Red Meat

does this shit actually give you cancer? why should i care about red meat anyway when i have better options like chicken and fish that have way more protein and are more calorie dense. What does Any Forums think about red meat?

Attached: [email protected] (360x270, 32.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cancerpreventionresearch.aacrjournals.org/content/4/2/177
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322361#benefits
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17855692/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9162304/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go
cghjournal.org/article/S1542-3565(18)30757-2/fulltextv/31397679/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i have been taking zantac my whole life and those were recalled in the entire country due to its cancer causing properties. you are definitely at a better position than i am if you are just talking about red meat

Literally everything gives you cancer according to these "studies".

red meat good.
cancer happens regardless.
>sun bad
>swimming bad
>eating pussy bad
>bigger weight bad
>genetics bad
>sex bad
>meat bad
do whatever. live life. be strong. eat big.

That's life.
Pick your poison and work with it.

Man figure out your lineage and eat how they ate

Pretty much the only thing "Dr." Sebbi was right about, it pretty much cured my acne stomach problems and to some extent my ADHD

all the clinical trials have shown no carcinogenic effect from red meat. the only cancer "link" is from weak association studies with tiny hazard ratios.

>study shows red meat in your diet causes cancer
>doesn't specifically state where the meat was sourced from
>just says red meat bad
>meanwhile most processed meat, ie sandwich meat and fast food, is garbage
If they differentiated or even elaborated on it, maybe it would make sense. But it's actually just garbage to get funding

>>study shows red meat in your diet causes cancer
there is no such study. only that red meat is associated with increased risk

this study addresses the red meat association with CRC (colo-rectal cancer):

the main problem seems to be heme iron, luckily its effects on the colon can be mitigated through including certain side dishes with red meat:
>Calcium salts, chlorophyll, vitamin C, and several polyphenols may reduce these deleterious effects of heme. Specific recommendations might be made, for example, “eat a yogurt after your steak.” Moreover, vitamins or polyphenols could be added during the curing process. Ascorbic acid is already added during the processing of processed meats specifically to inhibit the formation of volatile NOC in the meat (69). We expect that this will reduce the risk of CRC without losing the benefit and the pleasure of eating meat."

I'll never give up ribeyes, cancer, or no cancer.

disproven by clinical trial

whoops forgot study link, here it is:
cancerpreventionresearch.aacrjournals.org/content/4/2/177

Bruh there are people who smoke a pack of day for 60 years and don’t get cancer. If it happens it happens don’t worry about it.

>If it happens it happens don’t worry about it
ehhhh well there is a difference between having a fighting chance when starting treatment versus struggling to cling onto life once your treatment starts. you definitely want to be healthy when these things happen

But if you are looking for cancer and things as common as red meat then you’re fucked. If it bothers you that much make an effort to avoid cold lunch meat.

>does red meat give you cancer
You're made of it and saturated fats. Your teeth and digestive tract are designed to take it in. Your body has no immune reaction to it compared to other natural shit like the sun (melanin.) By logic there is no way it's killing you. What plant based diet shills try to push is grouping together red meat with processed meats (disgusting bullshit) and cured meat like bacon (sodium nitrate, known carcinogen) to push RED MEAT BAD.

The worst thing that can happen is an iron & zinc overload which is caused by only eating red muscle meat. The simplest solution is to eat the whole animal.

source? here is some more info to support my position:
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322361#benefits
>A study from 2005 found that natural chlorophyll reduced the risk of colon cancer in rats. The rats ate a diet high in red meat and low in green vegetables, which has associations with an increased risk of colon cancer. However, the authors did not see the same results for chlorophyllin.

yeah meat that we have been eating for thousands of years is really bad for you, I mean just look at the amount of health issues the indigenous people have, haha.

here you go goyim, take these pills and eat this sugary diet for your health. :^)

Attached: setpiece.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

not that specific mechanism but red meat effecting colon cancer risk does not seem to be validated by the PPT
> The Polyp Prevention Trial (PPT) was a multicenter randomized clinical trial to evaluate the effects of a high-fiber (18 g/1,000 kcal), high-fruit and -vegetable (3.5 servings/1,000 kcal), and low-fat (20% of total energy) diet on the recurrence of adenomatous polyps in the large bowel over a period of 4 years.
>There were no significant intervention-control group differences in the relative risk for recurrence of an advanced adenoma (1.06; 0.81-1.39) or multiple adenomas (0.92; 0.77-1.10).
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17855692/
If you still want to salvage the hypothesis that red meat increases CRC risk you could take the post hoc position the study authors did
>The 20% reduction in the consumption of red and processed meat among subjects in the PPT intervention group may have been too small to affect the risk of recurrence of adenomas.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9162304/
>The trial provides 90% power to detect a reduction of 24% in the annual adenoma recurrence rate.

Eat your leafy greens.
Get enough fruits and vegetables.
Stay away from refined sugar, PUFAs, and fast food.
Drink water.
Do cardio.
Stay the fuck away from deli/lunch meats.

You’ll be fine. Eat the chicken, lamb, beef, pork, fish, venison you like. Consume in moderation. If neither side of your family has history of cancer, you’ll be iight

>Eat your leafy greens.
>Get enough fruits and vegetables.
good for overall health and nutrition but doesnt seem to have any effect on CRC risk as shown by

interesting stuff, well another thing to consider is that foods with chlorophyll also typically have dietary fiber, and dietary fiber has shown to reduce risk of another colon condition called "diverticulitis." now diverticulitis isn't cancer, BUT it is an inflammatory condition and does raise the risk of colon cancer.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go
cghjournal.org/article/S1542-3565(18)30757-2/fulltextv/31397679/