/church/

Why do you choose not to be Christian?

Attached: RCIA.png (360x450, 167.67K)

because I'm not a LARPing zoomer

Attached: 1640114120325.png (480x640, 96.93K)

Neither are your parents.

belief isnt a choice you faggot
why do you choose not to believe in santa

Attached: 405.png (508x499, 155.64K)

Because I'm too busy learning about Islam and the Quran, which has never changed nor lost meaning over the ages like the Bible

Touch Stenotaphrum Secundatum (grass).

Why do you choose not to be Muslim/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh/whatever-the-fuck-else? Did you compare the evidence from all these religions and decided that Christianity is, beyond all doubt, the one true faith based on undeniable evidence?

Attached: 16807033_1191160251005694_4987541574200929817_n.jpg (900x505, 26.05K)

I actually did tho

Cuz its not fucking real dumbass

I am a qualified engineer fluent in 3 languages.
Intelligence has no bearing in faith.

The Catholic church nor any other Christian organization hasn't made any donations to Foregen as far as I'm aware.

9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner, those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." - Genesis 17

1 theres no way we can confirm the existence of god
2, theres no way to confirmed god is as described in the bible if their is one
3 theirs no way to confirm what ever christian sect the missionary im chatting with is the real one
4 and so on and on

I'm Catholic
I believe that it's real and I follow the commandments for the most part (although I have very lewd thoughts very frequently)
not going to fix your life if that's what you're wondering

There's historical evidence for Jesus' life after the crucifixion

Yes, we're aware that Jews like cutting little boys in their sexual organs, that's pretty redundant

such as....................orgioanamsdkd rf[orfnf=rosc[]psihs;dpodbfpdcdcbdcpoubnc

Abraham was not a "Jew", and besides it clearly applies to gentiles too.

>Abraham was not a Jew
Abraham was literally the Jewest Jew to ever Jew
>the Jewish holy book instructing the further mutilation of Gentile slaves also mentions Gentiles
No shit

???

Attached: 1620142642411.png (500x375, 269.06K)

arent we made in gods perfect image why would he decide later on to chop off babys foreskins ? isnt that a part of his perfect creation ? mine was botched and im deformed for life why the hell would i even bother with a god like that ?

forgot to reply to op my bad

He didn't mention intelligence

'dumbass'
>you're a faggot
>he didn't mention gayness
How amusing...

>Abraham was literally the Jewest Jew to ever Jew
Nope he was from Ur, one of his sons was the founder. And before Moses you really can't call yourself a Jew

Catechism of the Catholic Church, chapter 2, section 2, passage 229, under the respect for human life
> Except when performed for strictly therapeutic medical reasons, directly intended amputations, mutilations, and sterilizations performed on innocent persons are against the moral law.
This implies that cosmetic circumcision is immoral, as it does not treat a defect or
Injury in and of itself. I would argue that circumcision done for preventative purposes would also be considered immoral as it involves the removal of healthy tissue, which is not therapeutic in nature, because the tissue would not need treatment.

>who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen. - 1 Timothy 6:16
>God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? - Numbers 23:19
He isn't a human being, being made in his image has nothing to do with our body.

That's a pejorative
Otherwise known as an ad hominem
His argument was that "it's not real"
He wasn't arguing that you had to be stupid to have to believe in something
Though maybe this is just my autism

No one agrees with your schizo take.
You can't get more Jewish than being the "patriarch of the hebrews"

Attached: 1639803934094.png (885x825, 126.64K)

are you implying our souls are made in his image not our body? just to be clear here

Yeah, circumcision is strictly an order we have to follow. Whether it looks better or prevents some health/hygiene problems is irrelevant.

You do realise that many believe (yes, believe) that being religious is correlated with stupidity?
What does the Catholic Encyclopedia say?

>No one agrees
The second link states he did not become Jewish but rather a believer in One God.

no, j our nature

meant to say just but really mostly

ya learn something new erryday it seems you take care now

Holy fucking contrivance
The first believer in the one god of Judaism
The first believer of the god of the jews

>The first believer in the one god of Judaism
That would be Adam and Eve.
Christianity came before 'Judaism' as well.

All Abrahamics believe in the same God Jews believe in but they aren't all Jewish. He believed in that God before Jews were even a thing.

1 Corinthians 7:18-7:19
> Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised.
> Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping Gods commands is what counts.
It is no longer obligatory. The purpose of the act matters more in respect to the integrity of the body. Mosaic law has been superseded.

Same to you bro, consider "sight". Both man and God is capable of it but we depend on fleshy organs like eyes and the brain to perceive less than a pixel of reality, but he does not depend on anything and can see the entire image with full clarity.

You're retarded. My only response to this is to throw my hands up.

They're either Jews or they think that they're the real Jews. By believing in the Yahweh God of the Jews he became the first Jew.

>My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant.
Do you know what that means? It never ends. Circumcision has to be more than a physical act.
>Mosaic law has been superseded.
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:18-19

>You're retarded. My only response to this is to throw my hands up.
In surrender?
Rabbinical 'Judaism' was codified in the babylonian Talmud very much after the Death of Christ.

Make it to be whatever you want it to be, especially where it isn't even relevant. That's clearly what you're best at. So yeah, surrender, you win. Imagine thinking anyone could change the mind of someone who thinks Jews aren't Jews.

>By believing in the Yahweh God of the Jews he became the first Jew.
Wrong, it just means he believes in that God. You can believe in the same God despite having different faiths, if anything the Jews are copying him. btw it's YHWH

You realise there's no ID on this board? Don't you?

>worshipping the god of the jews
>not a jew

More irrelevant drivel

Christ established a New Covenant by his blood.
The requirement has been abrogated, as it does nothing to bring a person closer to God in and of itself.
We cannot know why it was a requirement for Abraham and his descendants, but I speculate that it had multiple meanings. The first of which is the act of self-deprivation that comes from removing part of the genitals. The second is the disgusting feature that would visibly separate the Jews from Other people and serve as a reminder to themselves of the covenant.
Regardless, Paul notes that many of the practices of the old law have been abrogated. This is because Christians are not required to incorporate themselves into Judaism, as salvation had been offered to all.

>worshipping the God Jews worship in addition to half of humanity
fixed

Not disgusting, i meant to type distinguishing

>The requirement has been abrogated, as it does nothing to bring a person closer to God in and of itself.
It does not have to replace the original covenant, it very clearly states that these laws will not end until all ends. You must follow the laws but at the same time you must have the right intention. Saying otherwise is ignoring divine commandments.
>Abraham and his descendants
foreigners too

>The second is the disgusting feature that would visibly separate the Jews from Other people and serve as a reminder to themselves of the covenant.

Ritual male circumcision is known to have been practised by South Sea Islanders,Australian Aborigines, Sumatrans, Incas, Aztecs, Mayans and Ancient Egyptians. Today it is still practised by Jews, Muslims and many tribes in East and Southern Africa
it is a barbaric means of sexual deprival pure and simple

>sexual deprival
but it doesn't do that at all, I'm the biggest coomer on this board and I am cut

>but it doesn't do that at all
why do i even bother...

And they're not Christians either.

No there isn't. All "evidence" is contained in the Bible and has been compiled by Jesus' followers after his death (cult members).

Because it's not the truth simple as. The Christian view of reality makes no sense, pantheism, holographic fractal universe, idealism, this is the truth, not abrahamic stupidity. Traditions that emphasize meditation practices that explore the depths of your consciousness to figure out the truth all come to similar conclusions and it is not the servile self hating Christian truth.

Attached: SparklingEnergeticJerboa-max-1mb.gif (227x260, 761.47K)

but i am Christian.
i'm a proud Unitarian Universalist.

How do you explain all the codes contained in the Bible? Such as Jesus' coming being prophesied in the Old Testament and so on
Lots of coincidences?

There are a few things to consider, prophetic people have always existed and also the Bible was written years after Jesus died, the council of nicea laid the groundwork for Christian theology, philosophy, and metaphysics.

>prophetic people have always existed
Are there other examples though?
>council of nicea
I'm specifically talking about the predictions of the OT

Well because I find Islam to make more sense desu.

I wish I was a Christian. I used to be more mentally stable when I was raised one. But it didn't make me a good person

At least I would've had nice friends in highschool if I was still one. Alas. No wonder I am depressed now

Attached: EuzqX9SXcAAFbDe.jpg (1200x675, 73.51K)