My back is crazy fucked up...where do I even start?

I can't bend over with a straight back.

Please view pictures: imgur.com/a/oaqxy19

I never have been able to in over 10 years, 5 years in the gym. 183cm so not that tall

What do? I quit deadlifting for ages as I know my back is bent in half and no matter how much I push out the chest and pull back the lats it just doesn't work. IF my lats go back any further I can't reach the bar.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-01-30-16h40m04s961.jpg (3840x2160, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BXieX15jIML/
imgur.com/a/oaqxy19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The problem is not just deadlifting but any kind of bending

Attached: whatthefuckmanerr.jpg (2160x3840, 1.55M)

can you do good mornings or back extensions?

Never tried good mornings. I can do back extensions with a plate, it use to be 20 kilos or so, I use the hamstrings A LOT in that exercise though

I foam roll my back and extend it back every day. I stretch every day. I do back first every workout, BUT this hunk of shit just won't stay straight. I obsess over this for not a single result.

Have you seen a doctor about it? Not a doctor but looks like some form of kyphosis.

Doctor -> Physio -> Chiro is the order I would go in

Yeah I am probably going to have to go to a doctor

your glutes should be lower
if you lack the hip/hamstring mobility, you can't lower you butt enough
In that pic it's pretty visible, with your glutes in that position, a straight back would put your shoulders too high to reach the bar
same for, there' s no way on earth your back can be straight and your arms reach the plate with yu glutes so high.
A mix of bad habits and lack of mobility to me, practice squatting ass to grass with no weight, aim for "sitting" on your calves, back straight

you literally just have kyphosis. its not that big of a deal. it looks hideous, yes, but its not going to hurt you

look at this guy: instagram.com/p/BXieX15jIML/
he has kyphosis too. it looks ugly as fuck but its just the way your spine is shaped

>instagram.com/p/BXieX15jIML/
Is there any specific stretches I could try? I don't currently squat low due to mobility issues and you're spot on about that, I can't squat low as I fall forward.

I had the same, couldn't stop my back from rounding, I'm guessing it's a matter of proportions, if you have long legs, your starting postion will be parallel squat, maybe even lower
Falling forward is also linked to ankle mobility, once your ankle is bent forward as far as it can go, the heel has to leave the ground for your shins to go futher
I stratch before working, classic hands to ground and splits. Squat specific, as I said practice squatiing without weight, get don as far as you canwith flat feet and stay, kinda move around in the pocket. Do the same with an empty bar, front loaded, front squat is dones with feet wider, allows to sit down "between" your hips. Front squatting helped a lot in my case

I heard upper back rounding on deadlifts is not a big deal. You should be worried if your lower back rounds

If you can do good mornings without any pain I wouldn't worry about the rounding in your back.

As for using hamstrings a lot in back extensions, that's not a big deal. If you want more glute activation bring the weight closer to your belly button and point your toes out (and intentionally round your shoulders). If you want more spinal erectors/lower back, raise the pad on your thighs but keep your shoulders in their natural position.

For your deadlift it honestly doesn't look bad. Like said, upper back rounding isn't a problem. It's when you lose tightness in your lower back mid pull where you risk injury in the deadlift. The thoracic spine is supposed to curve outwards, but the lumbar is not, your thoracic might just curve more than other people or you could have big traps. Take a video from the side when you deadlift to check, but from the picture your lumbar position seems fine. The only correction I would give you is to move your shoulders slightly forward a bit more past the bar to see if that helps any with activating your lats.

are you a powerlifter? If not then do rack pulls instead

>I quit deadlifting for ages as I know my back is bent
Smart man. It's a hip mobility issue. I tried to keep doing deadlifts in the gym when I didn't have enough mobility to do bent over barbell rows or the t-bar machine rows. This was before the pandemic. I ended up trying to do some calisthenic movements at home and got stuck in progress because I couldn't reach my toes. Now I can even with a slight deficit.

Toe reaches are a more of a hamstring mobility fix though. Look up hip mobility routines on youtube. I'm sure anyone can work on mobility. I went from not being able to do bent over rows to making romanian deadlifts and stiff leg deadlifts my staple hip hinge movements.

Your back looks just fine here. It's fine to have some back rounding, but make sure you don't load your spine.
Also foam rolling may help.

Attached: Ug9t3Sq.jpg (2160x3840, 1.4M)

Try sumo deadlifting.

>imgur.com/a/oaqxy19

So that does actually help, but I can't pull near as much for some reason

Sumo deadlift is hamstring and glute heavy vs back heavy

What a shit bunch of photos. I broke my back to the point where they were considering fusing L1-L5. I rejected that due to the the massive decrease in mobility. With physio and plenty of stretching and strengthening my core. My back is almost as good as it was prior besides some.minor scoliosis. Broken 5 of the muscle stabilisers of my vertebrae