He was right all along

He was right all along.

Attached: tjhenry.png (354x357, 3.71K)

Yoshino was right

Attached: Yoshino.png (1024x575, 713.44K)

But he literally wasn't

Who is this stinky nigger?

>"half" a press
>its acrually one third of the press-hold-release cycle

ok tj """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" yoshi

releasing the button doesn't do anything in the context of the run or the game so it isnt counted

In fact, the fractional significance of the A press gets smaller each time it's used. If you use a single A press throughout 10 stages, then congratulations, you used a tenth of an A press on each of those levels.

What he was correct about:
>"an a press is an a press"
there is no such thing as half an A press

What he was wrong about:
>"you can't say it's only half"
the runners of this category who go for the lowest number of A presses denote that the button was held while entering a stage by adding a 0.5 to their number of A presses used to complete the stage. and they can and do call it a half press.

You are so fucking stupid it's not even funny anymore.

What about my fractional A press comment is stupid? Or do you not have the vocabulary to prove me wrong and will only posture?

And what benefits does this have?

It's an easily understood notation. If the previous best for an individual star required a jump, and now it requires only that the button be held down, it's clearly an improvement for a 120 star run in terms of how man A presses are required, and the "half press" terminology represents that.

it's shorthand. compare the length of the following statements:
1. 10.5 'A' presses
2. 10 'A' presses with the button held while entering the stage.

Are you pannenkoek2012? Did you invent the A button challenge? Have you ever assisted in the collection of a star for the A button challenge?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then there is no point in you debating what a half A press is, or creating new terms for something you are not a part of.

sage because please god we've had enough of these threads.

Appeal to authority. I tried to engage with you in good faith. If you hold the A press through 3 stages, you've used a third of an A press on all 3 stages. Simple as.

Attached: wireless.png (352x347, 151.71K)

If you press the A button that means its an a press. Half A press is retarded

But how does it make the speedrun quicker?

not speed running. it's a run to try and complete mario 64 in the least amout of A presses possible.

Still mad, TJ """""Henry""""" Yoshi?

Attached: G7B1sV4.png (1124x974, 58.89K)

Jesus that sounds retarded

That actually rounds up to half a press, so it's still half. You can't say it's 3rd of an A press.

Until you release the A button, then it's become a full A press. But you used it in 3 different stages, therefore it is a third of an A press.

IT IS. there are many types of retarded runs. some more entertaining than others. I like blindfolded Punchout runs.

So he left his finger in the button until now?

>blindfolded Punchout runs.
These are kino tho

it's a 4 part cycle of neutral press hold release.

Played a Try Not to Laugh game with my mate once where we played each other a video. Motherfucker pulled out this one and I burst out laughing halfway through. Didn't see that one coming

>A man is a man, you can't just say it's a woman
Henry was based

CORRECT
00 neutral
01 press
11 hold
10 release

TJ henry yoshi, a retard who said "an a press is an a press, you can't say it is a half" in one of the stupid pannen videos, and now everybody memes him.

So is the reason this works because mario floats more with A held? Only part i don't get

Mario can do kicks on the elevator with A held down. Otherwise his immense speed would cancel his movement since he'd be moving out of bounds on the next frame, something the game does not allow.