How is it so good?

How is it so good?

Attached: Duckstation.png (512x512, 43.39K)

It uses years worth of experience and tech Retroass / Mednafags figured out, and married it with the stellar UIX of Dolphin.

Easily one of the greatest emulators ever made.

Attached: Settings sh1 duckstation dog-house PGXP + dither + bloom + scanlines.png (2396x1196, 3.47M)

Why would I use it over Retroarch beyond UI?

because it’s got a duck

I still can't figure out how to make it stretch picture for the the whole screen without huge black bars on each side in fullscreen mode.

The dev is one of the best at making up harassment claims so stop harassing him

I find it interesting how the Dev of this thing hates the Dev of PCSX2 and threads constantly appear hating on PCSX2 and shilling this thing.

I always get artifacts on some games
Duckstation works flawlsessly with everything I tried so far

And yet he has the gall to steal their code and implement it on android.

Better performance.
Better audio.
All around much more enjoyable to use.

I really do not get how people can stomach Retrofag.

Attached: DuckStation Post-process.png (869x691, 77.06K)

unironically works on my machine
You have to be more specific than that. Mednafen is the same shit and it's on Retroarch, right?

Weren't they doing the same thing for retroarch, too

>Mednafen is the same shit and it's on Retroarch, right?
The roots are the same, but they're their own projects at this point. Hell, even DuckStation has its own "core" on the Retroshit, but so far the standalone emulator simply works better, and not having to deal with RA is a huge, huge plus in my books.

Right, but the only difference I'm seeing is UI.

>culling correction off
lol, this reminds me of a funny bug Duckstation used to have with it enabled in Gran Turismo 2. webm related, just forgive the awful cornering as I was more focused on the traffic when recording

Attached: Base_Profile_2021.01.09_-_12.29.27.03.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

used it for mgs a couple months ago, easily my new favorite emulator. performance is great, audio's great and the UI is simple and easy even for a brainlet.

>No netplay
Pathetic

Arbitrary render resolution. Beetle PSX-HW only supports powers of 2 using 320x224 as a base- this means it supports 640x, 1280x, and 2560x, but skips right over 1920x1080 because that would be six times the original resolution instead of four or eight. This was submitted as a bug about a decade ago and no one ever touched it for some reason.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything, especially since it lacks Retroarch's lagless vsync.

>pinball mode enabled
that's hilarious

In that case, I have a 1440p monitor so I'll deal with oocasionally having to spelunk through a menu to find the setting I want for every other convenience Retroarch gives me.

considering how little it does to your GPU you'd think rendering 8x and downscaling would be preferred

Lagless V-Sync is in conjunction with VRR, nothing to do with RetroArch or not. You can use run-ahead with PSX though, even with PSX software I can get 2 frames of run-ahead with zero performance hit

You can do that, but then you get forced anti-aliasing because duh, you're downsampling the image. I don't know why there was such a deal about not adding arbitrary render resolutions since Duckstation has added it to Mednafen (Beetle) and it works flawlessly. Probably dev fighting or some shit. Plus, not everyone has proper specs to run super high resolutions- remember, this is emulation we're talking about, home of poorfags and freetards.

I'll be honest, I have no idea how the lagless Vsync works, just that Retroarch has it built in and I've yet to see anyone else who does and I have a really shitty monitor that has tearing out the asshole even when showing 60fps at 60hz unless vsync is actually enabled.