Hypothetically if you were to

attempt to live off a food source as cheaply and healthy as possible, would it be stew/pot roasts? I'm considering living strictly off of stew.

If not, what would be your choice?

Attached: Alan_Watts4543.png (312x312, 96.5K)

didn't some american guy lived on potatoes for a year or something?

Stewed beans and potatoes. Beef isn't cheap retard OP.

Could use chicken. I'd also use a lot of sweet potatos/yams and barley. I want a calorie dense thick stew, not something runny.

It would absolutely be slowcooked stews using cheap cuts of beef, pork or regular stews with fish or chicken. Potatoes, carrots and other varied veggies in there too.

Attached: 13c130b9db24758f01e9e71a6bda10cc6eb2290ar1-1920-1080v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 65.66K)

Alan watts should be a household name

>I want a calorie dense thick stew, not something runny.
He said potatoes. Do you even know how to cook?

At first, but he's just a finger pointing to the moon.

That's what I'm thinking. I've thought about this a lot - I was just curious if anyone else had alternative views. Any suggestions for ideal ingredients? I'm thinking peas, sweet potatos, carrots, barley to start.

Time to live off stew boys.

Pork/turkey, bulked out with beans, lentils, carrots, root veg, rice, (ymmv depending on your countries production of meat and veg. Beef isn't cheap but is better in stews. Chicken isn't cost effective, but also works well.) Possibly drop in an egg, you'll want some kind of additional fat source depending on amount of fat from your meat or if you add an egg.

Personally I think you should just eat what you want and be mindful. It's not really healthy to live repetetively.
yes.

Hijacking to ask about stew
My store has these huge turkey legs, like 2 lb
Could I get away with throwing one +potatoes/carrots/beans/beet (or maybe raddish) in a crock pot for the day?
Ideally the meat would come of the bone and easily be shredded with a couple forks

Attached: Screenshot_20220205-122946_Walmart.jpg (980x452, 266.91K)

Yes, it would be delicious. Instant pot would be great as well. I've done it many times.

Bonus points if you cook the turkey until fork-tender, save the bone, and cook it for turkey stock, then use that to make the stew. More complicated but would be good.

Maybe you could do it, save the bone, and save the bone + maybe a picked rotissere chicken carcass to make stock for next time. 24-48 hours in a crock pot with like a tablespoon of white vinegar (in hard water areas), or else the same in an instant pot for 4 hours on high.

>Beef isn't cheap
Mince is cheap

>see Alan Watts
>enter thread
simple as

good idea, just watch out for those weird, flat bones after it cooks down.

Stew meat is

don't slander the irish like this lad

I eat pretty cheap, I eat a ton of eggs at least a half dozen a day, a pound of beef a day and some rice and butter and oils. I switch up the vegetables quite a bit.

+Milk and a scoop of whey with breakfast

it would be eggs and meat bought in large quantities at a discount. minimal carbs intake. i'd rather be a lean and skinny man than a mediumfat one.

Garden for carbs, fish and hunt for protein+fats

Choosing between being skinny and fat would be the hardest thing ever I've been both neither are good.