Can I actually get swole from doing nothing but swinging one of these around every day, or is it a meme?

Can I actually get swole from doing nothing but swinging one of these around every day, or is it a meme?

Attached: 16kg-kettlebell.jpg (1321x1409, 66.43K)

>can you get swole by working out
no idea desu

if it was that simple most of the bodybuilding world wouldn't spend half of their time getting up in arms about how their routines are superior.

I don't have anymore space on my barbell so I tie kettlebells to it.

>can I get swole by doing cardio
That’s what you just asked.

It is 100% a meme, especially when it's paired up with "muh functional training"

but technically it's weight lifting in the form of bodyweight exercises with added weight.

You can get to ottermode (and perhaps athletic mode) by using a kettlebell and doing pullups (dips are also a nice option to consider).
You will need to squat, snatch, and clean and press your kettlebell as well, though. Swings alone won’t cut it.
It won’t make you bodybuilding huge.

If you're using momentum and not your muscles almost exclusively to move the weight around (which is not necessarily lifting it) then it's not weightlifting.

Uhh, what?
Nah. It’s extremely high reps with relatively low weight. It’s cardio. You will make 0 gains apart from in your heart by doing kettlebells.

Attached: C0C41563-647C-4840-AB8E-DD9B4B9FB563.png (699x504, 478.01K)

>do 500 swings with a 40 kg kettlebell
>nah bro nothing will happen
Really, nigga?

In your case no but theoretically yes. Rep ranges for strength and size gains are are 1-20 (ideally 3-10 but whatever), you must pursue progressive overload, you must recover and have healthy lifestyle. Im stuck in my apartment because my free on-post gym is temp closed. I don't care because I have a 35, 50, and 65 lb KB. With these I can do OHP, swings, lunges, split squats, and awkward floor presses. As long as its challenging and you slowly make it harder by adding reps (within the range) or wright you will gain.

A single 30lb KB that you do 100 swings with is not gains, its cardio. Read the sticky. See the American College of sports medicines position papers on their site for more info.

You aren’t doing 500 swings with a 40kg kettlebell lmao fucking retard. Best kettlebell is 16kg and like I already said, it’s only good for HIIT cardio. Pic related is the DYEL king of kettlebells and you can mog him with 1 year of barbell training.

Attached: 1A06CCA5-2AB2-47BE-8F35-607F9CEDB087.jpg (576x416, 42.73K)

You'll make cardiovascular and endurance gains with a little bit of muscle.
As said. You can definitely get to ottermode with them. If you're more technical with your routine maybe even athletic mode, but not built mode.

Here not guy ur talking to
Only a baby will get bigger with light KB swings and only a little at that before he starts stalling. You can argue but not gonna read bye

Well sure you could do a bog standard free weights routine with heavyweight kettlebells, that's a given, but KB swings seem to be touted as something you can get away with doing to cover a full body workout in place of doing a full routine, which sounded too good to be true to me.

>bro only use a 20 kg barbell never add weight
you smug fucking retard. even though pavel is nothing but an entry level dude when it comes to kettlebells, why don’t you post body and see who mogs who, fat fuck

Nobody ever said that retard. Kettlebells are for cardio only. It’s a slavshit invention that is inferior to the dumbbell as it is poorly balanced. If you want to gain size, train with dumbbells or barbells. Faggot bitch

>B-but muh functional t-training

Attached: 1640721644523.gif (270x175, 1.78M)

No progressive overload, no gains. Sorry bro

Attached: 3a5522b269b42173.jpg (2000x2667, 495.65K)

how you work out is the important part.
if you swing it around like a sperg you won't get swole.
if you swing it around in the right ways, strain the right muscles, you will get swole.
simple as.