Was he right all along?

I now have gymbros that can assist me, so I tried Heavy Duty HIT last January. I gained 5 kilograms of muscle, that's 11 pounds, in one month according to the doctor.
What's stopping YOU from trying? Why isn't this the default form of training?

Attached: Mike_Mentzer.jpg (296x170, 9.48K)

Why is HIT shilled so much these days?

not OP but because it works and it's simple
I'm a fan of doing low volume and higher intensity
in and out of the gym nice and quick
and it dookies over the gym noobie 5x12 stuff

OP here, HIT and Heavy Duty HIT are different things.
I would recommend you do more research on the subject! Its very interesting

You went to the doctor to hop on the scales? B8 or autist?

>Why isn't this the default form of training?
It kinda is. Take someone totally uneducated on fitness and tell him to lift, he will do a single set to failure.

I actually go to get my bf measured.
When I started lifting around a year ago, I started losing fat very rapidly, so much that I was hungry all the time.
When I got measured the first time, the machine couldn't detect any, because it was

Used to do HIT back in the 90s, strength gains were good but that was it. No mass, no athletic perfomance increase.

>Why isn't this the default form of training?
Because the vast majority of people training for hypertrophy, from beginners through to Olympia winners, have more success and less injuries with high volume training. HIT training has a way of inevitably resulting in tearing your shit up, every bodybuilder that's a big advocate of it , like Dorian Yates or Jordan Peters, inevitably ends up accruing many muscle tears and other injuries. Whereas those like Phil Heath, Jay Cutler and Arnold that focus on your more typical bodybuilder training remain quite injury free. Yeah, HIT works better for some, but for most it doesn't. You've lifted for like a single year, you don't know anything revolutionary, just enjoy your new program without thinking after a single year of lifting you're now the new authority on bodybuilding training.

This machine doesn't work, no way you were below 7% bf. 4-6% bf is literally what they were in Auschwitz

>gained 5 kilograms of muscle
Post before and after?
HIT is somewhat based and works for some but not others, have to find what you like and get gains out of

7% is peeled af
4% is contest stage lean

No he was wrong.
Here's the truth about Mike mentzer, he had insane genetics.
Here's him at 19 years old on far less drugs than he was on later in his career.
That's right he was bigger when he was training very high volume and frequency following the advice of his idol bill pearl who trained the same way as did arnold when he was young and made all of his gains too.
You should train with high intensity and high volume/frequency that's where the gains are stop trying to cheat code your way to easy gains, this high intensity training thing works wonders as a form of deload not a way to gain new muscle mass. Just because you get slightly stronger training very low volume doesn't mean you aren't detraining you're basically just peaking hence the new strength gains which will come to a halt inevitably.

Attached: mike-mentzer-young.jpg (800x979, 297.26K)

I have no friends otherwise I’d try it, the whole concept is interesting

>HIT
is a cult and a meme.

there's a faggot on instagram called american ubermensch or something like that. he is the one making all these threads.
I don't even know why you'd choose to attach your whole identity to a particular style of bodybuilding training. it's stupid.

>like Dorian Yates or Jordan Peters, inevitably ends up accruing many muscle tears and other injuries
note that neither of these or any of the other "higher intensity" people actually train the way mentzer eventually came to advocate with 2 exercises every other week or something like ridiculous like that.

Mentzer was a gay meth addict, I don't think he was in the right state of mind to give advice.

>note that neither of these or any of the other "higher intensity" people actually train the way mentzer eventually came to advocate with 2 exercises every other week or something like ridiculous like that.
Well yeah, because that shit is a meme, not even Mentzer trained like that. I think Franco once even mentioned he caught Mike trying to stealthily get extra training volume in at Gold's Venice lmao.

Holy shit

>insane genetics
>5'8
b-but manlets!1!!