Can vegans explain to me why I shouldn't eat animals of a lower consciousness than my own?

Can vegans explain to me why I shouldn't eat animals of a lower consciousness than my own?

Attached: food time.gif (479x505, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/cancer-carcinogenicity-of-the-consumption-of-red-meat-and-processed-meat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ketoschizo is awake, post fatties

Attached: _Satiety Index 1.png (1008x1718, 967.34K)

Yes. Their consciousness (and thus moral value) is in fact likely lower than yours. However, that does not mean it is so insignificant to the point that it is okay to pay for them to be confined, tortured, and murdered.
They do in fact:
>feel pain
>feel joy
>have a capacity for depression and trauma
>have a capacity for wellbeing and happiness

They are less intelligent, yes, that doesn't mean they aren't sentient.
Would you find it okay to kill and consume a retarded human? One with the same intelligence as a pig or cow?

Probably not. Fear not, meat and animal products are completely unnecessary and there are wholly satisfying vegan foods and plenty of options.

Some fun facts I've learned as a vegan:
>extra firm (typical) tofu is twice as protein dense per calorie than whole eggs, and is more protein dense than even ground turkey and salmon.
>plant foods are thousands of times higher in antioxidants than animal products and protect against cancer, meanwhile animal products like processed meat and red meat are linked to cancer.
>There are THOUSANDS of plant foods, including tasty vegan alternatives to animal products. Vegan cheeses, meat of many kinds, plant milks, plant buttery spreads.

It's easy, it's satisfying, it's more ethical, it's better for the planet, animals and you.

Take care

Uh oh
Faggot alert

>Would you find it okay to kill and consume a retarded human? One with the same intelligence as a pig or cow?
Do not ask questions you don't want the answers to.

Attached: 1597682602498.png (1000x1000, 50.93K)

Not vegan but I feel for them
I have pet chickens and a potbelly pig in our farm I love them but I love how they taste more

Attached: 1643319786245.gif (425x425, 2M)

“Protein dense per calorie”
“Animal products linked to cancer”
Yeah you are a retard bud.
Veganiam is an ‘ethical’ dietary choice, leave it at that.
Stop fucking misleading people via shitty pseudo-scientific factoids.

>meanwhile animal products like processed meat and red meat are linked to cancer
Take processed meat out of the equation and this shit goes away, including red meat. Get high quality shit and it's a nutritious source of protein
>>tofu is twice as protein dense per calorie than whole eggs
Not per gram like literally everytime something is being measured in nutrition, kys

>pseudo-scientific factoids

>>red meat and processed meat are cancerous as per the world health org
who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/cancer-carcinogenicity-of-the-consumption-of-red-meat-and-processed-meat

>>protein dense per calorie

100 calories tofu = 12 grams protein
100 calories whole egg = 6.2 grams protein
stats taken from cronometer/nccdb

The so called risk cancer increase is so small that it's within the margin of error. Contrast it with regular cigarette smoking which increases the risk by 4000%
>100 calories tofu = 12 grams protein
>100 calories whole egg = 6.2 grams protein
Are you intentionally deceptive or are you not familiar with bio-availability?

tell me which vegan cheeses are not mostly seed oils. I like them and think they taste decent, but the first ingredient is always either sunflower oil or rapeseed oil

You dumb cunt, density per calorie is a distraction from Protein per Gram (of substance), fucking no one measures protein quality by protein per kcal. Plus you ignored the other guy about bioavailability so I can safely assume your only goal is to mislead.

nut cheeses such as ones with a cashew base

do I make them myself? do supermarkets stock them?

You cant avoid vile processed garbage in vegan “cheese”. so no.

shut up and read "Dominion : the power of man, the suffering of animals, and the call to mercy" you fucking fake moralist

>cares about what australia and other shit countries do to animals in slaughterhouses
America doesn't do that you retard. Keep coping.

>>cares about what australia and other shit countries do to animals in slaughterhouses
>America doesn't do that you retard. Keep coping.
what does australia have to do with anything faggot

Based
Fuck Auzzies

Rewatch dominion and see what countries they're talking about retard. 90% of the tortured animal footage comes from australia.

>you aren't vegan like Ryback

NGMI

Attached: ccelebritiesSPORT-PREVIEW-Ryback.jpg (1550x1077, 121.88K)