ITT: Great games that Any Forums tried to trick you into not playing

ITT: Great games that Any Forums tried to trick you into not playing.

Attached: madmax.jpg (1280x720, 167.54K)

gta online

Obligatory

Attached: Dark SOULs.jpg (800x1128, 773.07K)

Absolutely based. I managed to get 2 playthroughs out if this game. Actually makes me feel bad I bought it on release for 20$ on g2a

>imagine if this was how 3D fallout was designed
It hurts. Why can’t a good company do fallout

Cod Black Ops 3
Kept getting told every release after Bo1 is trash so never touched another Cod since. Played Bo3 since it was on sale with a ton of zombies maps and I fucking love it, its got so much love put into it.

I got it for "free" on PS+ and it was way better than it had any right to be.

Why is it great then?

give me the qrd, why is this game good

Bahman combat but much improved and more visceral
Great deiving and cars
Good looking open world optimized wonderfully
Car combat is fun

atmosphere and enjoyable car physics

It's basically a post-apocalyptic Just Cause 3 which itself it's a GTA clone but with a better world, atmosphere and story. Also the driving is fucking good.

It’s looks beautiful and the driving combat is fun. There’s Batman brawling combat with a little bit of shooting

Pros
>Good driving & car combat, especially if you don't just thunderpoon everything once you get it
>Solid combat even if it's sort of arkhamshit, feels appropriately weighted and you don't just float around everywhere spamming counters
>World design is decent & game looks great even if it's mostly desert, enough detail & landmarks always on the horizon so it's hard to get lost
>Graphics, visual effects & sound design are great and it runs on a toaster
>regularly goes on sale for under $10
Cons
>Story becomes pretty lackluster after you get the V8, Chum & the camp leaders are great but the rest of the characters are hit or miss, especially Hope
>You don't get your second row of engine upgrades until you're about 3/4 of the way through the game
>Buzzards don't speak Russian, just gibberish arguably no difference there
>bosses are all copy-pasted fat guys aside from Stank Gum and Scrotus
>convoys don't respawn

Attached: ap.jpg (1200x675, 71.96K)

>30fps on xbox one x

fuck that

This was never a bad game. Even when it launched.

This game has a weird pacing where it starts good and then gets great and then gradually spirals worse and worse until it’s finally over

Comfy driving in the apocalypse with your deformed mech bro. But seriously, it's peculiarly comfy for a batman-ubishit mixed with a very well made vehicle game.

Any Forums is starting to see the light these days though

Attached: Mass Effect 3 cover.jpg (1024x1443, 393.38K)

I still remember how disappointed I was after playing it