Trophies/Achievements

>what are you working on?
>do trophies ruin enjoyment of games?
>do devs use trophies to take advantage of autistic gamers?

Attached: platinum700.png (500x500, 74.96K)

Currently going through jedi fallen order. Just barely better than lords of the fallen gameplay wise, it sucks

Played evil within 2 and doom eternal before it and had a ton of fun with both even if eternal's multiplayer trophies were a grind

There's a fag that releases these shitty games every Sunday for a dollar and trophy autistic eat it up for an easy platinum. Shit like that is why trophies no longer give Sony Rewards points. Hilarious how shit like that gets onto the PlayStation store when devs seem to complain about how strict Sony is

If it's not fun it's not worth your time. Some platinums are fun, but ones that require you follow a guide or frequently reference out-of-game info are tedium and outright cancer.

If it's not interesting or challenging then there's nothing impressive about getting the platinum! You're just completing a checklist for no reason!

>Just barely better than lords of the fallen gameplay wise, it sucks
Dead wrong. Also not a worthwhile plat because you have to backtrack through long areas to get every damn poncho color.

>Hilarious how shit like that gets onto the PlayStation store when devs seem to complain about how strict Sony is
It's because people will 100% buy them, that's money for Sony

>Doom Eternal
I got 33% or something going through the campaign, didn't like it enough, too much time/effort to get the plat

Jedi Fallen Order was pretty good but I found getting around the map to be a pain so didn't bother with the collectables, same with God of War, annoying since it's the only trophy I'm missing

Doing Tetris Effect to make it plat 300 and it's fucking up my left thumb. Been trying to do a sprint for four or five days straight, I feel like I have the experience to do the 70 seconds required for the platinum but my thumb is so exhausted I need to get it a day or two to rest.

>>what are you working on?
took me a bit to finish off the uncharted ps5 upgrade since my save didn't fully autopop
so nothing for now, maybe sifu next week, then horizon fw the week after

>>do trophies ruin enjoyment of games?
only if you get super autistic about it and let them ruin it for you

>>do devs use trophies to take advantage of autistic gamers?
probably not

>what are you working on?
Nier Automata, patapon, kh ddd
>do trophies ruin enjoyment of games?
No they motivate me to keep playing and discover things i wouldn't otherwise have. A good example is the monster hunter missions in MGS: PW. Never would have known they existed otherwise
>do devs use trophies to take advantage of autistic gamers?
I mostly play single player games and the only way they take advantage is to coerce you into delving deeper into the game to discover things. But often there are retarded trophies that shouldn't exist like FF9 killing 10,000 enemies etc

>since my save didn't fully autopop
Which ones are missing?

>Nier Automata
Based trophy shop

Why are PS trophies so much better than Xbox or Steam equivalents?

Because a "platinum trophy" is better than 100% achievements
Also total number of platinum's sounds better than total gamer score

Respect to Xbox though Achievements came first, I acknowledge that
Achievements are less distracting from the game for that reason, they are what they should be, a cool little side thing, trophies prey on autism

most of the "20 ledge kill" trophies, the ones you would typically go back through chapter/encounter select to do

Xbox had it first but Sony definitely delivered better presentation

Not even working on any trophies or achievements atm, but I always enjoy these threads. Probably the comfiest on this board

Attached: Comfy.jpg (358x360, 23.56K)

>>what are you working on?
nothing at the moment, just got Arise's

>>do trophies ruin enjoyment of games?
Not really, unless it's online only shit

>>do devs use trophies to take advantage of autistic gamers?
maybe

Attached: Plats.jpg (2296x6679, 2.41M)

Use to go after challenging but not impossible trophies but since working my yearly platinum take has dropped from 6+ a year to 2-3 a year.
Could probably do GTA5 for ps4 and the Arkham games in a month if I felt like it but already did gta5 on ps3 and haven't bothered with the singleplayer since.

Also to add to this
>enjoy ubisoft games
>every single one of their games is a grind fest of collecting numerous types of collectibles, exploring every inch of the maps, and doing every side mission from every npc in the games.
Theres never been a Ubisoft game that was fun to platinum

Im working on KH3. Got 1 and 2 last month but gave up with BBS and DD.

I only get Platinums that dont require me to do stupid shit or if I really liked a game.
I also dont go for those $1 Platinums.

I guess I'm 'working on' Jurassic World Evolution 2.
Down to the last 2 cheevos; beating the 4th/5th challenge maps on the hardest difficulty.
I could do them no sweat, but I'm putting them off until the next dlc comes, just like a little side-objective of mine to get whatever new dinosaurs there are in there, plus dlcs come with patches that iron out bugs and stuff.

Attached: QEBvpCmH9DVMENUfuEd4AM.jpg (1920x1080, 719.79K)

Thinking of grinding out the miniature and giant crowns for mhw and mhw:i.

All I have left for the Doom Eternal trophies are the MP ones, which have been sitting there since launch. Don't think I'll ever waste my time and do them though.