How many Pull Ups can the Average Men and Women (Non-Gymgoers) do?

How many Pull Ups can the Average Men and Women (Non-Gymgoers) do?

Attached: images (5).jpg (640x480, 20.31K)

Men: 1

Women: 0

And frankly I am being generous in my estimate.

Even at the gym I hardly ever see people doing unassisted pull-ups, and even when I do they don't even do full reps.

I can do like 15 Pull Ups in a row?
Is it considered a decent number?

I'm a 5'8 Manlet and weight like 155 lbs though, but I also can do Weighted Pull Ups and Chin Ups (with 55 extra lbs) for like 5 or 6 reps with good form if I push myself

Attached: E1SOvdLVUAAMgpz.jpg (800x1280, 620.47K)

depends if it's a fat dyel or skinny dyel, skinny dyel male might be able to get a few out? fat dyel obviously 0

average man 0
average man 18-30 1
median for 18-30 0

yes

I don't think you would be considered strong in a powerlifter way but doing 15 pull ups is an indicator than you are in good physical shape and not everyone can do Weighted Pull Ups

That's definitely above average, but it's not something really impressive.

I am the only person in my gym I've ever seen doing un-assisted pullups. I'm the only person also who adds weight.

I have seen a few people who at least look like they can do lat pulldowns of their own bodyweight. Not sure why nobody ever actually does pullups though.

Attached: 1620800608617.jpg (1080x1050, 82.28K)

i think about 2, when i started exercising again at 16, that was how much i could do.

It's decent

Is the only way to raise your pull up count to do pull-ups regularly, or are there other exercises that would be useful in raising it, or even working up to being able to do a single pull-up?

I've always been able to do multiple pull-ups even when untrained.
But I've never been able to do more than 10 in a row, even after training with weights.

Attached: 1643500748174.png (447x590, 639.01K)

Rows/inverted rows definitely help, but the best way to work up to pull-ups is doing negatives. What I do for chin-ups when I can't do them anymore is jump to the highest position, hold for 5-10s, slowly lower down to arms at 90°, hold, lower to 120°, hold, down to deadhang and hold

The average woman can do about 8
The average man can do about 21

I can only do 6 but I blame it on my large cock

My twin can do one with very poor form and he weighs 60kg at 5'8.
I'm 80kg at 5'8 and I can do 11 deadhang pullups in a row.

average person on the street can probably do like, 1
alot of people can't do 2, or they do 1 with bad form, or they can't get chin above the bar at all

>Is it considered a decent number?
relative to what? general population? phenomenal. people who do pull ups regularly? good but definitely attainable in a reasonable time especially if you're that light of a weight

I go to a climbing gym
seems like everyone is doing 10+ for multiple sets and generally good form
some people do one arm
I've seen a finite amount of people doing fingertip pull ups on the hangboard/olympic rings

Average people can do flat out 0.
Maybe 1 if they have done something physical in their lives. People severely underestimate how incredibly weak the average untrained person is.
Funny thing about pullups is that they're ridiculously easy to train once you get them going even a bit.
But if you have never really trained them, you won't be able to do them worth shit.