I love how Final Fantasy VIII actually makes Dispel useful

Since in all other games, there's pretty much no good use for it, many people even forget it even exists. But then VIII surprises you with fights like Cerberus or Raijin where they buff themselves to unleash killer attacks until you finally remember you actually have something called Dispel to remove those buffs and make the fights 10x easier which feels nice.

Attached: selphie.png (814x670, 629.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQF11lv-l64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ENTER

Attached: FFX-HD-01729-Penance.png (740x416, 105.35K)

VIII has a great system. Some people complain that it's too easy to break, what's the point? It's not like the fights are engaging itself, it's how you prepare for them that makes it fun.

Talk about video games for once.

What is talking about video games to you then?

Don't know, I'm not OP, but did this post Genuinely having fun with FFVIII so far.

Use meltdown to get their defense down to 1

I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

Attached: one click away from a better life.jpg (800x600, 174.28K)

The thing is, the system is easy to break yes. But most people going through it their first time wouldn't think to start doing that until maybe the point you get the brothers and start seeing some of the nicer spells on enemies.

A newer player is more likely to not bother with triple triad as much and almost certainly won't have shit like Seifer or Zell card at that point. Won't know Card mod is a thing or probably how important skills are with GF's.

Point is, most of the complaints about the junction system being broken are from people minmaxing or following a walkthrough.
Like no shit.

>dispel = reflect

Attached: 5688-420998618.jpg (425x372, 30.56K)

>just kill yourself and you totally get to live in balamb garden honest, said sephie to the nut
man, demons are getting weird these days. you sound like that ghost cartoon guy who tried to do a school shoot in a gas station.

unbelievably cringe, but Selphie is cute so go for it .

also, try casting reflect on everything including the enemy in ff7 :^)
8 fixed this.

Imagine if it never wears off.
youtube.com/watch?v=bQF11lv-l64

Squall is such a fucking faggot

Attached: Final Fantasy VIII 1634309527901.png (1000x709, 1.11M)

Odd, previous FF games also didn't have this problem with Reflect

Doesn't like trains as much.

Selphie has full-on PTSD. She isn't as far gone as Fuujin, but still...

huh, I thought it just crashed
maybe thats only with those enemies that cast ???? aswell.
but yeah 7 creates an infinite reflect loop

Why is the stage a big green screen?

7's combat music is so bad compared to other games.