Why do thrid person shooters even exist?

Why do thrid person shooters even exist?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 100.87K)

consoles

purely because of consoles

/thread

it's fun

faggot devs and companymen demanded that you see the MC's player model in their "AAA shooter"

>games are more fun when I can't see a third of the screen
kill yourself retard

Why does Uncharted even exist?

OBJECTION!

Attached: moh-5_1.png (650x488, 661.22K)

Out of all possible arguments against 3rd person shooters this has to be the most stupid one. It's impressive how ignorant one can be.

It's Indiana Jones: The Game.
>inb4 Tomb Raider
Yeah, I know, but Tomb Raider was pretty dead by the time the first Uncharted came out.

Overruled

Attached: 1642364172304.jpg (577x700, 62.59K)

>b-but seeing the character makes you feel like batman!
consolenigger or underage? impossible to tell

I kinda like them even on PC desu

>It's Indiana Jones: The Game

Except it has none of the pulp qualities and personality of the Indiana Jones series.

Attached: 161813_cc350664c7af541.jpg (700x466, 51.09K)

why not? it's fun and good break from first person shooting. plus you can add stuff that doesn't work in first person that well. and vice versa some stuff works better in first person.
you generally see more in 3rd person games. first person is always more limited. you already have very limited view but also have to actually turn around instead of just nudging the camera a bit if needed. not saying one is superior to other, just different type.

Pctards really stigmatize like a kid would do.

True. Every game should use the same generic default model from now on. Same for guns. Every gun should be an Ak, who needs variety.

Do you mean over the shoulder ones? Stuff like splatoon or Ratchet and Clank work fine

Cover based shooters like Gears of war working better in 3rd person because you can actually approach combat in more thoughtful way. There's also plenty of shooters with flashy movement mechanics which wouldn't be as fun from first person pov.

For me, it's horse semen

consoletards enjoy the sensation of manipulating a small marionette with their controllers