Make third person shooter based around mobility, with lots of fun melee animations

>Make third person shooter based around mobility, with lots of fun melee animations
>Tie player's mobility to a very short energy bar
>This energy is also shared with slow motion AND melee attacks, that you absolutely can't perform otherwise without more energy and 3 melee attacks will deplete all of your energy
>90% of your enemies are hitscans and even the shittiest grunt will stagger you with melee attacks. The enemy WILL mow you down in seconds if you get surrounded
>Otherwise behind cover you will never need to leave safety, popping easy 1 hit kill headshots for most of your foes
>The slow motion, that shares the same cooldown and energy bar as your movement options, activates even when you get too injured
>Several weapons allow and incentivize standard stationary cover shooting, like rocket launchers and lock on weapons, or even laser weapons sharing the very same short energy bar
>At best, you will use the slide melee attack over and over with slow mo follow up as only viable option
>You always get shitty useless allied grunts because war is le bad and people die and YOU, not the other grunt right besides him, no, YOU must go there and revive each of those who get downed even tho that also disincentivize getting close and personal with the enemy
Vanquish COULD have been good, I guess.
Never EVER trust Any Forums kids

Attached: vanquish.png (350x498, 362.45K)

Its boring 5/10 mediocrity just like every other platinum game except MGRR

Also why the fuck is the visor in front of his mouth?

End yourself

Malding platinum tranny

It always was shit indeed

That's not a visor, that's a i have no fucking clue what that is.

Still the 3rd best 3rd-person shooter behind Resident Evil 4 and Gears of war 2.

What made me mad is when Evil tech Putin shows up with a fancy suit that looked like an Armored Core and he could fly around, slide, dodge to the sides using afterburners, had a cool sword with some neat animations, and I was there, dodging, maybe using the same slide kick when he was low, and shooting him like a retard.
WHY can't I do that?

Attached: 1629969875983.gif (175x260, 347.92K)

Git gud.

It's "cool action sequence" QTE the game for people blinded by a bit of nostalgia.

I tried playing it recently and it was shit

Based retard

Binary Domain was 10 times better and actually fun

Forgot to mention the annoying stops to count your heckin score, the weapons that use your armors energy adding yet another thing that stops you from sliding around, and finally the annoying upgrade system for the weapons that encourages to to just not use a weapon if you want to upgrade it to max rank.
I played this after playing killer 7 and god hand thinking it would be a continuation of that era if kino but it was just annoying alot of the time. Atleast the credit sequence is kino

Shinji Mikami actually said that early versions of the game were much more melee focused and it was more like a character action + TPS mix. Apparently playtesters didn't like it so it ended up being way more shooter focused with melee combat taking a back seat.

This is why different melee attacks are just arbitrary locked behind different guns for no real good reason. At one point you most likely had access to that moveset all at once. God I wish we could have gotten that version.

Attached: 1334698712847.jpg (447x453, 37.46K)

I can't fucking believe this
Who were the retards that playtested?
I bet it was retarded casualfaggot console nips. They are the worst

No he is correct

There is a fuckton of tech in this game that is never explained and people good at the game actually make it look like the crazy drift game it's implied to be, while most people are stuck at playing Gears of War with a shitty gimmick.

I still enjoy Vanquish. It just hurts me that melee explodes your suit. What were they thinking? High risk (getting into close range) should have high reward. Instead you're punished for doing a melee attack. Such an odd decision.

I love that you can light a cig. My favourite part of the game.

>He trusted Any Forums

Attached: Homelander.jpg (400x500, 17.82K)

Sam Gideon is peak Mikami character design, TEW1 (another potentially good game crippled by shitty design choices) Sebastian is a complete downgrade both from Gideon and compared to TEW2 Sebastian

Gears is garbage and RE5 is superior to the absolute shitshow that is 4 in literally every way, writing included.

God the upgrade system is awful
Why is there anyway? You hardly need versions more powerful than vanilla for some, while others are completely useless. And you can't upgrade weapons without "stacking" them, so you need to have them in your hands without using them
Holy shit that's fucking retarded
Just let me play