If these cause more doms than squats it means they’re better for gains am I right?

If these cause more doms than squats it means they’re better for gains am I right?

Attached: 6E8561AA-EA92-4EFE-B89D-7CD1FE45E30F.jpg (1582x1000, 102.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-leg-glute-and-calf-exercises/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They don't and even if they did it doesn't.
DOMS is not indicative of gains.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Mike Israetel talks about stimulus to fatigue ratio - maybe look into that

This is actually and unironically the most retarded exercise I've ever encountered. It has no notable benefits and requires awkward and specific positioning.

Just do any machine with single leg quad isolation and you get much more.

>single leg leg press
>single leg extensions
>or how about just working both quads at once

>It has no notable benefits and requires awkward and specific positioning.

Attached: 1610891949759.jpg (200x303, 18.01K)

post legs lmfao

Pistol squat is better in every way for individual quad and glute isolation. It’s also plainly more impressive. I’m working on getting these reliably now. Current plan is to just do 5x10 sets of them on those plastic adjustable plyo benches, reducing height each time.

You don't lift.

>he still thinks DOMS = gainz
NGMI

Try these

Attached: 4BA00944-0D0E-4634-A4EB-E1E26D72CDDC.jpg (600x400, 32.92K)

I have a 475 squat and 515 deadlift at 175 lbs
You, in fact, are the liftlet.

Most exercises are gimmicky nonsense, this is one of them.

If you're too tall, or just hate doing barbell squats, just go use a V-Squat or a Leg Press Machine. This shit isn't rocket science.

I lost interest in these because of Ben Bruno who used to write for T-Nation years ago.
I was watching his videos one day, where he explained that he only did Bulgarian split squats and other single-leg variations because MUH BAD BACK, he was strong as shit on them and was doing 300+ lbs. added weight, but he still had (has) chicken legs and these obviously didn't do shit for him but make him stronger at those lifts.
After that, I said fuck that garbage and never tried them again. What's the point of having pet lifts to impress people if they have no carryover and don't actually help your legs grow?

You, in fact, are a faggot

I don't actually "do" those, I only use them to warm up and stretch, but your assessment of the exercise is as gay and retarded as you are, 100%.

durr pos leg lmfdo

Good exercise and easy on the knees/back.
You can vary the tempo, foot position and back angles.
It puts you in a weighted stretch which probably gives the DOMS

Love pistols but better in everyway for quad/Glute isolation I’m not too sure.
The success of a pistol is primarily dictated by flexibility & balance it seems.
They’re a great skill to have in ones back pocket but if the goal is purely muscular development & you’re not limited by equipment then there’s many, many superior options (like things with weight that primarily tax the muscle tissue rather than skill).

This is the most brutal exercise

I do split squat (not bulgarian) due to a 20% strength imbalance between legs due to hurdling for several years.

Hurdle on my dick, baby

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-leg-glute-and-calf-exercises/

Not a lot of actual EMG studies exist but this shows better glute, abductor, and slightly better hamstring activation in split stance. Bilateral is better for quads.

Obviously you get better activation at much lower weight in a split stance because you shift more weight to your working leg. This can be good for a bad back or for sparing the back to train deads.

That said, the Bulgarian seems like overkill. Much more of a pain to set up, much harder to keep good form, and a legit risk of tipping holding you back. A regular split squat has the same benefits and less problems.

Anecdotally I always get DOMs for glutes and abductors when I go back to these.

There isn't any reason why unilateral leg work should effect hypertrophy much.

Yeah, and Rich Piana had fuck huge legs and recommended 20 reps with 135 and 20 bodyweight squats for 3 as a "killer leg workout." Size had a lot to do with genetics/drugs. Provided you train enough to grow and don't go crazy I don't think the exercise type matters much, particularly if it's a squat pattern vs another squat pattern in a different stance.