Are these chink pocket emulators worth it

are these chink pocket emulators worth it

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 128.77K)

wait for steam deck

Absolutely if you don't get suckered into paying much over $100 for one.

Nah, the steam deck or a hacked switch is better for that kind of shit
Maybe wait a few years for gamecube and PS2 compatible consoles to come out

No. Just emulate on a 4k VRR OLED with BFI on your PS controller and you will never look back. Being able to play any game with upscaling, shaders and filters on a 4k OLED with true blacks and extremely clear motion is just unbeatable. These shitty handhelds have fixed refresh-rate display so a ton of lag, plus they have IPS cloudiness and grayish blacks and a really cramped and uncomfortable controller layout.

Form factor and size of RG351MP is great but has abit of weight due to metal case.

Can't pocket a steamdeck. Chinkhelds work best for spontant gaming on the go.

I'd say wait for another year because by then I'd say we will have one with a bigger screen (5 inch) and will be able to run gamecube and ps2 better.

I've got an RG552 and an RG351P. It depends on what you want, my dream system is pocketable, good battery, built in wifi, functioning sleep, blue light filter, and can play up to Wii and almost all things do not quite meet that yet. They're fun though

>chink shit
>worth
Come on user.

If you want something like that then use your phone.

Just get a 3DS or Vita, and apply a jailbreak for better range of games and build quality.

Just use a phone

Retroid Pocket 2+ is riddiculous value, up to GC and PS2 for $99, but you should probably wait for 3 in hopes of better screen and right analog.

Yeah, at least these days. I will forever be kicking myself for not getting a case of PSPs back when you could still get new ones cheap. It wasn't even that long ago. And of course fucking Nintendo had to end the N3DS.

there are good ones but check the user reviews so you don’t get fucked, they are great for playing pre-ps2 games

I'll wait until they start emulating PS2/GC games properly, but I gotta admit they're plenty attractive already. The Retroid Pocket 2+ seems like incredible value but it looks really ugly. The Anbernic RG280V is cute as a button but it doesn't seem very powerful.

I know so much about these consoles that I feel I get more entertainment from watching videos about them than I would actually playing emulated games.

This. I'd wait for the next Retroid model for bigger screen and a bit better performance. Retroid 3 is supposed to be the same as 2+ but 5 inch screen. But by this time next year Id assume we will have an actual new Retroid that will run gamecube and ps2 much better

Nah, much nicer to have a dedicated device with a dedicated os, that doesn't drain the battery of my current phone, costs at best the same as a seperate phone, and is usually less hassle and more fun to tinker with.

Hey, let's cool it on the racism, okay champ? Thanks.

Not really.
Use your phone or stick to PC.
If you're into DIY, then get a Pi.
These devices serve no market except for the exceptionally lazy with money.

The Retroid 2+ screen is too small. Its same size as the 3ds screen

>get a Pi
Pi make for shit handhelds. Take forever to boot up and have no sleep function.

Instead of "buying a separate phone", you could buy an external battery charger.
You know, what most people, who game on their phone, do anyway.

Using moon shell for the vita gave it a second life for it, very comfy

Right, so you're not DIY.

OR, have a device dedicated to gaming instead of brutalizing a device with a bunch of cringe external shit that most of us use to take calls and text on.

>shitberry pi
>2022
reddit called, they want their meme back

I don't really think so. Any emulation they run will run and probably run better on your phone. Just get something like pic related if you don't wanna use the touchscreen for input.

Attached: ipega.jpg (800x800, 58.11K)

>Brutalizing
What the fuck kind of argument is that?

But, let's just entertain that for a minute.
So, why can't you hack your 3DS or Vita in that case?

>No arguments
This reminds me of people who say shit like:
Pretendo, Phony, ect.

You came here asking if it's worth it but when anyone says no you just explain it away. If you've already made up your mind, why make a thread you shitler