What if every American kept their unhealthy food choices, but did not eat to a caloric excess (i.e. no obesity)...

What if every American kept their unhealthy food choices, but did not eat to a caloric excess (i.e. no obesity). Would the health crisis even be that bad? Talking to my grandparents, plenty of my ancestors had poor diets but none of them were eating an excess of calories.

Attached: 1637328251888.jpg (1080x1702, 807.2K)

they wouldn't be as fat of course, so chances are diabetes wouldn't be as big of a problem. now all the other shit that you get from toxic processed foods would still be a problem

Post the other picture so we can laugh at him.

>plenty of my ancestors had poor diets
how bad?

Attached: IDOF-Food-Rules.jpg (600x723, 288.47K)

Tried looking up the account, but it says it's suspended

In the olden days you'd be dead by 50.
Married by 15.

>redditor making everything about themselves

Many such cases

I like Pollan and he has interesting things to say but he doesn't lift.

Not poor like only eating Big Macs and twinkies, but still poor and inadequate. Like eating only a piece of Wonder Bread for breakfast and a small cup of coffee. Lots of processed meat. Drinking Coke. Fried potatoes and snack candies. Fortunately, this was incorporated with similarly small portions of necessary meats, poultry, fruits and veg. But still at what would probably be considered calorically too low by today's standards. It sounds like the men in my family ate quickly their three meals and then hastily got on with their day. They weren't fucking fat. The only ones who died young were the result of accidents.

Attached: 04c0f63b6932.png (1600x1063, 1.38M)

Like what? I'll bet the food that was eaten in the 70s had way worse shit in it.

Not really. Average life expectancy is skewed by infant mortality rate which used to be much, much higher. If you survived childhood then odds were good that you'd live to your late 60s or 70s at least.

No, this is where the keto argument gets it wrong. You'd still be unhealthy, but not more so than if you were obese and eating unhealthy.
>Carbs are linked to diabetes
>Oils are linked to diabetes and heart disease
>X is linked to diabetes
>Y is linked to diabetes
It's eating like a cow and being 150 pounds overweight that is causing 95% of your health problems. Not the carbs

dw I got you, the post is still up

Attached: making_grandpa_proud.jpg (1688x3000, 429.51K)

In the 40s, Hollywood stars had often killed themselves with fad diets, so the scientific consensus was not dieting but outlifting your bad diet. They had very active lifestyles and it seems to have worked.

Extremely bad by modern standards, for example meat consumption is at an all time low today.

and here's a collage with everything together

Attached: human_evolution.jpg (3000x2504, 486.19K)

No, it's dropped gradually for the last 20 years and is at about the same place it was in 1980. Before that meat consumption was WAY down because it was too expensive.

Only for beef

Attached: 1.png (850x463, 37.84K)

Total is down, at least in US/Canada. Although it's more likely that median consumption is the same, but vegetarianism is increased.

Attached: _105471775_consumption-nc.png (2666x1875, 254.76K)

WTF are you talking about?
Meat has always been a luxury only the rich could afford. Today it takes 2 weeks to grow 1 million chickens in a farm. Your grandpa would need 6 months to grow a couple of them at the same weight.
Prior industrial farms, meat was mostly consumed on special ocasions 4 or 5 times per year. The rest of the time it was very rare to have meat.

>Break the rules once in a while.
That's how you know it's bullshit. If you're rules have to be broken to make them sustainable, then they're worthless.

looks like he has autism.

His grandma tried to motivate him but he's just retarded... He's not even than bad looking if compared to most americans, only needs to eat less or do some cardio.

Attached: 1619700625160.png (700x655, 718.64K)

>absolute amounts
>not per capita
Retard alert.

Stop peddling this falsehood. In Europe and America animal foods have been affordable or accessible to the majority of people and consumed more than once a week for the last 500 years.

>4 or 5 times per year.
idk about this user. surely you could feed a pig scraps for several years and then make enough jerky from it to eat a little bit every so often for a long time