What's easier? 1 Plate overhead or 2 Plate bench

What's easier? 1 Plate overhead or 2 Plate bench.

Attached: 0220131_104529193.jpg (1920x1849, 387.23K)

Both not hard? Anecdotally, I hit 1 plate OHP first, and was maybe ~160 on OHP when I hit 225 bench.

1pl8 is easier
most people stall out around 200 on bench

... but both are more than feasible to get within 1 year
t. hit both, starting at 140 lbs

1pl8 OHP is easier to achieve but harder to progress on after that point. Opposite with bench

1PL8OHP is easier, but way fewer people train it so in any corporate gym there's probably twice as many people who can bench 2 plates than there are who can press 1.

1plate overhead is far easier

Better comparison is 2 pl8 OHP vs 3 pl8 bench.

Not op but I press dumbells, 60 lb ohp 75 lb chest press. Barbell exercises kick my ass, I can barely do the same weight even with the bar helping stabilize. Will this correct quickly or am I in for a long slog from 160 lb to 225 bench?

Well I trained both all year and got them in the same week.
Since they're both push exercises, if you train one you'll get better with the other.

>Barbell exercises kick my ass, I can barely do the same weight even with the bar helping stabilize
You're just not used to the slight differences in movement patterns. You'll get used to it pretty quickly

>Opposite with bench
Lol no. You're not gonna progress faster on the bench after 2plates. It gets slower after 2plates, and grinds hard after 3.

2pl bench for me but only cos I have no rack and have to clean n press.

I hit 1 pl8 ohp before my 2pl8 bench

My experience also

About the same for me.

Weakling...

I do 5 pl8 overhead press, 3x8 and 8 pl8 incline bench 3x6

Does short arms help with overhead press? Like if 2 newbies were just starting and equally strong would the one with shorter arms potentially have an easier time with ohp and the longer arms have an easier time with deadlift?

2pl8 OHP is much harder, comparable to ~3.5pl8 bench

No you dont.

Depends on the person. I have huge shoulders. Im at 3.5 pl8 bench but I also OHP 245 lbs.

I can OHP 1 plate for 1-2 reps but I can only bench 1.5 plate for like 5-6 reps.

I couldn't do 225 standing as a 455 bencher

I could seated press it for 10 but fuck the standing meme

i got 155x4 clean reps OHP last week, literally no leg drive. Still around 205 bench. I have done 185 5x5 on incline bench and only 185 5x7 on flat. Maybe my shoulders are way stronger than my chest?

OHP because you can just do a push press and no one will call bullshit

my experience as well