Nintendo Direct vs Sony State of Play

Apparently, in Japan, the Nintendo Direct was immensely more popular than the State of Play, with the views outnumbering it nearly 4 times (4 million vs 1.7 millions).

The reasons for Nintendo being:
- Direct has more narration, japanese can't understand games unless it has narration to explain
- Direct has more "hyped" games like Biohazard ports to the Switch
- Zelda looks amazing (despite being a fucking short teaser).

Meanwhile for Sony
- Visual is amazing but they don't know how to play (never mind all the PVs show gameplay clips and they play like standard action games)

Is it me or the japanese have terrible taste? I distinctly remember everyone was performing the vomit emoticon in the Nintendo Direct because of how bad it was.

Attached: Nintendo direct vs state of play.png (1200x630, 380.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ed14759d0c8a04e3755a1310c14b0d7857d56a52
youtube.com/watch?v=Ks0tpf9uIhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the absolute state of play

lots of people own a switch so of course a nintendo direct is going to get more views. people want to see what games nintendo is potentially going to release.
personally i thought it was garbage. sure that pikmin 4 announcement was nice but god damn, its been so long since the last game that i just dont care anymore.

I'm having second doubt about the japanese's mentality and state since everyone seems to hate the Direct, except the japanese.

There's like 25 mil Switches vs 2 mil PS5s in Japan. Even without a source, the audience reaction is understandable.
>Is it me or the japanese have terrible taste?
It's you and the rest of the coping snoys who have terrible taste. I'd rather have tons of farming games than lootboxes in every shooter and sports games, with a random sprinkling of overproduced 20 hour linear adventures.

Attached: yikes.jpg (1024x577, 78.79K)

>farming
>simulation
>role
>playing
>game

Attached: 1609291954278.png (359x379, 188.03K)

Yeah, sorry, my eyes are literally hurt by the Switch's small screen.

Have you seen Bayo 3's gameplay? A legit colorized mess.

And who the fuck want to play and praise fucking Biohazard CLOUD version on the Switch?

news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ed14759d0c8a04e3755a1310c14b0d7857d56a52

Here us source, the difference is Nintendo 6: Dony 1.

>Yeah, sorry, my eyes are literally hurt by the Switch's small screen.
It's a hybrid.
>Have you seen Bayo 3's gameplay? A legit colorized mess.
I have and you must be blind as a bat. Wtf are you talking about?
>And who the fuck want to play and praise fucking Biohazard CLOUD version on the Switch?
Nobody except those living close to the servers.

These are very weak points.

This is the difference kek.
>I've seen both, but Nintendo's explained the fun and charm of the games introduced, while Sony's basically just dumped the PV. I think it's the difference between Nintendo's emphasis on gameplay and Sony's emphasis on cinematic graphics and staging. In that sense, it is inevitable that Nintendo's stance will be accepted by more game fans.

>>I've seen both, but Nintendo's explained the fun and charm of the games introduced, while Sony's basically just dumped the PV. I think it's the difference between Nintendo's emphasis on gameplay and Sony's emphasis on cinematic graphics and staging. In that sense, it is inevitable that Nintendo's stance will be accepted by more game fans.
Except that's bullshit though, nobody knows how Pikmin 4 or the next Zelda are gonna play like.
Actual gameplay footages were shown for Isshin, Synduality, Stellar Blade and RoTR.

That's one of my favorite things about the Japanese direct. The explanations. It's like getting an in depth look of some of the game mechanics for a game that might not come out in a while.
I don't care about cinematic trailers at all. It's a video game, not a movie. The thing I care most about is the gameplay.

>I have and you must be blind as a bat. Wtf are you talking about?
This is the gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ks0tpf9uIhk
It still looks like a mess under 1080p, imagine if it's on a Switch screen.
>Nobody except those living close to the servers.
The japanese praise it, think it's sugoi.

>Direct has more narration, japanese can't understand games unless it has narration to explain
Do japs really?

How dumb do you have to be that you need actual kiddy narration for simple games?

Like jesus christ, most of the narration is for the Pikmin Bloom, a smartphone game.

It's just fun to watch.
Imagine being butthurt about narration lmao

I'm not butthurt, but don't most PVs in State of Play have narration as well?

Except it's fitting and literally not just tutorials.

The direct had a lot of fluff but there was a few interesting and/or new things that were kinda surprising. Farming games are a meme, but I wasn't expecting a Wonderful Life remake. New fire emblem looks like shit but hey, it's a new game, I'm just glad to finally be done with three houses trash. Pikmin 4 will be nice, free from the bonds of the Wii U design philosophy.
Meanwhile, I can't even remember what was in the PlayStation one. It left no impression other than that corporate music they always use in these kind of things.

Are you serious? I can easily name Tekken 8, Isshin, Synduality, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin from SoP.

With Rise of the Ronin being by far the best looking one.

Meanwhile, Ninty farming games look terrible.

>Nintendo Direct
>State of Play
You can play 90% of everything shown on pc.

Attached: 1648978683781.jpg (294x294, 18.56K)

We are rating them together, if we count the actual game number, Sony wins because most games announced on Nintendo Direct are multiplat.

Samurai games all look painfully generic, they just blend into the background at this point. Tekken is whatever, I prefer soul calibur but I'm sure Tekken fans are happy. I genuinely don't remember the other games you mentioned.

Sony: cool action games with next generation graphics
Nintendo: farming game that plays like a game from 10 years, except you can now be NON BINARY
How anyone can think Nintendo won is beyond me

You are a no-taste faggot or geniune dumbo who think samurai games all blend together yet muh farming games good.
>I genuinely don't remember the other games you mentioned.
Any Forums has had constant threads about the remaining games.