The fuck is wrong with Sony?

The fuck is wrong with Sony?

Attached: file.png (793x622, 286.08K)

Sony literally has no arguments, there is no monopoly happening here as even with the purchase Microdick doesn’t even have 10% of the market, they’re just mad they’re losing easy money and are going to have to invest into shit that isnt GAAS

>Get rid of 90% of your games and game-making staff
>Sit on your ass while you collect sweet, easy money from CoD
>Suddenly don't have CoD anymore
>Don't have 90% of your games and game-making staff to fall back on either because of meme arrow 1
It's cope at an international corporate level

Sony is doing all they can to try and keep Call of Duty because it's become their majority revenue source. All of those AAA movie games that they constantly show off every year as first party titles? The countless number of big Japanese titles that are synonymous with Playstation? Indies >indies on PS? Fighting games? Fortnite and GTAV? Those are all bottom of the barrel compared to Call of Duty.
CoD makes them more money than everything else I just listed combined. When Xbone cocked up at E3 the entire playerbase picked up and moved to PS4 and have supplied Sony with a guaranteed blank check ever since. The only thing that gives them a higher source of revenue is the PS+ subscription (which only began posting a profit when Sony made it a mandatory subscription to play online, by the way), so you can imagine why they have been losing their shit so hard over the buyout compare to the previous acquisitions like Bethesda and Obsidian. Hell, they don't even care about Actiblizz or any other IP attached to that monolith like Crash and Spyro, it's just Call of Duty for them and all the documents revolve solely around it.

Sony is right. Consolidation of power isn't good for any industry.

That being said they're as guilty as MS and any fine that's slapped on one should be given to the other equally. They're both megacorpos that swallow others and dismantle them which should be one of the deadly sins.

>Sony invests their last 5 dollars into exclusivity rights with From Soft
>Turns and starts crying about Microsoft
How long till gaymers wake up to Sony's behavior?

They got too cocky.

Fortnite microtransaction revenue is on the level of CoD, Sony literally makes a billion a year just taking the 30% cut on vbucks.
Everything else you said is correct though.

What power? It's fucking Call of Duty, it's not even the most popular shooter anymore.

Isn't Sony constantly paying developers to not put their games in Xbox consoles?
How is this any different?

This is so dumb, honestly. They're burning bridges with Microsoft and you shouldn't piss the guys who are buying the whole industry

Stop crying bitch nigga and buy fromsoft then

Because nobody actually plays shitbox. It's a spic/nuzoomer brand. I hate cod myself, but the series would just die. Just like every studio they get. Microsoft doesn't even care about shitbox. They were abandoning it after the the Xbox one failed.

>Sony is right. Consolidation of power isn't good for any industry.
From the same company that have spent the last 2 decades ensuring competition doesnt get games as much as possible..
The fucking amount of Iron-y can build a Death Star

>Judge: And what "major negative implications" are those, if you don't mind me asking?
>snoy: THEY J-JUST ARE, O-OK?

Attached: 1660679941132.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

Oh but its fine for sony and tencent to keep buying up shares of Fromsoft? Fuck off.

>NOOO PLS COURT BLOCK THE MICROSOFT-ACTIVISION DEAL RIGHT NOW EXCLUSIVE BAD
>pay Activision for PS exclusive contents
lmao Microsoft gonna use this to rape Sony in the court.

why don't these retards just bring back socom or something?

this is why I want things to go into a prove, it when companies will have to show number, no longer just PR, Puppy Eyes and Victim roleplay

is not, but you cant expect political tool to be versed on video games climate. I wont be surprised if Jimbo is not pulling favors/ Connections, he used to be the head of PS Europe,so I assume he most know a few names

>Isn't Sony constantly paying developers to not put their games in Xbox consoles?
>How is this any different?
Yeah. Jimmy's being a hypocrite like usual. He's just butthurt in general because Nintendo and Microsoft aren't shitting the bed this generation, like they did with the Wii U and Xbox One, where Sony sold PS4s on the basis that the other options weren't really viable.

If they cared so much about making money off of third party game sales, MAYBE going all in on PC wasn’t the right move.

Pick a side Jimmy, either it’s all multiplats and you only make money off of first party game sales, or you go for walled garden consoles where you just entice players with exclusives to reap the COD harvest.

>why don't these retards just bring back socom or something?
Because they don't have a studio that could pull that off. They closed down Zipper Interactive. They'd need to build a team somewhere with people who care enough about Socom or games like that and they don't wanna do it because that would mean investing in their first-party. And Sony rather wants to invest into temporary third-party exclusivity deals instead.

I mean, they could've established a JRPG-team within Japan studio so that they wouldn't be fully dependent on Square Enix. Instead, they closed it down. They also closed down Evolution Studios for no fucking reason, really. Yes, Driveclub didn't do very well but so didn't Killzone and yet Guerilla is still here. And now Sony's lacking competition to Forza Horizon or any other arcade racer. Fuck them for letting Motorstorm die.
How can they be in such a disappointing position with the success of the PS4? I don't understand it at all.