Quicksave

>quicksave
>quickload
>quicksave
>quickload
>quicksave
>quickload

Yeah, what a great game.

Attached: 167271-thief-gold-windows-other.jpg (800x696, 92.56K)

You don't need to savescum, the guards can't pursue you worth shit. Just run away from them.

You’re not ghosting it first time, learn to live with failures

Running away and hiding from guards is so easy. Sounds like you're just bad

A few saves per mission as checkpoints is all you need.

You just suck Taffer

You know you can just not do that, right?

This isnt the main problem with the game.

Its the shit levels
like half is fucking utter shite, with some ass objectives

seriously fuck this game

Yeah, I do savescum, sue me

>cheating your way through with quicksaves
>complains that he did that
Hmmmm

Attached: 1qjwzg.jpg (584x794, 63.86K)

Thief 1 is dogshit. Why do people keep saying it’s good? The Dishonored games outclass it in every way.

Attached: 64A09098-7300-49DB-8535-B55B045A34F3.gif (179x90, 445.8K)

modern games:
>walk through a sausage level that is basically a cutscene, mechanics reduced to qte
wow what an improvement

Based. The inconsistent ai doesn't help.

>inconsistent AI that does different things every time you load the save and regularly gets stuck while pathing through the level.
>that one spot in the first game that prevents you from doing a powerless run
>enemies detecting you randomly through walls
>put bottle down gently on the ground it explodes and alerts everyone.
>sections where you're almost grunted to get spotted first time ruining your ghost run.
Don't get me wrong the games have an amazing sandbox quality to them but theyre so fucking inconsistant it ruins the hardcore stealth experience that thief has down to an art (when the levels aren't shit anyway)

Carl is that you?

Quicksaving always removes any and all difficulty and tension. They deserved to get replaced with checkpoints

"No"

Poor take.

Despite being over 20 years old, few stealth games match Thief's sound design and light meter. The AI is pretty weak and a lot of the missions are indeed ass but pure stealth practically peaked with Thief. I love the Dishonored games, except DotO, but they fall short in the stealth department. This is due to the game supporting many action oriented approaches and the levels having to support that as well as stealth. Plus casual shit like on/off stealth, more generous health potions etc.

NGL I like how the modern hitman games handle it, especially 2.
>low difficulty lets you explore and you can save as much as you want
>medium adds more challenges, you can save 3 times at key points that fit into your strategy.
>hard adds extra guards and cameras and conditionals, you can only save 1 time and it'll usually be after the longest period of setup but on some strategies you might save early and risk losing a ton of progress so when to use it is on you.
I mean fuck outside of the fact they make some of the strategies and paths that were reliable in the first game WAY TOO HARD especially for shit like garrotte suit-only; it's basically perfect.

Simple AI is usually best for stealth games though, one problem with dishonoured's AI is they break really often and have a bad habit of seeing through walls or getting lost. Simple guard routes and patterns are important outside of areas where you intentionally add a bit of chaos. Letting AI do what it wants makes important tools like lures and memorising patrols really fucking inconsistent.
They really overtuned the games for combat and the AI is definitely designed for it. Hardcore flesh and steel pacifist ghost stuff always feels really iffy, like the devs didn't want you to do it even though they made it an option.