Just gonna come out and say it, the first dungeon in this shit alone is better than any of the puzzles in botw...

Just gonna come out and say it, the first dungeon in this shit alone is better than any of the puzzles in botw. I concede the over world in breath of the wild is amazing especially for anyone who likes hiking nature or outdoors and it’s vastly superior to oot overword no contest, but that overworld + real dungeons would’ve been something special.

Attached: D84A0AE8-E186-4693-8D9F-5F2350FFC0AF.jpg (378x263, 39.76K)

This except BOTW overworld and shit and nothing about that game is redeeming at all.

hopefully the sequel will be a real zelda game with actual dungeons

The Deku Tree is quite clever. The game open with a very vertical, themed level and really takes advantage of this. Dodongo's cavern in the one weak child dungeon.

>look around until you find an eye or some stupid shit
>shoot it
>congrats you solved the puzzle

A part of me wants to think that the Devs really put the work on the OW in BoTW while they did the opposite for OOT by focusing more on the dungeons
Both are really great games though

Attached: Link be straight pimping.png (700x733, 628.26K)

>climb tallest thing in view
>hope it doesn’t rain
>glide somewhere

isn't Arin a cuckold though?

I wanted this game so bad i would sit in my room and play legos pretending my lego guys were zelda guys. I remember my mom came in to give me it to surprise me because she wanted to make me happy and i wouldnt stop talking about it. i dont even know if i had an n64 yet, i think i was buying one when my grandmas birthday money arrived which was like a week away.
I had a pretty good childhood, new kids wont understand the jump from mostly 2d games to 3d+OoT, it was incredible, especially if you were 10 at the time. Holy fuck the late 90s early 2k were great.

in that recent interview that got translated Miyamoto said they spent less time on OoT's dungeons and more time on the overworld and other parts of the game compared to the older games that came before it

Miyamoto also said you could use rupees to buy time in MM

That's totally a thing that should be modded in

>but that overworld + real dungeons would’ve been something special.
It has "real dungeons".
Why do people pretend it doesn't? Just because they're not the main course, but optional content now?

I'm a sucker for OoT, but BotW is absolutely the sort of adrenaline this declining games industry has needed. It's pure open-ended adventure at its very best, and I hope that more people will try to copy that unpatronizing tone in the future.

I don't think people take the survival factor into account when they make stupid arguments like this

Still don't get why people want 3D zelda dungeons. They're all the exact same boring shit. Pushing a block around a room isn't a puzzle, it's fucking tedious. Having to drag around a flaming stick that's on a time limit and also you can't do certain animations or else it goes out isn't a puzzle, it's a chore. At least BotW shrines give you freedom to solve them multiple ways depending on whatever shit you have in your bag, that kind of RPG shit where shit has multiple solutions depending on your items or skills is more engaging.

OoT and BotW are among the quintessential Zelda games but OoT's legacy meant that the other 3D Zeldas were just constantly rehashing it the point where it had become state as fuck.

>"Link, go here"
>oh look! Its the Forest/Fire/Water Temple
>woah lots of targets every where, does that mean I'll get the bow and arrows?
>mini boss fight! Will I get the bow and arrows?!
>DA NA NA NAH
>zomg its the bow and arrows!!!!
>I feel so smart solving all these puzzles now that I can shoot these target!
>boss fight! I wonder what his weakness is....
>"well done Link, now go over here"

BotW's approach instantly felt fresh because the player can fashion their own solutions to puzzles based on whatever they have in their pockets. I once solved a puzzle using a octo-balloon, a piece of flint, korok leaf and an arrow together and it felt more rewarding than anything the series had offered before.

I still feel like a fucking genius flipping the controller over to do that stupid motion control puzzle.

>the first dungeon in this shit alone is better than any of the puzzles in botw
There is all of one decent "puzzle" in the entire Deku Tree, and that's jumping down through the spider web. The rest of it is a series of boring isolated rooms where the puzzles are pushing a block in one direction or shooting a clearly exposed switch with the item you just god. There's also a group of enemies where you're literally told to hit them in a certain order and then you hit them in that order with no challenge or thinking required. People who want "traditional dungeons" and the pretend shit from a game that's casualized and breaindead to that extent are good gameplay never liked the Zelda series to begin with, they just like OoT because they grew up with it.

There's nothing wrong OoT. Its amazing and deserves all its acclaim.

The problem is all the games that came after it, which also wanted to be OoT. THOSE were the problem. The series had grown stagnant by Twilight Princess.

user those dungeons were just as braindead in oot as they were in tp, you were just a child then

>The problem is all the games that came after it
No, the problem is braindead puzzles, formulaic dungeons, simple combat with awful AI and the worst helper companion of all time. You having played it as a kid with nothing else to compare it to doesn't make it good.

The concepts and mechanics of the dungeons felt fresh in OoT. There had been nothing quite like it in gaming up to that point.

But those ideas just got rehashed endlessly. Oh look, the Hookshot.... yay...

>The concepts and mechanics of the dungeons felt fresh in OoT.
Hitting switches and pushing block? No, that wasn't fresh just because you didn't actually play other game, nor was it good gameplay.

Ok you seem to be getting agitated and now you're just shitposting.

What OoT brought to the table in 1998 changed the entire gaming landscape. One memorable moment in the Forest Temple where the player has to shoot the Poe in the painting. This one single puzzle fundamentally changed the way games are designed forever. And I bet you don't know why.

>This one single puzzle fundamentally changed the way games are designed forever. And I bet you don't know why.
Oh you're just that retarded "epic feint" spamming retard. I almost thought you were being serious for a second.