Tricep extensions

What's the best way to do these? Cable, ez bar, one dumbbell, pair of dumbbells?

Attached: seated-tricep-press.png (741x463, 93.89K)

i barely feel it in my triceps when i do these

Diamond pushups or tricept pulldowns best

Those suck, and are terrible for your elbows. Do skullcrushers instead. And dumbell skull crushers too. Those along with close grip bench and dips are all you need for tris

>checked
My favourite/feel the most are lying tricep extensions with an ez curl bar, overhead tricep extensions with rope attachment, tricep pushdown with rope attachment. I rotate between these 3

Cable pushdown with rope attachment for me. Machine works in a pinch

Lie down

For overhead tri extensions, I like a single dumbbell if I’m really going for the stretch, but I really like it with a barbell to do a superset of btn oh tri extension to ohp with the same weight.

>Cable
i broke my cable machine trying to do tricep extensions with it

Attached: IMG_20220124_145339.jpg (4032x2268, 2.16M)

i do them on rings

one dumbbell how Ronnie used to
that's what gave me my tricep gains
plus doing a form of cable pushdowns that work the longhead too to work different positions of flexion

I like using one dumbbell with one hand lightly guiding/supporting the other to maintain form

Why are they bad for your elbows?

This, cable pushdowns give me burns like nothing else. No matter which attachment.

>do handstand on rings
>curl at the elbow till body is lying horizontally (forearms should still be vertically upright)
>straighten arms to return to handstand position holding the rings
8-12 reps

cuz he's a nigger that doesn't rest adequatelly. olympic weightlifters mainly use overhead tricep extensions. they're a great accessory for developing the lateral head, and thus improving overhead pressing.

Honestly, do all of them, and with varying weights and rep ranges. Only way to be sure you’re hitting them properly.

Tell me more about Diamond pushups
I do know about them ofc, I just never added them consistently in my workouts
My triceps are shit and I don't feel tri extensions so I'm in search of good exercises
Bodyweight is awesome since I just superset it between squat or DL sets

i prefer single dumbell

Low weight, bad muscle connection (doing the exercise wrong) or try higher reps (20+).

you do them in horizontal position dumbass

i thought the long head was stretched when you do overhead because it crosses 2 joints while the lateral crosses one

I dont think OPs pic or things like bench tricep dips are bad, i think they need very strict form and tend to lead to injuries because of this.

I think there are only a couple of really good and safe tricep exercises
>tricep pushdown (rope > curved bar > bar)
>diamond pushups (some cant do this because of wrist mobility tho)
>Skullcrushers + close grip bench superset (Can be normal or ez bar, depending on your mobility)

Also tricep kickbacks despite being viewed as a meme exercise are great if combined with any of these into a superset on the end