Could the dark energy plot save the ending?

Could the dark energy plot save the ending?

Attached: 7273gagjgajbv21.jpg (750x802, 119.12K)

Did they ever comment what they were going to do with it? I only remember it being a thing on Tali's mission in ME2 but then it went nowhere

No, it wasn't fleshed out by any measure.

The lead writer (DK) said it would have been shit too. Other people have presented why on other threads but it basically as retarded as the whole AI setting because Reapers are trying to delay dark energy growth which is cause my mass effect usage which is exasperated by them forcing all races to use mass effect fields.

>shepard makes it to the control room
>no retarded blue child in sight
>activates the crucible
>all reapers fucking die
>shepard is hailed as a galactic hero
There, I fixed the ending. They should just have kept it simple.

I think if they put some thought into it, they'd make a more satisfying ending.

The idea makes more sense than ai vs organics plot we've seen 20 million times

oh do fuck off destroyfag

Based, that’s why Destroy ending is canon

are internet autists throwing their conspiracies around on youtube again?

Attached: Capture.png (633x360, 66.67K)

Back then it could have worked but desu i don't think they could have gotten an ending fitting for the trilogy, looks like a good patch, simple and direct people would still be pissed but not this much, now i wonder what happened with that user that went on a rampage for years due his anger over the ending, if you can read this shit hope you're doing ok mate

Attached: 1642015980473.jpg (472x547, 43.85K)

lmao no, the Dark Energy plot was far worse than what we ended up getting.

He also joked about the reception to one of his later Star Wars books was "It was great until the ending ruined it" so so much for him being a perfect writer.

This? Honestly I think whenever something doesn't pan out like people expect it to, suddenly everyone starts thinking about how there was all this behind the scenes in-fighting and drama when 9 times out of 10 lots of developers will have each others backs and go "oh well" when shit happens, without all this bloodthirsty rage people on forums talk about. We've known for a long time they never planned the Reaper threat properly as far back as ME1, so Drew probably didn't hate 3's ending so much so as he regretted they couldn't do better, but still without pointing any fingers or going "you killed my baby" like I've heard so many anons say he should've been like.

Attached: drew.png (598x528, 47.49K)

>spend entire trilogy trying to destroy the reapers
>gay transparent kid appears
>wtf I want to change my mind now???

If you don't destroy, you're not even human.

>pick synthesis
>these poor fuckers become sentient and feel pain again

Attached: ME3_Brute.png (360x360, 249.06K)

No because they still would have funneled all player choice down into a forced resolution.
The fundamental flaw was having the scope so grand and the stakes so high and it's all on the video game guy.

They have a great universe to be whored out and syndicated however.

The problem is that the last 10 minutes is not the proper time to humanize the completely inhuman, malevolent force in the series. It's like going through the trouble of catching Ted Bundy and then when you finally caught him he gives you the story of his troubled childhood. Nobody gives a fuck at that point.

Yes but it would need some workshopping.
>Leviathans realize that mass effect technology is accelerating the heat-death of the universe
>they decide to create an AI to help compute a solution, but are scared of it rebelling so they restrict the AI's ability to self-improve (it cannot invent, only process given data)
>AI realizes that the solution is beyond its means, and comes up with the idea of using organic life as a loophole on the "no evolving" rule AND slow down the rate of decay
>Reapers systematically harvest spacefaring civilizations, adding their combined knowledge to their own and then seeding the next cycle with what they know, each one starting off with a little more progress towards the solution than before while limiting ME tech use as much as possible
>Reapers destroy synesthetic life other than themselves, as they still follow their original programming and don't like unpredictable and unrestricted synthetic evolution fucking up their experiment by inventing/using ME tech too fast or ignoring the tech the Reapers provide
Endings would basically be:
- keep going with the Reaper plan (you control the Reapers and are basically an immortal God perpetuating their butchery for the safest bet of success)
- destroy all synthetic life and hope for the best (Reapers eat shit and organic life is free, but you may be doomed if you can't figure out dark matter)
- your cycle finally reaches the solution (Shep doesn't get to control or kill the Reapers, synthetic life may become the next problem)

The dark energy plot would have still reduced it all to choosing whether you destroy the Reapers, or let them harvest humanity.
It's two endings instead of three.

No. You need to rewrite the series starting from ME2 to make the Reapers work.

can Any Forums stop complaining
Control Ending is kino

No, they were both shit. Reapers were a terrible idea to begin with.

There's a mod that pretty much does that.