Why did gen X developers make better games?

Why did gen X developers make better games?

Attached: id-software-1993.jpg (810x727, 71.12K)

Last generation to not be exposed to harmful chemicals in their childhood.

yeah bro, it's the chemicals, not society itself.

there's something about OP's image, I just can't put my finger on it.

Because they were actually nerds, proper fucking losers, rather than socially maladjusted normies. You can only make true art through suffering.

Autism

lack of women in leading positions.

Au contraire.

Attached: lead.jpg (1200x1200, 183.12K)

>I just can't put my finger on it.
Spill the beans.

Competence, genuine care for their craft, good to great mental health, kept their personal beliefs out of their work. Take the opposite of all these and you get the archetypical modern dev.

I don't get it. Asians made better games and still make them. Not seeing a single asain on that team.

they were nerds before it was cool.

Most gen-x fags are the ones who are still in charge of studios today, forcing leftist bullshit. Back then they just didn't have an infinite stream of money and had to rely on actual sales.

boomers were in charge when gen x was making the games, so maybe gen x is really the problem.

Your picture answers your own question. Those guys are nerds who like games and want to make good games. Devs today are hired because they tick off a certain quota box rather than their ability to make games or even their interest in games.

it was a new fronter where people needed to take chances to make something cool and new
all the good ideas have run out and as long as people buy garbage theres no stimulus to take chances and be creative basically ever again
stop buying shitty games

not to mention leaded gasoline

They wanted to play them

They actually played video games. Also they knew how to create them from the ground up instead of just taking college classes and being sent to some AAA developer as faceless developer #124512

>Also they knew how to create them from the ground up
this is one of the most important things beside playing the you created yourself as a developer to understand what the people want.

That and they didn't go to school for 'game design' or 'coding' like nu-devs but were actually educated in computer science and software development first and foremost.

Because video games were in their infancy so many new genres and types of games were being made, the sky was the limit and they had to get creative with the weak hardware. Nowadays, everything is too corporate and standardised

The lead was blocking the EMF pollution so they turned out normal, now everyone's brain is getting fried.
>no level of lead is safe says (((WHO)))
hmmmm

There's an ancient Siberian immigrant, if that counts.

Meds.

Attached: med.jpg (750x713, 107.29K)