The coolest thing about the Halo Franchise

>The coolest thing about the Halo Franchise
>Has been completely ignored for 10 years

Attached: 1200px-HFR_The_flood[1].png (1200x634, 945.15K)

The flood is fucking cringe. The covenant is fucking based.

>creates life in entire galaxies just to dine on it millions of years later to taste its "sweetness" of pain, delight and misery
>so powerful they can corrupt machinery just by being known about
Honestly i like cosmic horror flood a lot

I remember the Flood being distinctly more green than that.

Why you don't like the banished?
Personally i think 343 it's great :)
Memes aside i miss them, everything after reach was trying to catch lighting in a bottle again.
Would've been nice that instead of the banished it was the flood who are roaming the halo.

Sure, user. Let's bring them back after we destroyed them. I'm sure 343 will do a great job handling them.

Make sure to buy the tie-in comics for the whole story, but don't neglect the Mega Bloks set that explains the ending, as well as the commemorative 7-11 Slurpee cup that comes with Epic Knight Armor.

>The worst thing about Halo
>Even 343 realizes they need to never be in Halo again

That's the one thing I can give 343. The Flood were always shit.

Don't worry, knowing 343's track record, next game the Banished will be relegated to a footnote and we'll have a new, never-before-seen threat to face.

Flood were great in Halo Wars 2, didn’t care for them much in the main games though.

They won't be never-before-seen if you fucking pay attention and buy Halo Unlimited, the special tie-in Burmese cave painting trading card set.

>Somehow, the flood's returned

Attached: EM-aYgvU0AAaXQH.jpg (1031x804, 90.09K)

If I've heard correctly, Infinite's plot is just already setting up and unleashing Not-Prometheans to replace the banished

Shit was scary when i played halo back then

Were they the ancient evil orange guys from 4? I genuinely don't remember 4. I think I flew a Pelican.

>Somehow Gravemind returned
>a crowd of Spartan 6's with pastel hair crowd around in bewilderment
>"Wait do we believe this" spouts a short nigger spartan
>"It cannot be, Gravemind is dead!" shouts an Elite in the background
>"Dark science? Cloning? Secrets only the Precursors knew" says another random OC

>Somehow, the Spartan IIs returned

They already were brought back in Halo Wars 2. Not even the main game, but a fucking DLC story.

I dun give a shit about Halo Wars. One user told me the new bad guys were from Halo Wars 2 and holy fuck who thought that was a good idea.

They were the reason Halo was rated M

Shouldn't have given them a dumb backstory then.

Attached: clinton_laughing2.jpg (450x355, 10.92K)

Who would win,

>A bunch of dumbass Brute mercs with stolen equipment and an army kept in check through bullying :(
>The entirety of the UNSC

Couldn't Oni just jazz up some anti-Brute virus that they absolutely haven't been working on and just call it a day?

Attached: 1635017971646.gif (128x128, 280.17K)

halo gaylo

Right, right, my bad.

It was the... Endless or something? Presumably whatever the Harbinger is, and apparently also the Skimmers? Not the most engaging idea for a main antagonist, but whatever. I was just making a joke about how Halo 4 set up the Covenant remnants, only to throw them out with Halo 5 and replace them with Cortana's nonsense, which in turn got offscreened and replaced by the Banished. I guess it would be more accurate to say that the Endless, lukewarmly received by fans, will also just get shuffled off and replaced by... Mecha-Flood or something.

Mecha-Flood..."The Drenched". 343, mail my check.