Do you Any Forumsizens eat beans?

Do you Any Forumsizens eat beans?
If you do, what is your bean of choice?
And do you buy them canned or dry?

Attached: ms_.jpg (780x581, 129.67K)

>dis nigga eatin' beans

Yes, for days and days now because they turned out so fucking good.

Pinto beans are my bean of "choice"; not due to taste, but due to price. Cheapest bean generally and goodenuf.

Recipe- Soak the fuckers for a day or two, change the water to get all the fart juice out. Drain, rinse, fill about 75% more water in "height" than the beans are at in the pot. No salt yet, just a bay leaf or so. Get yourself some fatty pork, preferably "country ham" which is a southern delicacy made for this. Fling the pork in the pot after it has simmered for a hour or two. Start introducing salt when the beans start to get tender.

Where I'm from, this is called "soup beans". Best eaten with some kraut, diced raw onions, hot sauce, and crumbled up cornbread in it.

When you're sick of it, cook the whole mess down, mush it up repeatedly with a wooden spoon when it gets low, and perhaps add some lard to the pan to help it "fry". These will be the best refried beans you've ever had.

You can thank me later.

What is the catch?

Attached: 10gg.jpg (1500x1000, 187.82K)

Eat some rice with beans to complete the protein. 1 5lb bag of dried pintos = 800g protein, very good survival food. Keep a bag in your car in case you ever break down somewhere remote.

they turn you gay

Yes, but the canned tend to have a fair amount of salt so look out for that. Making beans at home is easy, basically add salt and boil. You can soak overnight to reduce the cooking time. Dry and in bulk, they are cheap.

As for which kinds, we eat Pinto, Black, Navy, Kidney, Garbanzo and occasionally edamame, but I'm not a fan of those.

Fairly decent macros and nutritional value in most of them as well but more carbs than protein. We eat them 3-4 times a week.

Good luck.

Based. Been on a cannellini kick lately. I get them canned and throw them in stews. Pinto and black I’ll make from dry.

Beans are too high in carbs to be healthy

I try to avoid it because whenever I eat them I feel like shit and fart a lot. White people were not meant to eat beans. It's slave food.

That’s a meme faggot. Beans are a complete protein.

much thanks for the insights anons.
I'll try to start cooking them from dry cause I noticed that the canned has some additives.

I took a nutrition class in 2018 and the book said it's incomplete.

do beans really cause flatulence?
cause I regularly eat some "similar" stuff like peas and lentils and they don't give my any discomfort whatsoever

Attached: F2C50023-21AF-47EF-A1A6-A6656F1D8EF4.jpg (1125x744, 510.02K)

yeah but the dude did just call you a faggot, think I'm sticking with his statement

Attached: 1554794013763.jpg (1417x1417, 180.37K)

The bean skin is indigestible, and your gut flora might really rock out to all those unused carbs, causing farts in some. If you've ever heard of Beano pills, they're just packaged digestive enzymes that allow your stomach to use about 100% of the bean, alleviating the bean skin farts.

high in estrogen

Gave me a giggle at the xountry ham being a delicacy. I thought it was sold everywhere. If you follow this recipe, just make sure you rinse it thoroughly. Otherwise all you will taste is the copious amount of salt they use for it. Otherwise, country ham and pinto beans is amazing. Also really good in green beans and country ham

I buy them dry at Walmart, 20 lbs for $15. I cook them at high pressure in a instant pot for 20-25 min.

I love beans but try not to eat them much, they really aren't very good for you, just cheap and tasty.

I use the country ham to salt the beans, that is the trick. I don't rinse it, throw the ham in a hour in, use that sort of thing as a seasoning (I'll throw in some sliced smoked sausage at the end sometimes), and taste for salt a hour or more after adding the ham.

It is salty as fuck though. American prosciutto.

IIRC they don't sell it at all up north etc.

im from fucking Costa rica so yeah, i eat beans

Attached: 1638996505476.jpg (936x924, 128.02K)