the rest of society.

>The amount of men in the world who are like Joker's character are not an insignificant number, and we would usually just be ignored.

Attached: 261713f1df772822636f42af039f8a4d.jpg (500x501, 42.46K)

Illustrating my point, you're deriding me based on literally nothing else than a comparison to a fucking movie character

and to add, a movie character that was clearly a social commentary on a certain subclass of men

>It was obviously made with the intention of the recent "incel" events in mind
I don't think it was desu. I don't think there's any relation between the two. the movie was influenced by Taxi Driver

>I didn't like it... anime-forum ideology drivel

Imagine disliking films because you latched onto some bizarre movement created by neckbeards on a jerk-off forum. At least Arthur Fleck wasn't so deluded he bought into manufactured politics, you make him look reasonable and clear-headed by comparison.

Attached: 1615052356809.gif (500x334, 578.5K)

>the guy blowing shit up and leading mass domestic terrorism is more level headed than you, a nonviolent person who can recognize patterns

he didn't blow anything up

I actually dont empathise with joker or Bateman or Chigurh

You're right, I am, because you see yourself in a fictionalized comic book villain
You think he's like a certain subset of people that you yourself belong to and associate with being, and that's why you don't like the movie?
Your belief is derived from a pity-me attitude and he is only a relatable character because you feel like a social outcast, not because of some intrinsic characteristics you assume they gave him

>I actually dont empathise with joker or Bateman or Chigurh
wtf is wrong with you?

He got "revenge" with a guy that ridiculized him and was his last good "acquainttance", whatever happened after was not on his plans.

>guy goes crazy and shoots a tv host who made fun of him
>somehow this makes him and incel
r/inceltears embarrassing themselves again

>he didn't blow anything up
Wasn't that the zenith of the movie at the end?

A fictionalized comic book villain that was an excuse to write a social commentary. Yawn dude.
It vilifies single men who live alone and suffer from neurosis. If you can't understand this then you're retarded. This isn't me larping as a comic book villiain, this is the movie instilling memes into normies' heads.
I didn't even watch the movie, but I know enough about it to draw this conclusion.

Planned or not is he the distal cause of the mayhem?

Attached: 1627029363922.png (728x410, 399.63K)

>Wasn't that the zenith of the movie at the end?
he never caused that explosion did he?

>I didn't even watch the movie
Jesus m8, you wrote that essay about a movie you didn't watch?

Joker is insane but if he showed mercy a couple times he wouldn't be that bad.
Batemen is just comedic like the drunk who is always bailed from jail but dies joking on his own lungs.
Chigurh emphasizes fatalism while also painfully ironic in his refusal to budge in his "choice" to carry out said fate. Though following ones "system" is admirable.

I don't watch movies that I don't like the plots and characters of, no.
And that wasn't an essay

The movie did a great job at making me extremely physically uncomfortable for the first half of the movie. It was so hard to sit through

He's not a terrorist as he never had a pseudoideology (like faggot Rodgers with his manifiesto) nor had the intention of a revolution. He's just a guy with a shitty life that had some really shitty days and didn't care anymore. The movie is personal, not political, it's about nihilism.

You don't need to associate "giving up" after a shitty life, shitty days and not caring anymore with violence and uprising.
I agree it's not political but that's the meme that the writer obviously wanted to achieve.

Just a guy ---> shitty life ---> snaps and kills people

It has nothing to do with politics or individual motives, that's the message of the movie.

honestly guys, I don't know why so many robots claim OP's statement. The joker is brilliant, charismatic, and fearless. None of you would be able to come up with such clever schemes, or command a group of thugs, or live a transient lifestyle where you're basically always hiding out from the police or Batman. None of you would actually make it as the Joker.