What's a game you can't believe more people haven't ripped off? For me it's Kingdom Hearts...

What's a game you can't believe more people haven't ripped off? For me it's Kingdom Hearts. Especially in the current landscape with multiverses and shit.

Attached: images (4).jpg (225x225, 4.24K)

pretty sure theres a ton of shitty jrpgs w/ needlessly convoluted stories out there

I'm pretty surprised there aren't more Factorio clones

Kingdom Hearts is just plagarism of Gex Enter the Gecko

Think about it

the entirety of fanfiction.net has that one covered
also because copyrights are expensive

When did MEGA64 die? IMO the exact moment they opened up a Patreon they lost all hope of ever returning to the glory days.

i was just thinking today, i am surprised that during all of the NES / SNES are there were barely any ripoffs. for a console that was 90% platformers, they gave them all unique mechanics and made them stand out

Dark souls. I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE AREN'T MORE GAMES LIKE IT! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?!

Attached: ppnose.jpg (480x360, 19.25K)

I mean there was still plenty of bootleg shit like Action 52

yeah but even then none of the games directly rip off anything except space shooters, they even differ mechanically, you would think they would just take 2 games and copy paste them 25 times with different graphics but the games all actually feel and control completely different

Yes, but there aren't a ton of shitty action jrpgs involving multiple series from a specific publisher.

STALKER. Only one offhand that comes to mind is Into the Radius, which is VR-exclusive, and is an obvious love-letter to STALKER. I just like exploring a rundown world full of danger and anomalies.

When they deleted all their old podcast clips with offensive content in thrm

Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Everyone copies 2D zelda, when the template for atmospheric 3rd person dungeon crawling with a great soundtrack, stylized visuals, and a hub sized overworld teeming with comfy NPC life is right there.

Attached: oot.jpg (322x420, 18.6K)

the sims. Shit is ridiculously sucessfull so it seems kinda weird.
the sims but generic anime style(mabie set in a school) for coomers is litterly free money for any indie developer reading this.

Rocco botte is a skilled stalker/rapist

This is the one that pisses me off so much. Literally thousands of videos gone without warning because of them being fucking terrified of being edgy. They even deleted the fucking hotdiggidiydemon animations but kept those shitty ratbag ones

Making a game as good as KH2FM takes effort.

3D Zelda.
The only rip off I can think of is Darksiders 1.
It’s a bit sad, BotW didn’t kill Zelda it killed any hope of someone else cloning Zelda too

I envy all of them so much
all they do is sit in a room and do their podcast, occasionally showing up to cons and they still make good money
rocco goes to disneyland on a regular basis

Paper Mario's badge system. the peak of RPG progression/customization systems

Grandia's combat system. It boggles the mind how there's only been one game that came mildly close to it and even that was missing too many factors without replacing them to be considered it's own spin on it.

Honestly, given the trend of roguelike card indies, I'm surprised no one copied KH Chain of Memories