Depression during your teens pretty much ruins the rest of your life

Never seen someone make it after being depressed around their teens or early "Adulthood". It pretty much ruins your self esteem and there's no one there to support you or anything of substantial value you have achieved in your short life to prove you aren't useless.

I'm 21 now and I've been like this for 5 years, it was pretty much a death sentence and I thought that it would get better at one point if I just tried (it didn't)

Attached: E_DX95FUUAUC9tx.jpg (680x340, 16.5K)

user, I don't know what to tell you except I think you are being over dramatic.
I think most people are just serially depressed and in reality it is extremely common just to feel like shit a lot.
I will never argue with someone as to why they should not be demoralized bc I don't care what you do, but I think it would be wise just to do soemthing small and try to work your way up. Build a new life gradually.
If ur life is so shitty, then what do you have to lose totally reinventing yourself in whatever way you see fit? If you've lost hope, why not risk it all anyways? What's the worst that can happen, you go back to having nothing? You die? Oh no, what could be worse than dying when you already want to kys? Like even if you end up being cringe, that beats the constant agony and despair that seems to be around all the time.
Idk just something to think about. Life is hard and I hope you don't beat urself up too much.

Attached: 1637156015687.png (885x1008, 1.63M)

that's because depression is not real its literally all in your head.

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-191743_Chrome.jpg (1080x1823, 497.94K)

>what do you have to lose totally reinventing yourself in whatever way you see fit?
not op, but i see no way in which i would be satisfied reinventing my life, and seeking out new things to try and develop new interests is a lot of effort and strife that doesn't seem worth it.
i appreciate you responding though.

Although I wish it was that easy to "just be happy" it feels like my brain and body just go into depression mode and I can't really stop it, even if nothing is truly bothering me I just get fuckin depressed

Attached: D8701DBC-1A22-4429-B986-5E8790A94ED2.png (502x665, 79.61K)

Im not OP but that is good advice. Can't be afraid of death or someone threatening me cause I already know I wanted death in the first place.

Might as well inflict as much cringe and pain onto my life (positively) and see where it goes

Attached: 53D85A11-8F1F-4A67-A5D6-687796929BEE.jpg (750x731, 57.31K)

When I was 13 a girl once asked me out for a party. This was at a time when my life was shit. My grandfather who had only recently died was one of my favorite persons to hang out with. At the time I did not have any good friends, I lost most of them when I transfered from elementary to high school.
At the time I was happy that just one person seemed to like me.
But a day before this party I was told it was a prank. Not even by the girl herself, but by one of her friends. I somewhat expected this since I was not a handsome or even interesting person but it cemented my perceived self image.
Even today, 15 years later, it's something I remember clearly. I wonder what had happened if this never happened. Would I ever have the courage or motivation to ask out another girl? Would I have put more effort into making something of my life? Whatever people say, OP, I can definately empathize with what you commented. It was a weight that was placed upon myself that I never managed to remove and I suffer from it to this day.

I think the confidence and self love can only come from within yourself first. Then you should surround yourself with things and people that remind you how great you are or the potential you have. That girl was shitty and those people were shitty but that was a long time ago and theyre long gone. Not everyone is like that and you shouldnt give them any more of your energy mate. Focus on better things and bettering your life

Attached: 8B63C64B-010B-41C8-BFE0-063EB1BEF4D1.jpg (947x1200, 68.67K)

Is this the same guy that is in OP's picture?

Attached: 170812072518-01-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted[1].jpg (3000x1687, 664.72K)

The guy in OP is actor Cillian Murphy

I see. I didn't even recognize him

i think lacking a support system is what kills you. i had friends prior to my depression who still talked to me and reached out to me when i didnt want to talk or be left alone, but ever since moving away from them i haven't made any new friends. and i've wanted to, i just can't seem to be able to. and it feels so much worse than the initial depression where i still had friends, but felt 10x worse.

It's from the show Peaky Blinders. I haven't watched it, but this picture was posted on Any Forums a lot when it aired.

I've been sad and unmotivated since I was 8 and depressed since I was 14. I do think it really messes you up because you never really know what the "real" you is because there's always this blanket of depression or dysthymia over everything that poisons it. I used to be pretty friendly and happy as a little kid but now I'm like a robot. I'm not sure about the self-esteem I do think you can build that up or if you go the sociopath route and just stop caring about other humans.
I'm 30 and I can tell you if it hasn't gotten better by now (therapy, meds etc) then it's never going to improve. On the other hand I never thought I'd see 30 so...maybe there is something there.

it's a very Any Forums-ready image

I think I've been depressed since 2013 or 2014

I was depressed from 15 yo 25. Around 25, I started to accept it's just who I am, my emotions and everything is all apart of me. It's made me numb and apathetic towards life, but I don't deal with the same depression I did when I was younger. Only things that worry me now and days is my lack of doing anything productive like having a job. But it's no where close to how I felt during my depressive episodes.

What I am saying is, it will eventually get better. It's a cliche, but give it time and you will see. It's one of those things you finally understand when it hits you.

Your teenage years are some of your more important, it's what sets you up for future career and whatnot
Pretty much over for me, 2nd year engi student about to flunk

In my specific scenario, my depression ran from about 16 to 20. The most destructive part for me wasn't so much lifelong self esteem damage, but just sitting on the sidelines in my prime rather than participating. Being a gloomy hermit in my dorm or at home instead of being out getting laid when pussy was easy to come across. I was cheated out of my youth in a way.

Very true. I was sort of doomed by the time i was fourteen because i had a single friend who i did things outside school with, and he went to a different school. By the time we graduated we went our separate ways and that was 14 years ago. The lack of positive male advice in general fucked me up. No brothers to ask for help, and dad was even more socially retarded than me.

Ironically, the Any Forums meme about it is that he wants to kill himself because someone he knows was racist (not sure if this is actually the reason in the show, have never seen it).

Attached: the_racism_community.png (641x453, 184.53K)

I realized a couple years ago that I've been clinically depressed longer than I've been happy.

Not sure what to do, anymore