Mavis Beacon is often thought to be a living or historical figure by the public...

>Mavis Beacon is often thought to be a living or historical figure by the public. This confusion has led many to contact the software developers seeking to speak to, interview, or book Mavis for an event. Furthermore, as a result of Mavis Beacon's continuous use in computer typing software, and her image on millions of software boxes, many consumers have reported confabulations (i.e. false memories) of Mavis Beacon winning typing contests or appearing on talk shows.[1][4]
>tfw no mavis tulpa

Attached: 1627012749831.jpg (500x498, 61.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CKqMD3rwUMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if she didn't exist why put some woman on the cover like she was real?

Is this worth it if you're 25 and have been using computers since you were a toddler?
I mean I imagine if you're a child or an adult learning computers for the first time, it works, and probably well. But if you're already grown and been typing a certain way your entire life...

get typing of the dead instead, probably better

Mmmm I might try this thing to get better at typing

wait is she not a real person?

And they say the west can't into character design

because it sold better than having a box with nothing on it. it was just some haitian model

the model was real, but her name wasnt mavis beacon

i'm tired of token black characters in video games

wtf she came to my school to give a speech about the importance of typing
is this the mandolo effect?

We had an MSDoS program called HyperTyper that the school used to train and grade us in typing. Shit was cool and actually helped me get better. Though considering how many people in my country are abysmally slow when it comes to typing speed, I am pretty content with mine.
t. third world that requires 35WPM for any office job

Attached: file.png (1013x311, 44.59K)

She's no Icarus Proudbottom

*mandingo affect

bump

Mavis Beacon gave me jungle fever in the 90s.

My school didn't use Mavis Beacon. Did she teach the "Quiet Aunt Zelda" method? That's what I was taught in middle school.

I tried that before but it ignored spaces, anything else for typing complete sentences?

My school had Mario Teaches Typing

I believe that in the Mavis lore, she was a random Jamaican or Haitian (?) woman that they took the picture of for the cover photoshoot.

Who the fuck cares about your typing speed unless you work as a stenographer or transcriptionist?

you can probably type as fast as you ever should. typing speed is a boomer mindfuck outside a few professions

Wouldn't you like to save your most precious resource by typing faster?
They say you think at 1000 words per minute, that means your typing speed is a real bottleneck to getting words on a page.

I've been stuck at 70 WPM for weeks, bros. how do I break through this wall?

Attached: 1626139129477.jpg (750x781, 109.15K)

I just played a MUD for 10 years. You learn to type fast or die.

youtu.be/CKqMD3rwUMk

My speed is between 80 and 110 wpm but i have a hard time with punctuation