Protein bar thread

>actually have a look at protein bars' nutritional info
>the majority have protein as the lowest macro by weight
>the rest have it as the lowest macro by energy
>pic related was the only one with a significant portion of protein
I can literally buy protein BREAD that has better macros than the majority of protein bars sold at the shop. How the fuck are they allowed to advertise as protein bars with these macros?
Also post favourite protein bars

Attached: I have never tried these but will soon.png (600x600, 355.39K)

>nutritional/health foods and supplements are mostly scams
Same reason the rest of the bs can remain on store shelves, OP, because it's a completely unregulated market and even if it was regulated, the guys doing the regulating are guaranteed to be retards.

check'd, your correct protein bars are shit. i prefer food.

I see them as a better alternative to a chocolate bar, a treat to be consumed very occasionally.

If I need a quick boost of protein I will drunk a protein shake or eat greek yoghurt. Protrin bars are not meant to be an integral part of your diet.

I agree. Whiting fillets > canned tuna in springwater > chicken > WPC but I wanted to have something sweet (other than powder) in the pantry as an after dinner treat on special occasions.

Yeah exactly the use I wanted but still shocked at how bad their macros are.

bread with seeds have much more protein than these jewish faggot bars lmao

t. jewish faggot

the lab nutrition 90gr i just bought a box of...have onions lecithin and palm oil.

two of the ingredients i definitely want to avoid like the plague.
and im paying like 2$ per bar.
im going to kill them.

>90gr
Which country is using grains as a measurement?

Thats what you get for buying a glorified chocolate bar

>glorified
These ones are literally chocolate bars though.
>milk chocolate brownie flavour
They still managed to be 71% protein

These actually taste good. They're not meal replacements, they're candy/snack replacements.

This thread was made by MUSASHI Inc.

Most of the “”””protein”””” bars I saw had absolutely shitty ingredients, Sometimes even incomplete amino acid profile. I used to have one in my backpack when I went hiking for the whole day but I quit buying them. Realized I am better off with homemade jerky (pic related).

Attached: 19D98E6B-00BF-450B-BF64-61D7375126F3.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

these are great, the only problem is that they're expensive as hell.

theyre tasty dont be a fag

Attached: 1354988254288.jpg (219x400, 45.21K)

is there any bread that isn't jew poison? I love pumpkin seed bread but seems like everything has sugar in it now>im going to kill them

good

nice, how do you make it

Everyone can make it, it’s pretty simple. I bought lean brisket (more like the chest piece) from my farmer friend, he trims the fat so it’s always nice and ready to go. Pic related. It’s also pretty cheap (at least here). I put it in the freezer for 30-40 minutes to make it firmer and then slice it like 3-5mm thick and bash each slice with meat mallet to tenderize it. Then you can marinate the meat. I usually use lots of black pepper, chilli flakes, garlic powder, salt and a splash of either fish sauce or worcestershire sauce. Cover and marinate for up to 24 hours. Then you take it out and dry it preferably in dehydrator. I used an oven set to 60C for around 6-7 hours woth the door slightly opened so the moisture can escape while it’s drying.

Attached: AA139D4B-8229-4FA9-BADA-02FD671B17CA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

Pic rel. This is how I dried it in the oven. Pierced the meat slices with wooden skewer and used the oven rack as a holder. Put a baking sheet with aluminium foil on the bottom so the juice can drop on it, makes cleaning easier. Regarding the marinade, you can google shitload of recipes but lots of them contain liquid smoke and/or brown sugar which I am not a big fan of so feel free to make your own.

Attached: 79C4A048-B923-4FF5-8E63-99AB09A5389E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

For me it's biltong.

Attached: manna from saffa.png (940x666, 995.58K)