Chicken Breasts

How do you make these motherfuckers taste good and not dry?

Attached: images (13).jpg (554x554, 36.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/article/velveting-chicken-will-make-your-stir-fry-taste-so-much-better/
specialtyfood.com/products/product/46215/iliada-extra-virgin-olive-oil-organic-kalamata-pdo/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy chicken thighs

fpbp

spbp

velvet and stir fry them

This
Breasts are a waste of time, expensive and taste like shit
>b-but muh fats from the thigh/drumstick/wings
Literally does not matter unless you were eating a 1kg of chicken a day

>taste good
use some kind of chipotle powder
>dry
buttfly that bitch and grill it

based

Cut up. Mix with seasoning and a tiny amount of oil, then cook in casserole with lid on for about 30 mins, then 10 mins with lid off.

Get used to it being dry. It's not that bad. My brain is now trained to like it. When I have chicken cooked "properly" now it feels like it has a slimy texture that I don't like.

I prep about 10lbs at a time, which lasts my whole family the week
>cut into 1inch cubes(not precise at all)
>add a bunch of olive oil
1 tablespoon of:
>salt
>pepper
>garlic salt
>garlic powder
>onion powder
>adobo
>rosemary
>oregano
>fry up approx. 1lb at a time in a wok
Takes about an hour, tastes great and cheap as shit.

cut it in half and marinate it in vinaigrette

Garlic, pepper, salt.
If you don't like it dry, why are you buying chicken breast? Get another cut.

Sear them 2 minutes on each side, high heat, with a bit of olive oil.
Cover the pan and lower the heat. At least 8 minutes on each side. Add a drop of water in the pan to make it more moist if you're afraid they'll be dry.

DO NOT USE A FORK TO FLIP THEM, USE TONGS not to pierce them.

To make sure they're fully cooked, stick a thermometer in the thickest part, should be 74°C/165°F

Meat thermometer, take them off the heat a little before they reach 165F in the middle, cover them a couple minutes.

i find thighs to be greasier, maybe it's just the quality of the meat when i bought it and i got a shit bird

ITT anons who don't know how to /brine/ chicken.

Closest winner.

ill take it!

I usually mince them and cook with garlic and ginger

air fryer

Worst way to cook any meat

Brine them retard. Or this

marinade them

Everyone's a retard. Season with salt, pepper, and whatever else you want. Dust the breast with flour after you've added the seasoning you like. Throw in a pan on medium high heat, like 6 or 7. Cook 4 minutes per side, 5 if it's a really thick breast (use a tenderizer to make the breast uniform). When the meat thermometer says 165 in the thickest part of the breast, it's ready to eat. It'll be delicious and juicy. you're welcome retard

rub them down with olive oil and spices of choice, then roast them. or,

cut them up, sear with olive oil, put in frozen peppers and onions when they're cooked a bit, add sesame oil. Pour on teriyaki sauce. Cook until done. Pour over rice

Use your seasoning of choice on breast.
Wrap breast semi-tight in tin foil. This locks the moisture in and prevents it drying out.
Roast @ 200celsius for 20 minutes

You can even season and wrap them in foil + freeze them and then cook them direct from frozen. Just cook for 35 minutes from frozen instead of 20mins.
If you like shredded chicken, roast the wrapped breast for 80 minutes at 120 Celsius. Then open the foil and using two forks you can shred the meat to ribbons in seconds.

marinate them, user

Why would I brine it when I can have it perfectly cooked and without losing any moisture by just doing this

Dry brine

Bone, blood and fat are a bother to deal with

Pressure cooker until they fall apart.

Although I cook a lot I've never understood prepping a bunch beforehand. Do you freeze it after adding the seasoning or put it in the fridge or what?

Wrap in bacon, bake for about 30 minutes, add a thick layer of mozzarella, bake another 5 minutes.

thighs, breasts aren’t worth the marginally better macros they give you

if you’re stubborn and want to stick with breasts, brine and bake. baking retains way more moisture than other methods

>put in roast pan, cover with tinfoil
>put in oven 35mins@180C
>take off foil, keep in oven for 15 more minutes
Juicy and delicious every time

Attached: proxy-image[1].jpg (466x226, 17.03K)

CHICKEN PARM
>cover in light oil/marinade
>let soak for a while
>toss in 50/50 breadcrumbs Parmesan cheese
>oven 350 for 12-18 mins
It’s done when you see juices coming out and shit.

>If you like shredded chicken, roast the wrapped breast for 80 minutes at 120 Celsius. Then open the foil and using two forks you can shred the meat to ribbons in seconds.
Interesting, I am going to try this

also saute slow and low in a saucepan, never cook that shit in the oven

I just cut then on the thinner side and cook fast on higher heat, I don't really count minutes
I eat thinner slices first and let thicker ones rest a bit longer since the center might still be a bit undercooked, which also let the juices set in

Make a good breading
Extra points I'd you add citrus to them. Chicken and citrus go amazing together.
You could also make strips, shreds, or cubes out of them for a dish that uses meat.

Depends on how much. If too much then definitely put it into the freezer, but if you're gonna ear it all before it goes bad then keep it in the fridge

Please remember to preheat the oven user.

>dry off well (if you wanna get autistic you pat them down, put them in the fridge, take them out right before cooking, pat them down again)
>heat pan to medium high
>preferred cooking oil/butter/lard in pan
>lay breasts in pan
>turn them every 30 seconds until golden brown on the contact areas
>seaaon right before taking them out od the pan (otherwise the salt will remove moisture)

bonus points:
>throw some water/wine into the pan right after taking out the chicken breasts, let it infuse with the residue
>drizzle this over the chicken breasts

enjoy, this is the best possible preparation for chicken breasts while on a cut. if youre not cutting, obviously just eat thighs

they already taste great

stop being a nigger meme and season your food mong

debone and trim fat from thighs to make chicken broth. Granted its a bitch to do but you get faster at butchering the more you do it.

Fry in butter with skin on

Chicken breast is inherently dry, not a nigger meme

Wypipo not seasoning their food is the meme.

>Chicken breast is inherently dry
It's got as much moisture as any lean meat. Lots of people just suck at cooking it.

If you cut them into small stripes and then put them in the pan, theyll be done before they get dry.

Don't cook them

or learn how to cook.

Bake them and invest in a meat thermometer.
Breast is only dry because retards cook it for too long because they are afraid of salmonella.

seconding this. meat thermometer. stop cooking at about 155 for juicy ass bird.

Boil it. Boiled foods are god tier.

Pound them flat and season then grill them

Based raw poster

brine them and marinate them in teriyaki, but if you don't have time for that; just immediately throw them into a crockpot with some salsa

The only way I have found is in george foreman. If you do that, create a foil envelope for them so you don't have a big clean up.

As others say, thighs are the best. You can make those in an air fryer quickly or an instant pot too. I used the instant pot a lot, but the air fryer is great too.

Cut them horizontally to make them thinner. The key to ANY lean meat is to cook them quickly and evenly. Whole breasts are too thick to cook at once.

Wrong

Everything in life has its pros and cons.
The pros of the low-fat high protein chicken breast is offset by its dry, non-succulence taste. There is no way around this

You’re supposed to buy them from the Whole Foods Deli faggit. They already come seasoned

Get about a 1/4th cup of flour and put whatever spices you like into it. Get a pan and put avocado oil or your oil of choice into the pan. Turn the pan on low. Cut the chicken into half inch thick slices and dredge them in the flour before putting them into the pan and putting it on medium.

Cook until the internal temp is good and both sides are a little brown.

Congratulations you have juicy chicken every time.

Slow cooker with salsa and patted down with taco seasoning. You need enough liquid and maybe a meat thermometer

>he doesn't eat 1kg of chicken a day

Just add bbq and hot sauce

What I do is beat the shit out of it with pic related, season it, then toss it in the oven at 425 F until internal temp reaches 160ish F (about 20 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through), then take it out so it can continue rising in temp to 165 (FDA suggested temp for safety) without going too much higher than that.

I season it with this: (Some recipe I found online a long ass time ago)
1 1/2 Tsp sea salt (I use pink salt. Apparently it doesn't taste different but I swear it does)
1 Tsp dried basil
1 Tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika (smoked paprika is awesome. Use it if you can find it)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp dried cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (I believe this sometimes also called ground red pepper)

It's kinda a pain in the ass to make it cause there's so many ingredients, so I multiply it all by 5 or 10 and keep it in a mason jar.

Another thing you can do if you have time is marinate it. Stab it a bunch of times with a fork on both sides, toss it in a ziplock bag with a marinade overnight (or at least several hours). I tried a random recipe online and don't remember which one, so I can't suggest any, but I had great results with marinating as well. If you decide to marinate and are watching sodium, don't leave out too much salt. Salt helps tenderize the meat. I don't know if salt alternatives (like potassium chloride) do the same thing.

Attached: Home+Basics+Meat+Tenderizer.jpg (800x800, 32.71K)

think ill do this tomorrow

for breast i always butterfly, then coat with spice, pat in flour, do one side 3 mins, other 3 mins, make my sauce, perfect white meat every time.

Breading it completely negates the point.

>velvet
Niggers, why didn’t you ever mention this before? Going to have to give it a try.

allrecipes.com/article/velveting-chicken-will-make-your-stir-fry-taste-so-much-better/

Guys is air frying the same as using an oven? It seems to me like it's just a marketing ploy te get another thing. Pls redpill me anons thanks.

Airfryers are good for small batches where an oven would be too much heat in the summer.

>beat chicken
>mince garlic and ginger
>salt and pepper
>add to a spoonful of yogurt
>slather on chicken
>put on grill pan
>weigh it down with something heavy
>flip
>cook to 155F
There you go, faggot.

>not buying a whole chicken for 6 dollars
Literally the cheapest and easiest to make taste good option there is. Spatchcock it and roast it and I guarantee the breast meat will be juicy and delicious

Season with smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and a little cayenne and I guarantee you won’t make chicken any other way. And for the price you can’t beat it. I usually get 2-3 meals out of it, 10/10 recipe

To understand chicken breast, do the fundamentally simplest approach, then branch out from there when you've mastered it.

• Lay breasts on counter
• Pat with paper to remove moisture, we do this so that it's easier to get a sear
• Now you can salt it and stop here to let it dry brine (1-72hrs in the fridge over a cooling rack)
• Or you just salt it leave for 2-10 mins, or immediately in the pan with a minimum amout of good Greek olive oil (specialtyfood.com/products/product/46215/iliada-extra-virgin-olive-oil-organic-kalamata-pdo/).
• For the pepper you either add it at the same time as the salt or later just before you eat. You can optionally also roast the pepper (grinded or not) before application.
• In the pan, when you see that the very edge of the chicken is changing color, flip it with tongs. Leave it on the other side too. When pushing with a finger or tongs, the chicken should be full of juice. Do not press too hard. After a sear, flip, sear either:
• Turn down the heat, put on a lid
• If you don't have a lid take it off to a plate (you can heat the plate by running warm water on it before you dry it) and put some aluminum or anything that covers over it. You can leave a little opening if you please. Depending on thickness let it rest 2-8mins.
• While on the pan just before you lid it up, throw some water in too keep it moist, the water and the olive oil and the salt will create a nice juice you pour over upon serving.

Attached: Dieu.jpg (184x273, 9.2K)

Dont sear with olive oil nigger

Alternatively you can do a reverse sear.
• Optional dry brine as mentioned in post above
• Season as you wish
• Stick thermometer inside
• Oven 200C
• When chicken 60-65C, take it out
• Pan, sear hard, quickly
• Out of pan, rest 2-8 mins

Attached: MPW.jpg (1200x800, 86.87K)

You have no clue, troglodyte.

Cook quicker on higher heat

I get the real cheap family pack of breasts with rib meat from aldi and bake them at 465 for 25 minutes. No cutting or anything, just throw it right in and its moist and perfect. I like to mix 1 part dijon mustard and 1 part brown sugar to baste it with. Not a chef but it's not a bad meal

Attached: 20210819_191638.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

>465 degrees
what the fuck

Dude it took me 10 years to find the perfect cook time for a whole ass breast without it being too raw or too tough. Trust me

Also bake it on a cookie sheet with foil on the top or 2nd to the top rack

lard/beef tallow

Foil at the bottom of the sheet, not chicken wrapped in foil. Fuck

It’s actually fine to do so, it doesn’t get hot enough to be unhealthy

Sous vide

Cook on a hot pan on very high in the pan for 3 minutes, with oil. Turn down to medium and flip and add small amounts of water for 5-6 minutes. Add some butter at the end

First off chicken breast is pretty flavorless. I like to cut slices using an X cut to thin them out so there’s more flavor to meat ratio. Then use a tenderizing hammer and pound them lightly. I find this cuts down on chewy rubbery breasts. Always avoid buying breasts with white streaks in the meat. One good marinade is fresh lime juice, onions sauce, garlic, some Sriracha sauce, and black pepper. Seasoning is the easy part, preparation and cooking is the most important. For breasts pictured 385 degrees for 25 minutes in an oven. If sliced like I recommend 350 for 22 minutes.

>room temp meat on preheated grill as hot as it gets
>make gay ass x grill marks like rest 50 seconds, flip, flip but angle it make x both sides about 50 seconds makes good ones figure it out
>put on top rack until done
>use thermometer if you're afraid of undercooked so you dont overcook it
The outside be a bit dry but inside perfect. Tweak the x mark time to get the dry bit perfect, account for wind and shit, too long just makes it thicker. Get it right it's unnoticeable. Put shit you like the taste of on before or after but remember it'll burn off if it can burn

I steam them for like 10 minutes after I bake them. Voila, not dry. Not very hard.

Give me the shits every time. Maybe its because I eat them skin on

Brush on 1 tbsp olive oil and pan cook on high medium heat for 10 minutes. Brush 1 tbsp olive oil on other side and pan cook covered 10 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and let rest 5 mins. Eat with a little honey mustard. Voila.

fit literally doesn't know how to cook chicken you guys are fucking retarded. All you have to do is just cut in half horizantally and put it on the stove for 5 min each side, it's not difficult at all

Best answer

breasts need to be marinated or brined. look that up. if you want them baked you can put them on a baking sheet, season some mayonnaise with whatever you like and spread it kinda thick on them. if you can afford the extra calories smash crackers and pressit into the may, 365f for 35 min. also make sure you know how to check if theyre done and take them out then, not too long after.

/ck/ here.

Just buy a thermometer and cook them to 155ºF and no more than 165ºF and they'll be juicy and delicious every time. Also make sure to use salt.

>breasts need to be marinated or brined.
no they don't.

cover in oil lightly and microwave them until crispy. put salt and pepper to taste and top it off with some rays sugar free bbq sauce.

Brined breast is worst that non-brined thighs in almost all cases (if we’re talking off the bird). I am a god tier cook with impeccable taste 1v1 me irl

1. don't overcook them
2. season them
3. add gravy
delicious

>cut breast thinly
>crack egg in bowl
>breast into egg
>eggy breast into flour
>eggy floury breast back into egg
>eggy floury eggy breast into panko breadcrumbs
>pan fry on high heat for a few minutes, just until crispy
>add neapolitan sauce, ham, cheese on top
>put in oven
>roast for 15 minutes
>serve with chippies and fresh leafy salad

>Salt pepper
>Put thigh skin side down
>Flip once
>Squeeze lemon juice on top
Simple as

i just ate a kilogram of chicken and potatoes

i ate it because it is in my meal plan, not because i wanted to

food is a meme

Man the fuck up, or put some cheese on it.

sous vide