Sonic Mania was the final polishing of the formula Sonic 1 started. What went so right?

Sonic Mania was the final polishing of the formula Sonic 1 started. What went so right?

Attached: egs_sonicmania_lab42_g1a_02_1920x1080_727336445.0.jpg (1200x800, 221.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/l99g8h.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What went so right?
Sonic Team weren't the ones making it.

That Sonic sprite looks like dogshit

bosses are trash

t. i liked donutsteel cringelords.

I dont know what that means but mania bosses are the worst in the series.
A good sonic boss lasts 5 seconds.

sonic mania was too good it makes me feel bad to play

I still think Hydrocity is worse in Mania then in S3&K

I see mania as the real sonic 4, the true sequel to S&K, or at least a callback.
and yes I know "sonic 4" "exists".

So did they.

Which is a shame because I was looking forward the clearly inevitable sequel with around 12 completely new zones.
The new Zones they had in Mania killed it. It sold like hotcakes. Sega is retarded and allergic to both money and praise.

Attached: fah0w74bp2gz.jpg (2048x1039, 219.29K)

part of me thinks that they allowed Mania to happen because they wanted to prove a point but then it blew up in their face

what went right is someone else made it lol
sonic team is a bunch of hacks today and they can't even design a game of tic tac toe right

>Doesn't know what Donut steal means
>Dares to post in a Sonic thread without that knowledge
Leave.

Shut up

It's the closest we're going to get to a real Sonic 4, it's a shame so many of the levels had to be rehashes.

Luckily SEGA isn't doing so hot financially (they just recently had to exit the arcade space), maybe if they get purchased by Sony/MS/Ninty they will force them to get their heads out of their asses and let the Mania team make a true Sonic 4. (also let Taxman make the retro engine version of S3K you fucks)

Sonic Mania played like a person who tried to design an early 2d sonic yet wasn’t crafty enough and had no creativity for level themes

OK.

Yes, I got butt hurt while I played it, hence me recording it. But it's grown on me, now I love seeing this webm of me failing hard.

Attached: 1stuck.webm (1920x1080, 1.62M)

The level design is a little claustrophobic, although not to the degree Sonic CD's is, which is actually detrimental.

Unfortunately have to agree, I like everything in the game but the bosses. Especially that Metal Sonic fight... though if I remember right they updated it, it used to be even duller.

Your insult doesn't make sense.
Mania sprites looks like dogshit because everything is too saturated, especially Sonic sprite.
Not to mention for some reason they removed Knuckles mouth, which is fucking bizarre.

files.catbox.moe/l99g8h.webm

The Sonic sprite is ok, but something between Sonic 2 and Mania would be perfect. Not too dark blue and not baby blue like it is in Mania, but there are mods to fix that already.
See pic. (couldn't find then name for the mod I used before, so this is just some similar looking one).

Attached: EWJVRD-XkAE73Kd.png (870x1062, 34.2K)