Sup Any Forums I've asked this is a few QTDDTOT threads and didn't get a response so:

Sup Any Forums I've asked this is a few QTDDTOT threads and didn't get a response so:

>Need 1g protein per lb of bodyweight
>Need 200g protein each day
>The body can only process 25g protein every 2 hours
>Need to consume 25g protein 8 times a day

Surely that's not right.

Attached: https___prod.static9.net.au___media_Network_Images_2017_02_13_12_44_170213coach_protein_shake[1].jpg (600x338, 24.32K)

why do you think that is correct
>source

Attached: 134864684986.png (600x800, 49.29K)

Bro come on no-one believes that, it's just their way of shilling products and getting clicks for "cool insider info". Just have 3 meals and maybe a protein snack. A single chicken breast has over 50g protein are you saying you'd eat half and half later? RETARD I eat 2 thats 100g+ RETARD every day CUNT

From a cursory Google:
>Controversy exists about the maximum amount of protein that can be utilized for lean tissue-building purposes in a single meal for those involved in regimented resistance training. It has been proposed that muscle protein synthesis is maximized in young adults with an intake of ~20–25 g of a high-quality protein; anything above this amount is believed to be oxidized for energy or transaminated to form urea and other organic acids.

>"Skeletal muscle protein synthesis is maximized by 25 to 35 grams of high-quality protein during a meal," says Doug Paddon-Jones, Ph.D.

>In one study, 34 subjects of varying ages were given servings of lean meat providing either 30 or 90 grams of protein.1 One group received a serving of 113 grams of meat, providing 220 calories. The other group were served 340 grams of meat, providing 660 calories.
>Mixed muscle fractional synthesis rate was calculated for 5 hours following the meal. Both the small and the large meal increased muscle protein synthesis approximately 50%. Regardless of age, 30 grams of protein stimulated muscle protein synthesis just as much as 90 grams.

If someone wants to post actual science and not basedface let me know

It's too early for Australians to be awake

Doesn't this imply and 30g is optimal and not 15g like OP posted?

Sounds like 25g is the most optimal. The last study only shows that 30 and 90 grams both lead to the same amount of protein synthesis, that doesn't mean 30 is the ceiling.

>20-25g is optimal
>25-35g is optimal
>30g=90g
Where do yo uget 25 is optimal unless you only read the first one?

It doesn't matter

You don't

You just need a ton of healthy carbs and tren

If you don't roid probably don't need that proton

Oh, I'm OP. I'm just basing 25 on what I've read elsewhere. I'm worried it might be as low as 20. Nobody seems to be able to prove otherwise. I guess I'm just gonna have lots of small meals a day supplemented with shakes. Gonna be fucking hard when I'm not working from home.

Ah, I've always seen people say 30g.

Not sourcing anything for this, but I can’t imagine that eating more than, let’s assume 30 grams, would cause any amount after that to be entirely wasted. There’s just no bodily function where synthesis of a chemical turns OFF after some set amount. I’d guess that there’s an optimal protein synthesis efficiency rate that hovers around 30 grams per meal, assuming that it takes around 3 hour to digest as your liver can process about 8-10 grams per hour.

So if you had 50 grams of protein, 30 grams would synthesize at like 90% efficacy, 10 grams at 75% efficacy, and 10 grams at 50% efficacy. So really you’d get 39.5 grams of protein through the synthesis process. Again, not referencing a study, just inferring from the fact that biological processes aren’t binary and are probably better understood like moving efficiency bands for the example.

Any medfags have anything substantive of this?

Is evolution this retarded? Were our ancestors supposed to have six comfy meals a day while watching Flintstones? Makes no sense

How high should I be able to jump without bending my knees? Seems like I can only get 8 or so inches off the ground.

if your career / future depends on your body, then go for it, if not then it doesn't fucking matter.

You dont even need to get 200g, 120-150g would do. Minmaxing muscle growth will only give you like a 5-10% increase, which would be significant if you were competing, but will not matter a single bit aesthetically.

>his ancestors didn’t hunt cookies and cream Gold Standard tubs with spears and nets

What a fag

>Minmaxing muscle growth will only give you like a 5-10% increase
Fucking source for this claim bro ???

Don't just pull shit out of your ass. I'm trying to grow muscle. I want to know the best way to do that. It sounds like doing 2x protein shake + 4-5 meals a day is the way to do that. I was just hoping someone from Any Forums could tell me definitively.

exercise, healthy diet, sleep

maximize these, then worry about excessive protein intake

>Controversy exists
>says Doug Paddon-Jones
>34 subjects
Wow, great science. I'm convinced.

there is no high quality science backing up when to eat meals or protein timing.

As far as amount, .8 g/kg is recommended, with amounts exceeding that having diminishing returns, but everyone is different