>during work hours
>0$ "Gym" fee
>no thots
>no retards around
>no one clogging machines
>no vaccines
>listen to podcasts
>wonder what stocks to invest my salary in this month
>Intermittent fasting: eat whatever the fuck i want.

Attached: images.jpg (191x264, 6.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PI45yUhUWgk
youtube.com/watch?v=up1-7i8OVDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

forgot to add:
>no showering
>i can train naked if i want
>i can smell like a bum if i want
>listen to whatever i want on speakers, no headphones
>no need to put a towel on the bench
>my weights are MINE, and nobody else can use them
>you go to the gym and pay poor faggot.

>0$ "Gym" fee
Unless you are an absolute bitch you will spend $900 on dumbells. A home gym based around dumbells under the guise of saving money is stupid.

Generally agree on the other points.

bullshit.
my chinese flat bench costs 65$
and my 2x17kg set probably costs...150$

Even i you end up spending 900$...thats having a gym forever...

and not dealing with roasties and other people.

Not op. I spent around 1200$ for
2 barbells
Squat rack
Small bench
2 wood plank for poorsman deadlift platform
45*4, 25*2, 10*2, 5*2, 2.5*2, on standard plates
2 dumbbells with swapeable weight
Something like 50lbs in dumbbells discs
Jumping rope
2" bar that I chained for pull ups

I'll be honest. Most of the stuff I bought 2nd hand on Craigslist, fb marketplace, yard sell, etc. I didn't bought it all at once, when you add it all, it might seem excessive but the comfort that you can go to the other room and exercise at whatever time you want, leave the plates wherever you want, don't use gas to drive 20 minutes to the gym, don't pay gym membership etc is really worth the 1200$. I'd say everything paid itself in 6-12 months

i mean we IT wagies get "free gym anywhere" cards that cost 15$ a month, but thats only us.

to the normal wagies, how much does GYM cost in america nowadays? like 35$ a month?

its such fucking bullshit dealing with going to the gym and even getting a vaccine for it, in 2022.
Imagine having to be around annoyng roasties while trying to be ZEN.

I went all out on my setup a couple years ago. Full rogue rack, bar, adjustable bench, pulley system, a shitload of pl8's and I just bought a set of 80lb adjustable nuobells. I'm still thinking of buying more shit so it keeps evolving and getting better. Altogether it was probably well over 5k but I have the money so fuck it. Completely worth it 1000%.
One fact that gets overlooked is the time saved not having to travel to and from the gym. I live out in the boondocks so that's huge for me.

Since we're on the subject, anyone have any tips for cooling a garage with no windows?
There's not much room anywhere for a split AC so I don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Attached: Traveler.jpg (750x1071, 416.33K)

>Since we're on the subject, anyone have any tips for cooling a garage with no windows?
>There's not much room anywhere for a split AC so I don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Since you say you have the money, check this video youtu.be/PI45yUhUWgk

put a fan in the garage, on the wall?
and have an icy drink?
I know BCAA+glutamine is a fucking meme which does almost nothing..but i fell for it.
And i love drinking it while working out, makes me feel like my muscles are always "energized" (i know its autistic)

You should make the place comfy anyway, like a wallpaper on the wall or something.

Anyway i remember going to the last gym and the bitch at the counter was like giving me attitude if i "forgot my gym shoes". it was a gym where you had to bring clean shoes.
And shes like rolling her eyes at me and telling me she wouldnt let me in next time.

and i was...a 30y old guy with an IT job and crypto investments.
I....should have fucking cut her fucking head off.
And she wasnt the only annoyance.

the shitty gym would have only one bench with a smith machine.
and there would be always some chubby slut trying to push the bar with her LEG, while you are waiting to do FUCKING BENCH.

That seems a bit excessive to be honest. I think at that point I'd rather just do a split A/C if the alternative is that complicated, ya know?
Also, I live in South Florida, so any underground shit is gonna be difficult, if not impossible.

I have multiple fans. The breeze is nice but like I said above, I'm in the humid swamp-heat of South Florida. It doesn't do anything to actually cool the garage other than blow the hot air everywhere.

But yeah, I'm in the process of making it comfier. I have my motorcycle and gun workbench and dry-fire target setup in there so it's like my little mancave. I got horse-stall matts, mirrors a nice digital clock and a couple flags so it's coming along nicely. I'm contemplating different Any Forums motivation pictures I might turn into posters to put all over the walls but idk if that's autistic or not. I was thinking shit like pic related and other similar ones all over the walls wherever there's room. I have a compilation of all my favorites written in my drawer.

Attached: Alexis Carrell.jpg (1920x1080, 414.31K)

Not him but,
I mix my own PWO and I put in beta-alanine solely because funny chemical make muscles feel fuzzy and go brrr
I know there's no real performance enhancement at the dosages I use, but I genuinely notice the difference in stats with/without
TLDR placebo good

trying to put a decent home gym together. What else do I need? Also any way for me to get below 1k? Looking to do compounds and isolated arm exercises

Attached: homegym.png (306x1591, 124.24K)

Either buy a cable pulley set, or make one yourself. They will be just about the same price, but the satisfaction from using something you made your self is so great: youtube.com/watch?v=up1-7i8OVDM

Attached: IMG_0793.jpg (810x1080, 197.29K)

And you can most likely get those floor protection tiles cheaper at your local home depot.

Attached: IMG_1238.jpg (1080x810, 215.38K)

>Tfw you go from dying after 5 minutes to doing 60 minutes in a steady pace

Attached: IMG_0820.jpg (810x1080, 296.64K)

I was literally about to write what this user said, so second these: Also, check a local tractor supply place for horse stall matts if you want to opt for those. They're expensive but that's the best place to find them for a reasonable price.

>>no thots

why are you gay user?

I'm most concerned with my hardwood floor though. I just put it in last year and don't want to ruin it. Anything that doesn't discolor it and can handle 140kg DL with bumper plates

why get dumbbells when kettlebells exist?

the money i spent on my dumbbells, i wish i bought kettlbells instead. I could sell dumbbells and rebuy KBs but it's such a bother

I was thinking
-incline db press
- chest flies
- triceps isolation
- biceps curls

If your home gym doesn't revolve around a barbell and a squat rack, then you are retarded. The only other thing you need outside of that is a kettlebell.

You can do that with kettlebells though. kettlebells offer more utility and other types of exercises.

I don't know, as a home gymer who focused on dumbbells initially (i live in a nyc area small apartment, a full bar set is cheaper but I don't have enough room), if I could go back I would get kettlebells.

and if I was really low on money, I would just get a set of 15 pound, 35 pound and 55 pound sets of kettlebells

I'm using the same type of plates you listed, and I'm currently doing 110kg diddies for reps on my floor. No marks, no discoloring. But I'm also considering getting some proper 2,5cm thick rubber matts too.

And you can do it naked

i agree but if you live in small NYC apartments or something like that, it isn't practical

*Floor plates