When you breathe in do you feel air on both of your nostrils

my doc said i hve deviated septum, i asked her if I should get the surgery and she just kept saying its up to me, if it bothers me then yes, I kept asking how bad it is and she just said if it bothers me then yeah.. but im not even sure waht normal is.

Attached: download (1).jpg (290x174, 6.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceabc.com/humans/is-our-airflow-greater-in-one-nostril-than-the-other.html
emptynosesyndromeaerodynamics.com/category/nasal-aerodynamics-101/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cycle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does it bother you when you're at work/school, working out, falling asleep etc.

otherwise i would not get the surgery

it bothers me because i think i get less air, but i can still somewhat get air, i notice my right earhole is more dominant. I am also affraid it can cause bad sleep and brainfog.

if it's not causing you physical discomfort, i'd live with it. 80% people have a deviated septum, for most it doesn't cause problems.

i have one too and i'll get a surgery when this fucking stupid covid shit ends and i can finally get to a clinic.

get her to sign that it's a medical issue so you can scam your insurance to pay for the surgery.
You can get a free rhinoplasty this way, unless you like the look of your current nose

buy a nasal spreader for 5 bucks.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x280, 9.96K)

Do you ever feel you breathe through your mouth easier than your nose?

All the time. I can't even breath through my nose if I'm running, I'm talking like fifteen seconds into a jog I have to mouth breath.

I had the surgery and if you can live with it, I would suggest you live with it. For me the surgery made things worse, having dry nose etc. But I had the complete package with turbinate reduction and all that due to chronic sinusitis. Also over time it deviated again. So fuck that!

>even roastie doctors can't give a yes or no answer
jesus christ

Will it ACTUALLY fix the septum? Or just as long as I wear it

looks stupid and uncomfortable. I had the deviated septum surgery in 2020 it helped me alot for the first 1 week then back to shit again. My left side is COMPLETELY blocked so now he says let's do a cobalation surgery because i have hypertrophy of the nosemussles or some shit. I use breathe right strips at night. i almost roped because of not being able to breathe from my nose

Are you me? Same exact situation. I had a septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and something to help with Nasal valve collapse. I can barely breathe out of the side I had the turbinate reduction on. I'm 95 percent sure the (literal) jew doctor didn't need to do a turbinate reduction and he did it to squeeze more money out of me. I was a star student and college athlete and this shit took everything from me. I am a neet now and think about suicide daily.

Attached: 1642050392475.png (546x646, 282.89K)

I got a septoplasty & rhinoplasty. Best investment I ever made, other than the shitcoin "investments" that got me that money in the first place.

Breathing much better even tho the insides are still swollen almost 3 months later. Already much more attractive and confident. Mire myself a lot. Will post the transformation after it's fully healed (1 year). I do have to spray a quick pressurized saline and blow to unclog 1-2 a day and it's super clear. Maybe won't need to after fully healed.

How did you decide what you wanted your nose to look like or just went with what the surgeon felt?

I live in sweden so i didn't have a jew doctor but is black so... idk. I think the way american doctors do turbinate reduction is really bad and causes empty nose syndrome and you are fucked. People literally don't understand how bad it is to not be able to breathe from your nose also during sleep it's 10x worse. My first doctor laughed at me and acted as if it was no problem and he brought up statistic that ALOT Of people have deviated septum and shit like that it triggered the fuck out of me. But i have this cobalation surgery in a few days and if this doesn't help. Well..i can't say what i'm gonna do but it will be ugly

This shit has been happening since 2015 and it caused me depression, my parents thought i was a lazy fuck for sleeping 12h a day. IF i didn't sleep alot i would feel REALLY TIRED because i keep waking up from this SHIT. I had to drop out because i kept failing and DEPRESSION and my parents never cared about me , all they cared about was how bad it looked for them. fuck man if i didn't have like 80k in crypto i wouldve roped a long time ago

Air flow changes from one side to the other. There's a nasal cycle where one side swells to cut airflow and the other opens to allow more airflow. This is a natural rythym.

>It is a little-known fact that the human body has unequal airflow between the right and left nostril, with one being dominant, meaning that it has more free-flowing air than the other.

>This flow of air alternates periodically, at intervals anywhere between one hour to seven hours, with more air flowing through one half of the nose than the other.

scienceabc.com/humans/is-our-airflow-greater-in-one-nostril-than-the-other.html

My Dr goes for best natural fit. I did tell him obviously get rid of the big hump, and it was important it didn't point down anymore. Straight out or just slightly upturned to be safe. He turned it up just a tad more with my suggestion I think, which is good because I don't want it pointing down when smiling which is what happens.

Do you have the scan results user? If yes post and I'll tell you. Already it sounds that you should just get it.

im military so surgeries like this are just free leave, it was an easy decision. i went in to investigate nosebleeds, and get my nose cauterized, and while looking in my nose they said one side was basically shut so gave me an ultimatum of surgery or cauterizing. i never really noticed before but since they said that i realized i really did only breathe through one nostril, and it happened to be the one that bled all the time. i got the surgery, 2 week quarters just playing videogames. 3 days of tubes in your nose and then when thats taken out, in quite literally one yoink, youll feel the most refreshing breath of fresh air of your life. it is slightly better but not lifechanging. at least during a run i feel i can maintain my breathing better. a side effect for me has been that the nosebleeds have not been severe at all, a few drops a week maybe so if thats a problem its worth checking out as well

I see thanks
Any advice you can give I’m going to have a septoplasty and rhinoplasty in about six months

>Make sure Dr knows what you want
He could notice a flaw you didn't realize, but subconsciously feel. My upper bridge was too wide from a break, so he thinned it.
>Prep recovery nest
>Absolutely no snuggling / sex minimum 2 weeks after
I fucking got a gf somehow right before surgery and had sex a few times. After, we were slugging and as a fresh ex-virgin I couldn't contain myself. Started passionately making out / grinding. Bitch elbowed my nose 2 days after the cast came off and it started bleeding all over. I wanted to fucking kill her. I felt like I just fucked everything up. Went to Dr next day and he said everything SHOULD be fine but holy shit. We won't know until later anyway for sure, but so far so good.

So patience and be careful.

Thanks man appreciate it hope you heal up well bro

I had a deviated septum from a motorcycle wreck. Its a slow suffocating feeling that never goes away. Had less energy throughout the day and couldn't workout it was like i would hit a brick wall and just get winded and heart pounding. Generally makes you feel like shit tired and miserable the only way out is surgery. Had it for a year and surgery was 100% worth it.

You'd be oxygen deprived otherwise. Of course, you're breathing fine. Stupid twunk. Get the surgery if you have good insurance.

I'm grateful I don't have any ENT problems that would require surgery. Reading about the complications from shit like turbinate reduction scares the hell out of me. Empty Nose Syndrome is a rabbit hole I went down for a few days and I came out convinced that ENT doctors who do these surgeries don't know nearly enough about the dynamics of the nose to be fucking around like they do.

your nostrils alternate openess roughly every four-six hours for 'maintenance reasons', it's 100 percent natural to not have both open all the time.

AS for the deviated septum, test your ability to breath rapidly. If your performance isn't great (my nose, for example, collapses like a sonofabitch) the surgery might be worth it. I'd recommend avoiding a turbinoplasty at the same time though, I went from my septum being the problem to not having enough cartilege left in the walls of my nostrils and now they collapse when I'm huffing and puffing. Septum only surgery is basically risk free tho

Just do breathing techniques. If you're a man you should be doing them anyway

This is right, it would be crazy if 80% of the world had broken sinuses. I believe the theory is that it helps with distinguishing multiple smells at once. Slower airflow through one allows for more precise sensing.

The explanation I heard is that it encourages us to roll over and change positions during sleep.

I got the deviated septum and turbinate removal surgery and I do believe it improved my sleep/nose breathing. Im in Canada though so it was free, Idk if it would be worth doing if you have to pay 10k for it

I had a separate ent look at my nose and luckily, I don't have empty nose syndrome If my nasal hygiene is perfect I'm OK, but if I even see dust I just can't breathe out of the left side of my nose. I considered killing the doctor but chose not to.

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-011452_Reddit.jpg (1080x2280, 706.21K)

If anyone else finds this empty nose syndrome and turbinate function shit interesting like I do, this website is a great resource.

emptynosesyndromeaerodynamics.com/category/nasal-aerodynamics-101/

Basically, it's an engineer who came down with ENS after turbinate reduction and did an autistic deepdive on airflow dynamics in order to figure out exactly what's going on and how to fix it. I believe he worked with a surgeon with his findings and was able to greatly alleviate his ENS.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cycle

Isn't it normal to breathe out of one nostril at a time? There's a cycle to it too. Some people breathe out of both. It's also normal to be able to get more oxygen through your mouth than your nose.

I feel air on my right nostril, but barely on my left.

When i try to sleep on my back my nose instantly becomes blocked andy ends up opening when i fall asleep

I believe I have a deviated septum.

>nostrils are different sizes
>nose points a bit to the right
>almost never have clear passages
>when I work out my nose leaks
>people say when I'm sick my voice doesn't change

Honestly might get into boxing to just fuck my nose up more but have a cool reason why.

Attached: 1492324666995.jpg (424x640, 33.5K)

> When you breathe in do you feel air on both of your nostrils
You’re not supposed to. At any given time one nostril will be more open than the other.

I had the surgery because it bothered me. I couldn't go to bed without using nasal spray, my nose was congested when I lied down. Sometimes my nose was congested during the day.

Since the surgery it's way batter. I can sleep normally now. Although I still can't breathe through both nostrils all the time- my doctor told me that this is completely normal.

Forgot to ass that my nose mussles got reduced as well.

I have it too. When I was in boxing I could tell I was at a disadvantage because my nose would start running after getting hit, then clog up. Or it would just start bleeding.

I typically only get air through one nostril but it's not because of a deviated septum, because the nostril that isn't blocked can vary - but there is no buildup anywhere (accessible) that I could remove. Maybe it's sinusitis, I don't know. Either way, it causes me to mouth-breathe and snore, especially in my sleep, so I typically wake up feeling like shit.

goodbye gains