Tekken 8: The Exclusive First Interview with Katsuhiro Harada - ‘A Turning Point’

>“all the models and everything from Tekken 7 have been totally discarded,” leaving everything to be rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5 from the ground up.
>The graphics are something that we really focused on. And I know that sounds kind of trite, but if you look back at the franchise and see where it did well – like Tekken 3 on the PlayStation 1, maybe Tekken Tag Tournament on PS2 – there was the variety of modes and the gameplay that people liked, but an important aspect has always been the kind of graphics people can expect on new hardware.
>Tekken 8 will be a turning point for the series

Attached: tk8-ign-2-1663264343135.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/tekken-8-interview-katsuhiro-harada
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ign.com/articles/tekken-8-interview-katsuhiro-harada

>IGN: You’ve made a lot about Tekken 8 being on next-gen technology. Can you tell me about what it's been like to use Unreal Engine 5 for the first time, getting to grips with it? You were talking about the real time reflections and the rain rolling down and everything, but talk to me about some of the more subtle aspects of working with Unreal Engine 5.

>Katsuhiro Harada: It's a very difficult question. From a developer's perspective, not just for us, but developers in general in the industry, it's different from the end users' impression, where kind of like an iPhone 4 was being used up until a certain date and then, "Okay, now the iPhone 5 is out, it's awesome, it's brand new, everything works so much better." That's kind of the impression that your average user has when this new Unreal Engine 5 comes out. But in reality, it's not that case at all. It's like it's a continuing process. Obviously, we didn't just start developing a game on UE5. UE5 was announced quite some time ago, but we haven't seen games for it yet.

>So we started on UE4 and gradually started porting certain elements of the game over into UE5 and also confirming the results. Like, “Okay, oh wow, the graphic level on this particular area improved greatly.” And then other areas as well – the things that are important for a fighting game: the response time…those kind of things are stuff that we've been porting out into the game and then figuring out what to expect in that area as well. And we’ve been working closely with Epic to figure out how to optimize some of those processes for input. So we're just starting and it's going to continue from now on.

>turning point
literally every single producer / director says this about every new game. it means nothing. hope they spite the old Tekkucks by adding even more 2d characters and give every character meter and EX moves

Bump

waiting for the diversity bullshit before i get hype

I'm sure the Pakis who play this trash are ecstatic right now.

>expecting pakis to have money for ps5s and decent pcs
Nah, they'll play SF6 instead

>we focused on graphics but forgot appealing looking models

Kaz's face is ruined.

what diversity? are they adding a tranny and pronoun options?

They dominate the Tekken scene. You fags don't even know anything about the games you're defending.

this is the first time ever they're not reusing old animations so yes, it's a turning point

>this is the first time ever they're not reusing old animations
Anyone with working eyes can tell this is a load of bullshit. Why do tekkucks lie?

I hope they fix whatever the fuck this was supposed to be in 7

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 86.44K)

>They dominate the Tekken scene
It's not 2019 anymore. They haven't won shit since then.

Since the game is starting to closely resemble the cg cutscenes I hope they try to model her off of them

Attached: images (24).jpg (739x415, 20.12K)

Tekken 8 Yoshimitsu leaked, He's now a She.

Yeah dude imagine if they added a black woman to the game?
Fucking retard.

tag 2 asuka was close to perfect I don't get why the gave everyone the same doll face in t7

Lol they ain't doing shit. Tekken 8 will have online multiplayer and a trillion microtransactions and nothing else. Not even Lei DLC.

It's still a work in progress product moron.

Doomposters are running out material.

>there was the variety of modes and the gameplay that people liked, but an important aspect has always been the kind of graphics people can expect on new hardware.
>graphics before gameplay, considering how barren of a release T7 was.
>graphics before music
T7's story mode already told me to fuck off, so I'm glad they are keeping that same energy, for the sake of my wallet.

just dont bother, i say.

GIVE ME TEKKEN 5 AMOUNTS OF SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT YOU ASIAN NIG!!